PDA

View Full Version : Whew. No Sharia law in Oklahoma ...

finnbow
11-08-2010, 02:58 PM
... nor anywhere else in the US, for that matter. However, just in case Oklahoma nips it in the bud.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44630.html#ixzz14RoDCJpa

What a bunch of hillwilliams.:rolleyes:

d-ray657
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
... nor anywhere else in the US, for that matter. However, just in case Oklahoma nips it in the bud.

Problem is, it's mostly flat and plenty of people who still wear flattops.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
And to think I was once disappointed because I missed the opportunity to meet Newt.
Turns out it would have just been another encounter with a whacko. Like meeting Tom Cruise, only to find out that he really is just a dick with a huge ego.

Dave

noonereal
11-09-2010, 06:24 AM

what can one say?

God bless. :D

BlueStreak
11-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Anyhow.

Back to the OP.

Just another part of the GOP fearmongering/manipulation.
Create a Boogeyman, then set about saving us all from him.

Take the Gitmo detainees for example; "NOT IN MY BACKYARD!!!!".............
What an absurd notion, that the Obama adminstration is going to bring
Islamist terrorists to your town and just turn them loose to terrorize
your family. But, this was the assumption that was allowed to foment.

Why?

Where are the detainees now?

"Oh, my. Look. Another campaign promise broken. Tsk, tsk, tsk........."

Just another observation.

Dave

piece-itpete
11-09-2010, 08:59 AM
And the great Obie didn't know this when he made his promises?

Or are you saying all the big cities here are Republican :p

As far as Sharia, aren't there enclaves in France where it is allowed?

Pete

BlueStreak
11-09-2010, 09:27 AM
And the great Obie didn't know this when he made his promises?

Or are you saying all the big cities here are Republican :p

As far as Sharia, aren't there enclaves in France where it is allowed?

Pete

You live in France?

I've often wondered when people are going to realize the GOP has barking dogs herding it's cattle, just like the Dems do.

The only difference is that the GOPs current crop of dogs are better at convincing the cattle that the building at the end of the chute isn't a slaughterhouse.

Point is, anyone who actually thought that Obama, or any politician for that matter, could deliver on every promise is an idiot. Remember the woman crying with joy, because she thought Obama was going to buy her a car and make her house payments?-------Idiot, Pete. The woman is an idiot. What was even more interesting is that my redneck co-workers were pissed because, drum roll please-----"I'm not paying for that n***ers car!" They're idiots too.

People are cows in a pen. Waiting for the dogs to tell them which way to go, my friend.

This is the world through MY eyes.

Dave

piece-itpete
11-09-2010, 09:34 AM
The end of us all - a pnuematically driven rod through the skull? :)

Gitmo stands out because is was the very reason Bush was hated worldwide, so they said. Repeatedly.

Now it's forgotten. I vote sheep, not cows :p

Pete

BlueStreak
11-09-2010, 09:46 AM
The end of us all - a pnuematically driven rod through the skull? :)

Gitmo stands out because is was the very reason Bush was hated worldwide, so they said. Repeatedly.

Pete

Sheep, cows, ....a rose by any other name.........

Dave

piece-itpete
11-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Better'n pigs :D

Pete

CarlV
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Pete

Hmm, I use an IRC chat with worldwide members. Yep, Bush was hated worldwide, really hated, still hated, but they tell me it was Obama making contacts soon after he was elected elected that got us the forgiveness. And none of it is forgotten.
I would like to know what Tony Blair really thinks.
And of course there were the GOP criticisms of Obama for doing this...

I must tell these guys their sadly mistaken. :p

finnbow
11-09-2010, 10:11 AM

Let me get this straight. Bush creates an intractable mess at Gitmo for which he and the USA get a big black eye in the international community. Obama wants to resolve it, but the NIMBY crowd (with the overt support of the GOP) succeeds in frightening the Americans about terrorists in their backyards and effectively causes the effort to be scuttled. And it's Obama's fault. Got it.:confused:

piece-itpete
11-09-2010, 10:34 AM
He didn't know that? Wasn't our leader a Senator, and smart?

Where's world opinion on gitmo now? Give the Pres another peace prize ;)

Pete

noonereal
11-09-2010, 10:57 AM
He didn't know that? Wasn't our leader a Senator, and smart?

Where's world opinion on gitmo now? Give the Pres another peace prize ;)

Pete

They now understand our policies and as a result are less outraged.

Bush boy should have tried it.

Devil's+voc8
11-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Another hot-topic non-issue, sure to be filed in the round filing cabinet of time. Everyone knows that you can file your petition to the international court of appeals under the proper conditions: sent in triplicate to the GPS coordinates 0,0, addressed to Santa Clause. Way to squander your 15 minutes of fame OK, was your new state heuristic to look stupid, utter boredom, or trying to be Texas but failing terribly. New state slogan, ”Come to Oklahoma, we’re not too bright, but we like to piss people off”.

“This man stole my cheeseburger and I would like to invoke the Code of Hammurabi.”

“It was only a horse your honor and according to Hittite Law it was lawful, and furthermore Catherine the Great was fine with it as well.”

If plate tectonics worked for the betterment of humanity OK would be the size of RI and 5 miles above sea level, and this is where we could put all the politicians that waste time and money with the useless, when there are real things to fix. I am personally tired of politics as Jerry Spring meets Pro-wrestling.

Charles
11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Huakit hi mirammiti lili zimen nibni
Mectatilix mihallimin me chitali tafal morchi

How do you say that in American?

Chas

finnbow
11-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Huakit hi mirammiti lili zimen nibni
Mectatilix mihallimin me chitali tafal morchi

How do you say that in American?

Chas

It means "your hovercraft is full of eels."

Actually, a bit of Interweb Googling says it means the following in ancient Maltese "It(she) fell, my edifice, [that] which I had been building for so long,It was not the builders’ fault, but (of) the soft clay (that lay beneath)."

I like my hovercraft translation better.

Charles
11-22-2010, 05:59 PM

Actually, a bit of Interweb Googling says it means the following in ancient Maltese "It(she) fell, my edifice, [that] which I had been building for so long,It was not the builders’ fault, but (of) the soft clay (that lay beneath)."

I like my hovercraft translation better.

Thank you Finn.

I like your hovercraft explanation as well, more of a this is for you, this is for the horse you rode in on way of pointing out one's folly.

Even a buck toothed cretin such as myself can make the connection.

Chas

piece-itpete
11-23-2010, 07:57 AM

LMAO! Finn FTW!

Pete

finnbow
11-23-2010, 09:25 AM
LMAO! Finn FTW!

Pete

I cannot take credit for the "hovercraft full of eels." It rightly belongs to Monty Python.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

This remains one of their skits that has stuck in my head for decades. Enjoy.:D

Charles
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I cannot take credit for the "hovercraft full of eels." It rightly belongs to Monty Python.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

This remains one of their skits that has stuck in my head for decades. Enjoy.:D

I'm impressed Finn, a man who humbly gives credit to those who deserve it.

Stay out of politics, they'll eat you alive!!!

Chas

d-ray657
11-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Man, I miss Monty Python. Growing up with Monty Python's Flying Circus probably had much to do with my warped mind.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
11-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Man, I miss Monty Python. Growing up with Monty Python's Flying Circus probably had much to do with my warped mind.

Regards,

D-Ray

I popped out of the hatch a half a bubble off. Life's experiences have simply made me worse.

Chas

merrylander
11-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

You were/are not alone.:p

d-ray657
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM
I popped out of the hatch a half a bubble off.

Chas

I description that only a construction man could properly appreciate.;)

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
11-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I description that only a construction man could properly appreciate.;)

Regards,

D-Ray

Once again, my meager abilities reveal themselves.

Chas

merrylander
11-23-2010, 03:31 PM

Chas

Is that why you don't like Stanley levels?

d-ray657
11-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Chas

Certainly more creative than this plodding propagator of prose.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
11-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Is that why you don't like Stanley levels?

One thing about Stanley levels, you're always a half a bubble off, depending on how you turn them.

I like their squares, at least the expensive ones. And you can't go wrong with an M77 Skilsaw, especially the new magnesium models.

You can bust one if you're a klutz, but you can't wear one out.

Chas

Charles
11-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Certainly more creative than this plodding propagator of prose.

Regards,

D-Ray

Your command of the King's English far exceeds mine. But I'm from Bugtussell, we hold ourselves to lower standards that the civilized world.

BTW, did I tell ya 'bout the time I knocked a squirrel outta a tree with a walnut, then chased it down and squooze it to death?

Chas

d-ray657
11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Your command of the King's English far exceeds mine. But I'm from Bugtussell, we hold ourselves to lower standards that the civilized world.

BTW, did I tell ya 'bout the time I knocked a squirrel outta a tree with a walnut, then chased it down and squooze it to death?

Chas

I think you proved my point.:p

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
11-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I think you proved my point.:p

Regards,

D-Ray

Smart assed, big city mouthpiece!!!

Chas

finnbow
11-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Smart assed, big city mouthpiece!!!

Chas

Well did, sir.

d-ray657
11-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I concede. I am no match for the wit on display here.

res ipsa loquitor.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
11-24-2010, 08:11 AM

Chas

Rotflmao!

Keep your standards low for greater success in meeting them :grin:

More latin D!

Pete

Charles
11-24-2010, 09:22 AM

res ipsa loquitor.

Regards,

D-Ray

I thought the FDA took that off of the market.

Chas

merrylander
11-24-2010, 11:58 AM

res ipsa loquitor.

Regards,

D-Ray

My ass.

d-ray657
11-30-2010, 10:25 AM
My father in law was in town, from Oklahoma, over the holiday. He said that he is embarrassed to be from Oklahoma anymore because of the morons that OK puts up for office. My only bright spots now are some of the high academic ratings OU has received and the football team.

BTW Finn, after Va Tech's rotten start, it looks like we might be BCS bowl opponents this season. :)

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
11-30-2010, 10:35 AM
My father in law was in town, from Oklahoma, over the holiday. He said that he is embarrassed to be from Oklahoma anymore because of the morons that OK puts up for office. My only bright spots now are some of the high academic ratings OU has received and the football team.

BTW Finn, after Va Tech's rotten start, it looks like we might be BCS bowl opponents this season. :)Regards,

D-Ray

They have to get past Florida State this weekend first in the ACC championship game in Charlotte. I didn't think that it would be too hard until I saw FSU absolutely dismantle Florida this weekend. If the Hokies meet the Sooners, we may have to make a friendly wager.

d-ray657
11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
They have to get past Florida State this weekend first in the ACC championship game in Charlotte. I didn't think that it would be too hard until I saw FSU absolutely dismantle Florida this weekend. If the Hokies meet the Sooners, we may have to make a friendly wager.

We handled FSU pretty easily this season, and it looks like Florida is just playing out the string this season. We have to play a Nebraska team that was in the national championship hunt until the Texas game. It's an interesting game. One of the reasons I hated the Big 8 becoming the Big 12 is that we lost our annual rivalry game with Nebraska. That had accounted for some memorable games. Now, this is Nebraska's last game in the Big 12 - the last game for anyone in the Big 12 as we know it. We have an extra motivation to keep Neb from taking the trophy to the Big 10.

As long as I am rambling about football (which is much better than rambling on about Oklahoma politics), the Big 12 had 4 teams with 10-2 records. No team has fewer than 2 losses in the conference. Some pretty good teams knocked off some pretty good teams. I'm 99% sure that neither TCU nor Boise State could make it through a Big 12 schedule (or SEC or Big 10 for that matter) without taking a hit or two in the course of the season. We'll see how TCU fares in a BCS bowl this year.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
11-30-2010, 01:11 PM
FSU has been playing very well lately now that their QB, Christian Ponder, is again healthy. He's been mostly beat up all season. Another reason for concern is that historically the Hokies have done poorly against FSU. Hope springs eternal. I have a bet with an FSU fanboy down the hall.

noonereal
11-30-2010, 01:20 PM
We'll see how TCU fares in a BCS bowl this year.

In 2012 TCU will be in the Big East.

finnbow
11-30-2010, 01:40 PM
In 2012 TCU will be in the Big East.

As the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." The twist is that TCU can probably beat anybody in the Big East this year, but won't beat 'em where it counts - a shot at the national title. That said, even if they were in the Big East this year and won the conference, they wouldn't be any better off in terms of a national championship bid IMHO. The Big East has a pretty deep hole to crawl out of in terms of football relevance.

noonereal
11-30-2010, 02:15 PM
As the saying goes, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." The twist is that TCU can probably beat anybody in the Big East this year, but won't beat 'em where it counts - a shot at the national title. That said, even if they were in the Big East this year and won the conference, they wouldn't be any better off in terms of a national championship bid IMHO. The Big East has a pretty deep hole to crawl out of in terms of football relevance.

yeah, you are right. The Big East sucks. (you did say it really nice though;))

merrylander
11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Hate to say this but they all suck, rather watch paint dry.

d-ray657
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
yeah, you are right. The Big East sucks. (you did say it really nice though;))

I don't know if you remember OU b-ball coach Billy Tubbs, but he and Johnny Orr at Iowa State brought run and gun basketball to the Big 8. Billy hated the Big East with a passion. Nothing he liked better than taking a scalp from the east coast. :p

Tubbs was a character; one of his more infamous moments being when he was asked to calm the home crowd down. He took the mike and told the crowd "I've been asked to tell you not to throw anything on the court, no matter how bad the officiating is.":D

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
11-30-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't know if you remember OU b-ball coach Billy Tubbs, but he and Johnny Orr at Iowa State brought run and gun basketball to the Big 8. Billy hated the Big East with a passion. Nothing he liked better than taking a scalp from the east coast. :p

Tubbs was a character; one of his more infamous moments being when he was asked to calm the home crowd down. He took the mike and told the crowd "I've been asked to tell you not to throw anything on the court, no matter how bad the officiating is.":D
Regards,

D-Ray

Dat's a good one. As bad as they are in football, they're a very tough basketball conference - probably the roughest, toughest (though not necessarily the best) conference in the land. What they lack in ACC finesse, they make up for by bloodying your nose.

Charles
11-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Hate to say this but they all suck, rather watch paint dry.

My mortarboard also comes with a trowel.

Chas

d-ray657
11-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Dat's a good one. As bad as they are in football, they're a very tough basketball conference - probably the roughest, toughest (though not necessarily the best) conference in the land. What they lack in ACC finesse, they make up for by bloodying your nose.

That turned out to be a pretty expensive one-liner for Billy. The fine was in five figures I believe.

I'll concur that the Big East is a good basketball conference. It has taken the mantle away from the Big Ten as far as making basketball a blood sport.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
12-01-2010, 08:17 AM
My mortarboard also comes with a trowel.

Chas

Pro sports are not sports, they are a business. Universities and colleges are for the purpose of educating people, not building large stadia. If they put as much effort into educating people as they put into 'sports' we would be much better off.:rolleyes:

d-ray657
12-01-2010, 08:39 AM
It is kind of funny that conversation about the sports programs at our alma maters would arise in a thread about religion.:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
12-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Pro sports are not sports, they are a busines. Universities and colleges are for the purpose of educating people, not building large stadia. If they put as much effort into educating people as they put into 'sports' we would be much better off.:rolleyes:

I always thought it was kind of cheesy for pro sports to have a bunch of cheerleaders dancing on the sidelines.

I always thought a bunch of bookies would be more appropriate.

Chas

Charles
12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
It is kind of funny that conversation about the sports programs at our alma maters would arise in a thread about religion.:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

Collegiate sports is the opiate of the educated class.

But I could be wrong.

Chas

noonereal
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Religion is the opiate of the masses.

Collegiate sports is the opiate of the educated class.

But I could be wrong.

Chas

I think you about "nailed". :D

Devil's+voc8
12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Sports: you cats are going to bore my ass to death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sor9GzivGbk