PDA

View Full Version : Obie goes to Russia

Charles
07-07-2009, 06:35 PM
What do you reckon he gave Putin...a sealed copy of "Dr. Zhivago" on VHS?

Chas

painter
07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
:D :D :D

Someone said we'll be selling them more hamburgers! Cheesh...what about the rest of the cow? :rolleyes:

Twodogs
07-07-2009, 07:30 PM
the future does not belong to those who gather armies on a field of battle or bury missiles in the ground;

I read his speech this evening and this was the best line. I can just see Pootin smiling and nodding. Makes me wanna buy more bullets, but I'm having trouble finding the damn things.:eek:

Charles
07-07-2009, 07:49 PM
the future does not belong to those who gather armies on a field of battle or bury missiles in the ground;

I read his speech this evening and this was the best line. I can just see Pootin smiling and nodding. Makes me wanna buy more bullets, but I'm having trouble finding the damn things.:eek:

So THAT'S what he gave him.

Wish he would have just kept it simple...maybe a case of Colt .45 and a carton of Kools.

Chas

Sandy G
07-07-2009, 08:57 PM
"Shoot, a feller could have a purty good time in Vegas w/all that stuff..."

Kamakiri
07-07-2009, 09:45 PM

Get yourself one of Russia's own Mosin Nagant long rifles....7.62 x 54r ammo is dirt cheap.....60 rounds for $19.95 :D

Charles
07-07-2009, 09:46 PM
"Shoot, a feller could have a purty good time in Vegas w/all that stuff..."

I love you too, Sandy.

Chas

Charles
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Get yourself one of Russia's own Mosin Nagant long rifles....7.62 x 54r ammo is dirt cheap.....60 rounds for $19.95 :D

I used to have one of those, oblong muzzle, only ammo I could find was Norma @ $1 a pop, couldn't hit a five gallon bucket at 100yds. But I did manage to kill a deer and a big assed turkey with it.

Reckon I'll just stick with my M77 Ruger .25-06 with a 3x9 chunk of Bausch & Lomb glass. I can hit something with it, a ways off, too.

Chas

Sandy G
07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
I love you too, Sandy.

Chas

Bonus points if you know where I cribbed THAT quote from...(grin) Hint: When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again...

Charles
07-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Bonus points if you know where I cribbed THAT quote from...(grin) Hint: When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again...

Slim Pickins, "Doctor Strangelove".

Now how many of them "bonus points" am I gonna get?

Now if I'd have written the score to that movie, I'd have replaced "Johnny Marching Home" with "I'm a Good Ol' Rebel". But that's just me, and it wouldn't have worked as well.

I can see why I ain't never got a job out in Holleyweird. Slim was a class act, huh?

Chas

Sandy G
07-08-2009, 05:38 AM
One of my all-time FAVORITE movies....From the opening scenes of a Bongo 52 & a KC-135 "Copulating" to "Try a Little Tenderness" to Vera Lynn's "We'll Meet Again", it is simply a CLASSIC.