PDA

View Full Version : GE To Buy 25,000 Chevy Volts

djv8ga
11-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I kinda think they would be better off waiting, but they've made plenty of bad decisions before..http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA3QZ20101112?feedType=RSS

d-ray657
11-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I kinda think they would be better off waiting, but they've made plenty of bad decisions before..http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA3QZ20101112?feedType=RSS

Like selling NBC.:D

As far as the Electric Fleet, if they can't sell their chargers to anyone else, at least they can sell them to themselves.

Regards,

D-Ray

djv8ga
11-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I forget, what is a Volt going to cost?

d-ray657
11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
It looks like the price is going to be a little over 40 Grand (http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/1047582_chevy-volt-price-announced). I can guaran-damn-tee ya that GE won't be paying anything close to that.:cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Grumpy
11-12-2010, 07:03 PM
I know I would not pay 40 grand for any car. OK maybe this one, but no others..

d-ray657
11-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I know I would not pay 40 grand for any car. OK maybe this one, but no others..

Is that yours?

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
11-13-2010, 02:10 AM
It looks like the price is going to be a little over 40 Grand (http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/1047582_chevy-volt-price-announced). I can guaran-damn-tee ya that GE won't be paying anything close to that.:cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

No doubt GE will cut a deal, write them off of their taxes, and wind up not getting stung too bad.

So who takes it up the wazoo?

Us stupid taxpayers, who are subsiding both GM for producing this POS and GE for buying it.

You can buy a far better vehicle for far less money. Paint it green, put a smiley face on both doors, and it's still a POS.

And we'll still be picking up the tab for absolute stupidity.

IMHO,

Chas

finnbow
11-13-2010, 07:51 AM
No doubt GE will cut a deal, write them off of their taxes, and wind up not getting stung too bad.

So who takes it up the wazoo?

Us stupid taxpayers, who are subsiding both GM for producing this POS and GE for buying it.

You can buy a far better vehicle for far less money. Paint it green, put a smiley face on both doors, and it's still a POS.

And we'll still be picking up the tab for absolute stupidity.

IMHO,

Chas

QFT.

We have a winner here. Give this man a Teddy Bear!!! In a few short words, Chas sums up the stupidity of of our tax/fiscal policies. Well done, sir.

djv8ga
11-13-2010, 09:37 AM
They should have bought the requiste Ford Taurus IMO. That's just too much (even with the discount) for a fleet car.

Grumpy
11-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Is that yours?

Regards,

D-Ray

Nope this is my wife's

http://www.chevelleforum.net/picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=370

And this one is mine.

http://www.chevelleforum.net/picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=371

BlueStreak
11-13-2010, 11:09 PM
They should have bought the requiste Ford Taurus IMO. That's just too much (even with the discount) for a fleet car.

I think they should have bought 25,000 Buggati Veyrons and deducted the expense from their taxes. The shortfall in revenues could be recouped by levying an additional 50% alcohol, tobacco and firearms tax.:D

Dave

djv8ga
11-13-2010, 11:22 PM
I think they should have bought 25,000 Buggati Veyrons and deducted the expense from their taxes. The shortfall in revenues could be recouped by levying an additional 50% alcohol, tobacco and firearms tax.:D

Dave
...or we could levy a "Green Energy" tax to pay for better guns, tobacco and beer. :cool:

Charles
11-14-2010, 02:52 AM
QFT.

We have a winner here. Give this man a Teddy Bear!!! In a few short words, Chas sums up the stupidity of of our tax/fiscal policies. Well done, sir.

Tank you, tank you!!!

Even I, now and then, have what alcoholics call a "moment of clarity".

But they are becoming fewer and farther apart, due to the fact that I no longer have the stamina to drink myself sober.

BTW, it's once again Beer Season in Missouri. My old buddies 11 yr old grandson shot his first deer today. And another old friend, the "General" (for real) son shot two, at the tender age of 15.

Among the other celebrations taking place, a half a jug of Buelleit pretty much evaporated in about five minutes.

And I scored a couple of bucks at the gaming table.

Chas

JJIII
11-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Tank you, tank you!!!

Even I, now and then, have what alcoholics call a "moment of clarity".

But they are becoming fewer and farther apart, due to the fact that I no longer have the stamina to drink myself sober.

BTW, it's once again Beer Season in Missouri. My old buddies 11 yr old grandson shot his first deer today. And another old friend, the "General" (for real) son shot two, at the tender age of 15.

Among the other celebrations taking place, a half a jug of Buelleit pretty much evaporated in about five minutes.

And I scored a couple of bucks at the gaming table.

Chas

Sounds like a good day!:)

merrylander
11-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Wish someone would get a few of those white tailed lawn rats around here.

finnbow
11-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Wish someone would get a few of those white tailed lawn rats around here.

I'm doing my part, but around here a neutron bomb might be the only way to effectively deal with the deer overpopulation.

BlueStreak
11-14-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm doing my part, but around here a neutron bomb might be the only way to effectively deal with the deer overpopulation.

I went for a drive down Colonial Parkway near Williamsburg at twilight last Sunday night. I was hoping for a fun drive. Instead I had to creep, there were so many deer hanging out there that every time I came around a bend or over a rise I would see dozens of eyes looking back at me from the edges of the woods. It's all parkland, so there is no hunting. They really do need to shut it down for a week and let the hunters thin them out.

Dave

merrylander
11-14-2010, 11:59 AM

We could catch and geld all the males.:p

What's the difference between Beer Nuts and Deer Nuts?

Beer Nuts are $3.95 a pound.

Deer Nuts are under a buck.

merrylander
11-14-2010, 12:02 PM
When I was still working I used to go up to NIST quite often. You would see a whole three acre field chock full of lawn rats.

Kamakiri
11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Forty grand would get me about 80 cars :D