PDA

View Full Version : An interesting spin on Obama's Asian trip

d-ray657
11-12-2010, 10:44 PM
A columnist that most often irritates me has come out agreeing with Obama about the value of Obama's trip to India (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/11/AR2010111106072.html). I see the neocon rationale all over it, as krauthammer expands the meaning of the trip beyond its purpose. So what am I left to do - disagree with a column complimenting Obama from one of his harshest haters, or be seduced by the warmth of back-handed praise. I agree that solidifying our historic friendship with India is a worthwhile purpose for the trip, and that presidential diplomacy is extremely important, but disagree that we should become entangled in an attempt to make friendly Asian states our proxies for pushing back against China's expansion.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
11-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Saw the article and its headline but reading anything that sour pickle writes is against my religion. But you have it right - spin, that is all he ever does - spin.

piece-itpete
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Sour pickle lol!

International diplomacy is so important. And the Chinese are stationing troops near India.

Pete

westgate
11-15-2010, 03:06 PM
for a long time i've been wondering, how many nukes does china (still) have and where are they aimed (like i didn't already have a pretty good idea.)
i mean, king ronnie may have 'beaten' the ruskies down but the chinese...?