PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon spending and The Onion.

BlueStreak
12-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I love "The Onion"...........

http://www.theonion.com/articles/pentagon-to-withhold-budget-figures-out-of-respect,18567/

Dave

finnbow
12-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Ouch. I'm not even sure that this one is fiction.:(

Charles
12-03-2010, 03:48 PM
The "Doomsday Device" just keeps making more and more sense. I think it would help everyone to appreciate that we're all in the same boat.

Chas

d-ray657
12-03-2010, 04:00 PM
The "Doomsday Device" just keeps making more and more sense. I think it would help everyone to appreciate that we're all in the same boat.

Chas

But only if you keep it top secret.:cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
12-04-2010, 06:56 AM
But only if you keep it top secret.:cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

Do you think Wikileaks would release the documents?

As a side, I've noticed that this Assuage feller is tougher to catch than OBL. And I've also noticed that Bernanke is now releasing documents which show that TARP funds have gone to overseas banks, among other places.

Looks to me like a classic case of damage control. Get some of the bad news out now, and when the SHTF spin it as "yesterdays news".

Chas

merrylander
12-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Not to mention Verizon and GE, but since the banks were not lending I guess they did not have much wiggle room. As for foreign banks just look at how Wall St. panicked over the Irish bailout. I hope these Masters of the Universe wear Depends else they must go through a lot of underwear.

noonereal
12-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Looks to me like a classic case of damage control. Get some of the bad news out now, and when the SHTF spin it as "yesterdays news".

Chas

that's a big 10-4