PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm Ready to Put Cheney on Trial

wajobu
07-12-2009, 08:46 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/us/politics/12intel.html?hp

I love the Republicans' response..."...we're supposed to be looking forward, not backward..."...coming from the group that never learns from history, but likes to conceal the facts.

Charles
07-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Politics as usual.

Chas

merrylander
07-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Is not a Congressional Intelligence committee an oxy-moron?

noonereal
07-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Politics as usual.

Chas

I don't think so.

Charles
07-12-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't think so.

Predictable response as usual.

Chas

noonereal
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Predictable response as usual.

Chas

Yep, I don't parrot Rush.

Seriously though, we need to wait to see exactly what happened but it looks like Cheney did some very un-American things..

Charles
07-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Yep, I don't parrot Rush.

Did Rush say this? I'm surprised that you listen to him, never was a fan myself.

Chas

noonereal
07-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Did Rush say this? I'm surprised that you listen to him, never was a fan myself.

Chas

:eek:

I seem like the kind of guy that listens to Rush!!!!!!!!!!!

merrylander
07-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Who is Rush? Thought they were a rock group.:rolleyes:

painter
07-13-2009, 01:20 PM
:eek:

I seem like the kind of guy that listens to Rush!!!!!!!!!!!

You could be either. Your user name is not gender-specific. ;)

Twodogs
07-13-2009, 01:33 PM
I think it's criminal that our resources are being used to revenge some towel headed b@stards the got water poured down the noses. It doesn't matter to me if the witch hunt is for Pelosi or Chaney, it still stinks. They should have taken those guys out into the swamp and tied them to cypress stumps for about a month.

Charles
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
"Lets not confuse covert operations with missionary work." Henry Kissinger

If these assholes want to play for keeps, I want a bunch of OUR assholes who REALLY know how to play for keeps dealing with them. Politics used to stop at the water's edge, but apparently no more.

Face it, it's an ugly world,

Chas

noonereal
07-13-2009, 04:58 PM
So it's best to dispense with our laws if they affect your party?

Charles
07-13-2009, 05:35 PM
So it's best to dispense with our laws if they affect your party?

I don't think "party" has anything to do with this...did you miss my "waters edge" statement?

Would you use an illegal handgun to prevent a thug from raping your wife? I would.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Chas

noonereal
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't think "party" has anything to do with this...did you miss my "waters edge" statement?

Would you use an illegal handgun to prevent a thug from raping your wife? I would.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Chas

The problem with using an illegal handgun to protect your wife is that it is illegal, not that you protected your wife.
What you are suggesting is that we overlook the fact that you had an illegal handgun. Why should we?

Charles
07-14-2009, 06:29 AM
The problem with using an illegal handgun to protect your wife is that it is illegal, not that you protected your wife.
What you are suggesting is that we overlook the fact that you had an illegal handgun. Why should we?

You're right, it shouldn't be overlooked. But it should be taken into consideration. Perhaps not the best analogy.

I suppose we'll see how this plays out. But it still appears to be politics as usual to me.

Chas

merrylander
07-14-2009, 06:45 AM
I think it's criminal that our resources are being used to revenge some towel headed b@stards . . .

TD it is not a towel but a small folded sheet so the proper terminology is Little Sheet Heads.

Alkways glad to help.:D

Twodogs
07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
TD it is not a towel but a small folded sheet so the proper terminology is Little Sheet Heads.

Alkways glad to help.:D

I stand corrected, sheetheads it is.:D

Charles
07-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm beginning to understand why the Taliban are so intent or murdering all of the infidels and restoring the Caliphate after reading some of the comments here.

Even a Sheethead has feelings, some of you are SO callous...

Chas

merrylander
07-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Sorry Chas, but it was not me who went about flying airliners into tall buildings. Nor do I believe a woman should be stoned to death because she was raped. Or any other of their medieval beliefs.

Charles
07-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Sorry Chas, but it was not me who went about flying airliners into tall buildings. Nor do I believe a woman should be stoned to death because she was raped. Or any other of their medieval beliefs.

Cut me some slack, this was my first attempt at being politically correct. Judging from your response, I'm not very good at it, so I may as well give it up.

I feel better already!!!

I doubt that you hate the bastards any more than I do. I suppose that they will be at war with the rest of the world until the end of time.

Chas

noonereal
07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
I doubt that you hate the bastards any more than I do. I suppose that they will be at war with the rest of the world until the end of time.

Chas

I think we need to be careful about who these "bastards" are. in September 01 I lived across from the the towers, saw the second plane hit and had gathered my family and was in the car heading out of town before the first tower fell and the roads were closed down.
We had armed soldiers for months on the streets but still i was pissed that we did not have any tanks in front of the mosque where the first attack had been planned (for intimidation). To this day I am irrationally upset at the image of people in my hometown celebrating the attack in the streets being shown on national TV. (Good thing I was not there)
That being said we need to be very careful to hate the people responsible and not a race or culture. Is McVeigh representative of all right wing country folk?

merrylander
07-16-2009, 07:11 AM
But when that culture does preach hatred of non-muslims what are we to think? Despite what people claim about the Q'uran (sp?) there is that little thing called Sharia which I can only describe as barbaric at best.

Charles
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I think we need to be careful about who these "bastards" are. in September 01 I lived across from the the towers, saw the second plane hit and had gathered my family and was in the car heading out of town before the first tower fell and the roads were closed down.
We had armed soldiers for months on the streets but still i was pissed that we did not have any tanks in front of the mosque where the first attack had been planned (for intimidation). To this day I am irrationally upset at the image of people in my hometown celebrating the attack in the streets being shown on national TV. (Good thing I was not there)
That being said we need to be very careful to hate the people responsible and not a race or culture. Is McVeigh representative of all right wing country folk?

That must of been a terrible sight, my condolences.

Now don't sell me short. I've read up on this, and realize that all Muslims are not the same. Pretty much forgot everything I've read, but I understand the principles...that's the main thing. I can always reeducate myself if necessary. Besides, my memory isn't what it used to be...too many concussions, too many near heat strokes, too many frosty tops. Least the frosty tops were fun, most of the time.

Whenever I worked at the joint, and I got crossways with a black, I never used the "N" word. Used plenty of other vile terms, but not the "N". Like I told people, "I don't want the SOB to think I hate him because of his race, I want the SOB to know that I hate him because of who he is."

To tell the truth, I got along better with the blacks than I did with the white punks and the Aryan Brotherhood.

Chas

Twodogs
07-17-2009, 06:07 PM

I used to do quite a bit of Quail and Pheasant hunting in McVeighs home town. You would never think of anyone that crazy coming from that little town.

noonereal
07-17-2009, 06:14 PM
"I don't want the SOB to think I hate him because of his race, I want the SOB to know that I hate him because of who he is."

That is a wisdom.

Good job.

painter
07-18-2009, 05:59 PM
I used to do quite a bit of Quail and Pheasant hunting in McVeighs home town. You would never think of anyone that crazy coming from that little town.

Many in his home town STILL believe he acted as part of a group.

Charles
07-18-2009, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=painter;2739]Many in his home town STILL believe he acted as part of a group.[/QUOTE

Thank you Painter, perhaps I'm just a crank, but there is more going on here than meets the eye.

Reckon I'm just pluggin my own thread on Jayna Davis, but honestly, I see more than wants to be discussed.

Is there a fear out there that you might learn something you don't want to know?

Take a chance, you critters, what's you gonna lose,

Chas