PDA

View Full Version : News Flash - Pat Robertson says something intelligent ...

finnbow
12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
... concerning legalization of the evil weed.:cool:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2010/12/pat_robertson_latest_supporter.html

noonereal
12-23-2010, 10:50 AM
"Christian talk show program hosted by staunch conservative"

How can one be a Christian and a staunch conservative?

By definition are these not mutually exclusive.

Charles
12-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Wild tomato plants used to be legal.

Chas

piece-itpete
12-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Hello noone!

;)

Finn, next you'll be saying Buchanan has some valid points :D

Pete

d-ray657
12-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Hello noone!

;)

Finn, next you'll be saying Buchanan has some valid points :D

Pete

He was pretty close in his evaluation of the neo-cons. He thought that the US could not afford the level of troop presence we have all over the world, and we certainly can't afford to export democracy at the point of a gun.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
12-23-2010, 12:21 PM
You live in Florida D? You accidently voted for him didn't'cha ;)

(I know you don't live in FL, and I doubt you're a senior!)

I wonder if he knows about the universe in his thumbnail lol.

Pete

merrylander
12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
"Christian talk show program hosted by staunch conservative"

How can one be a Christian and a staunch conservative?

By definition are these not mutually exclusive.

Not if you use the OED definition of 'conservative'.:p

whell
12-23-2010, 03:52 PM
... concerning legalization of the evil weed.:cool:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2010/12/pat_robertson_latest_supporter.html

Sounds like Pat is promoting another kind of "religious experience." :)

d-ray657
12-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Sounds like Pat is promoting another kind of "religious experience." :)

I had an acquaintance describe the extraordinary capacities of an imported weed. He said that good Columbian would have you talking to God, but when enjoying this particular import, God talks back.

Regards,

D-Ray

Grumpy
12-23-2010, 05:33 PM
I'll take some of what he's smoking please.

BlueStreak
12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Huh?.....What were we talkin' about? Hey, Grump, got some fire? I need a bag of chips real bad..................:)

Dave

Charles
12-23-2010, 06:59 PM
To be honest, I've smoked a ton of the stuff and have come to the conclusion that it's not as benign as many would like to think.

That said, it's hardly a penitentiary offense. And law enforcement has bigger fish to fry than another victimless crime.

Chas

BlueStreak
12-24-2010, 12:46 AM
To be honest, I've smoked a ton of the stuff and have come to the conclusion that it's not as benign as many would like to think.

That said, it's hardly a penitentiary offense. And law enforcement has bigger fish to fry than another victimless crime.

Chas

It took me almost thiry years to convince my brother of that, Chas. He quit smokin' it back in '04. Went back to college, graduated with a four year business degree and now he's partnering up with a buddy to start their own auto restoration business. Before he quit, he had ZERO ambition. Now, the boy is on fire. He's 54 years old. All of those wasted years.............

Amazing, isn't it?

That said, I support legalization 100%. Figurin' it will turn out just like alcohol if we legalize it. Which is a damn sight better that it was when THAT was illegal.

Dave

BlueStreak
12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
“Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.”
Matthew 20:14 (KJV)

When I try to reconcile conservative ideology with the teachings of Christ, I can only wonder how the man who gave out the loaves and fishes to the multitude by the Sea of Galilee would not be branded a “liberal” today.

Yep. That's a tough reconcilliation, isn't it my eloquent friend?

Dave

merrylander
12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Only if you accept that the American definition of "conservative" is the correct definition, and I will dispute that.

Charles
12-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Only if you accept that the American definition of "conservative" is the correct definition, and I will dispute that.

Anyone who can be completely defined by either the conservative or liberal label must be a very narrow fellow indeed.

I really dislike the use of labels when used to describe people, although I have one for the DJ who just determined to play "Alvin and the Chipmunks" for my listening entertainment.

Now they're playing something that sounds like Jerry Lee Lewis singing about Rudolph crusing down the highway. I stand corrected, it was Chuck Berry.

The college boys must already be drunk.

Chas

merrylander
12-24-2010, 10:52 AM
The best definition is probably "someone who believes that you should not throw out the baby with the bath water.":p

CarlV
12-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Finn, next you'll be saying Buchanan has some valid points

He really does when it comes to foreign policy, but he is a loser in the financial department with that totally failed trickle down theory of economics. ;)
I have nothing remotely nice to say about Pat Robertson.

Charles
12-24-2010, 12:54 PM
He really does when it comes to foreign policy, but he is a loser in the financial department with that totally failed trickle down theory of economics. ;)
I have nothing remotely nice to say about Pat Robertson.

He's better than that sumbitch from Kansas???

Chas

CarlV
12-24-2010, 04:09 PM
He's better than that sumbitch from Kansas???

Chas

Dollar for dollar, probably not. It is just plain wrong for a preacher to take money like that and use it for a political agenda "in the name of" though. :(
Thank goodness for the separation of church and state we still have at this point though some really seem to want to change that these days. :(
It would suck to have to live in a beautiful country, full of nice people and a "religious government" from hell like the people of Iran have to do.

It is nice that nobody around here cares if you smoke weed away from work and driving.

BlueStreak
12-24-2010, 06:17 PM
“Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas.”
John 18:40 (KJV)

When Christ drove the moneychangers from the temple, that sealed his fate. The Pharisees could put up with a radical teacher who preached selling all one has and giving to the poor; but now he was interfering with business. They had to get rid of him. It would be no different now, for nothing has changed. If Christ were alive today, he would be assassinated by Pat Robertson.

And Glenn Beck...............

hillbilly
12-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Dunno why we can't have weed legaly. Honestly, I always thought the only Natural thing the good lord meant for us to stay away from was said to be a fruit tree. Weed isn't man made, nore is it an apple or any other fruit, nore does it have to be smoked. It works great baked in brownies, and unlike booze .. you can at least walk normal when buzzing on bud. It's been a really Long Time, but the best I remember it made me quite hungry though :)

merrylander
12-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Apparently the best way to use it for medicinal purposes - aleviating pain - is to make a tea from it.

Charles
12-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Apparently the best way to use it for medicinal purposes - aleviating pain - is to make a tea from it.

Funny, I never thought of wacky tobaccy as a pain reliever.

Now the poppy, on the other hand,...

Chas

BlueStreak
12-25-2010, 07:51 AM

Tastes nasty that way...............Well, that's what I've heard. Not that I would know from personal experience or anything.:rolleyes:

Dave

Charles
12-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Tastes nasty that way...............Well, that's what I've heard. Not that I would know from personal experience or anything.:rolleyes:

Dave

Pink lemonade mix always seemed to make fungus tea tolerable. Barely.

Chas