PDA

View Full Version : 40th anniversary of Mary Jo Kopechne death

noonereal
07-16-2009, 07:16 AM
This is a good opportunity to reflect on the life and career of Ted Kennedy.
Although I know everyone on this site would prefer to have a lynching I think Ted represents a tales of two cities.
A rich kid with a great out of jail free card who was the most socially responsible Senator of our lifetime, now an American Icon.

Sandy G
07-16-2009, 08:49 AM
No matter how much "good" he's done in the rest of his life, Teddy will ALWAYS have the "Chappaquiddick" millstone around his neck...BTW, I am currently in Barnstable, Mass, w/my wife, visiting her folks...Her brother, Kevin, & I went to Hyannis & picked up a pizza last nite...He then drove me around & I think we got close to the Kennedy compound...You can't get THAT close to it, but it was still neat seeing it all....Hyannis is a pretty "Bucks-up" kind of place, if they rented out houses here, I MIGHT be able to afford one long enuff to go take me a leak in it...At the same time, I DO feel a little sad for people like the Kennedys...All that money, power, privelege, & they can't do what Kevin & I did..Pop into town & grab a pizza...Or go rubberneckin' at the tourists & other sites...Ride around town w/the windows down, listenin' to the radio...Or just walk over & shoot the shit w/yr next-door neighbor...Sure, it's a gilded cage they live in, but its STILL a cage, any way you cut it...

merrylander
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Add to all that a brain tumor and life can get to be the pits.