PDA

View Full Version : december 21, 2012..... the end of the world?

stereorob2.0
01-26-2011, 08:34 PM
so what do you guys think, new world order deathcapms? anti-christs? police state? or will it be a a-bomb from north korea or something? will we get slammed by a comit? or do you think its just another "Y2K" type panic?

all i know i shure hope the world DOSE NOT end in 2012. cause that would suck.

finnbow
01-26-2011, 08:41 PM
so what do you guys think, new world order deathcapms? anti-christs? police state? or will it be a a-bomb from north korea or something? will we get slammed by a comit? or do you think its just another "Y2K" type panic?

I think we'll be fine. I've never trusted Mayans or their myths.

whell
01-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Since the movie sucked, I hope the actual day is more exciting.

noonereal
01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
it's about as relevant as what Nostradamus wrote although it is very specific

in contrast

hillbilly
01-27-2011, 01:09 AM

I may get bit'n the ass for this but being you live in the south it'd be my guess you've surely heard the same story that I grew up hearing.

Short version, lemmie try to explain it to ya. OK, from what every southerner I know understands is '' that the rapture comes First ( And He Shall Come Like A Thief In The Night ) .. then there'll be SEVEN years of tribulation for those left behind .. Before the world is destroyed by fire ''.

OK, IMO, that tells me that in ANY point in time that the rapture has not yet happened there'll be seven years left. And being he'll come like a thief in the night tells me that we cannot predict when the rapture will take place.

The world will not end next year, .. unless the teaching down here has been taught wrong .. and I sure don't wanna question any of my southern friends about thayut. I could get Re-Babtised and held under for to long. ;)

stereorob2.0
01-27-2011, 01:53 AM
well hillbilly, good point, i too have heard that story, and i am a old school down south florida cracker good ol boy, but im not a baptist, if that story is true, the anti-christ has to reighn for 7 years, and i dont agree with obama but i really dont think he is the son of satan lol, so the anti-christ and the mark of the beast has to happen. and lets hope to god the rapture hasnt happend yet. but whos to say it hasnt? i beleive anything is possible.

stereorob2.0
01-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Since the movie sucked, I hope the actual day is more exciting.

couldnt agree more! the movie was PAINFULLY sucky, but you gotta admit, the special effects were cool :)

hillbilly
01-27-2011, 02:03 AM
well hillbilly, good point, i too have heard that story, and i am a old school down south florida cracker good ol boy, but im not a baptist, if that story is true, the anti-christ has to reighn for 7 years, and i dont agree with obama but i really dont think he is the son of satan lol, so the anti-christ and the mark of the beast has to happen. and lets hope to god the rapture hasnt happend yet. but whos to say it hasnt? i beleive anything is possible.

It hasn't happened yet. There is still alot of good people left in this world and they are counted for. After the rapture, they won't be here. I hope I'm not one of the many that out of nowhere look over their shoulder or wake up one morning to find them missing. :)

Charles
01-27-2011, 06:05 AM
OMG, we're all gonna die!!!

Chas

noonereal
01-27-2011, 06:11 AM
OMG, we're all gonna die!!!

Chas

not for nothing Chas I already suspected that, even before this thread

piece-itpete
01-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Sure it's gonna end then. Heck I'm gonna max out the cards and spend my 401k :)

Hillbilly, for sure! And since Jesus said no one knows the day or hour, anyone who says they do is a fake :)

Pete

Brother_Karl
01-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I thought Y2K ended the world in 2000?

BlueStreak
01-27-2011, 11:37 AM

And, 1984 was also supposed to be the "End of the World", which was the dumbest prediction of them all. Orwells book had nothing to do with end times per se. It was a comment on political propaganda, mind control and totalitarianism. However, here in the Bible belt, we had charlatan preachers fear-mongering donations from the faithful, ostensibly because the "End" was nigh.

And the gullible mailed it in by the millions.

Dave

noonereal
01-27-2011, 11:37 AM

No that only ended machine life. :eek:

Zeke
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
As a base generality, there are a couple of arguments that can be thrown out -- beyond the obvious ones previously mentioned -- for 2012 to NOT be the "end of the world."

First, one possible reason that the Mayan calendar terminates is because there were no more Mayans to update it. (i.e., "Hey, Bob? Why does your calendar stop at 1978? Printer went out of business? Okay...")

Second, I'm not sure sure linear "calendar" is quite the correct term for usage related to the Mayan items/documents used to predict 2012. Most American aboriginal date-keeping items are more circular than literal. (i.e., "Bob, why does your Roman calendar end on December 31st? You say that's the end of this document/year/age? But I shouldn't be worried because it only marks the passage of time, controls nothing, and immediately resets? Okay...)

And, oddly, I just watched 2012 last night. Insipid film...

Eliterg
12-26-2011, 12:45 PM
couldnt agree more! the movie was PAINFULLY sucky, but you gotta admit, the special effects were cool :)

I actually do agree with that.

BlueStreak
12-26-2011, 02:20 PM
The end of civilization will come when some far right lunatic gains control of the U.S. nuclear arsenal and realizes the rest of the world is less conservative than America.....and sets out to change that. After all, once you've bombed the shyte out of them, they become your friends......Don't they?

The end of the planet will come when the sun goes into it's "Red Giant" phase, swells up, burns it to a cinder then swallows it.

On second thought, the two things ARE very similar...........

Dave

Big_Bill
01-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Well Fellows,

If you don't believe that something horrible is coming, our government sure does !

They have been building BIG HOLES in the ground to save their asses !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWWIDT910I

And by the way, I'm having a really big End of the World Party December 21, 2012 !

hillbilly
01-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Well Fellows,

If you don't believe that something horrible is coming, our government sue does !

They have been building BIG HOLES in the ground to save their asses !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWWIDT910I

And by the way, I'm having a really big End of the World Party December 21, 2012 !

Wanna take turns diggin'? I got a 45 degree hillside here, my house sits halfway up it. I've been thinking of digging out a storm shelter, damn these twisters. So far the hillside has blocked the wind from behind, and the hillside across the branch in front of us has blocked the wind from the front ( it passes over us either way ), but what if a twister drops down and decides to follow the the holler.. like in 1974? If I built one, it may as well be bigger nuff to hang out in for a while.

Twodogs
01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
The end of civilization will come when some far right lunatic gains control of the U.S. nuclear arsenal and realizes the rest of the world is less conservative than America.....and sets out to change that. After all, once you've bombed the shyte out of them, they become your friends......Don't they?

The end of the planet will come when the sun goes into it's "Red Giant" phase, swells up, burns it to a cinder then swallows it.

On second thought, the two things ARE very similar...........

Dave

I hope I live to see that! I always thought it might be an asteroid, that the earth would survive, but man would not.

Rex E.
01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Isn't the rapture only for around 130k people or so......

Twodogs
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Yes, and you must be wearing the newest model Air Jordans to get in. That's why they have riots when the new models hit the stores. You didn't know that?;)

Wasillaguy
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Obviously the Mayans were wrong. Their world ended around 900 AD

piece-itpete
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
bam!!

merrylander
01-04-2012, 03:23 PM

"And I heard the number of them which were sealed, and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel" Revelations 7:4:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
01-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I hope I live to see that! I always thought it might be an asteroid, that the earth would survive, but man would not.

Wellllll, an asteroid might happen. The other will happen....eventually......in a few billion years.

Dave

Twodogs
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Wellllll, an asteroid might happen. The other will happen....eventually......in a few billion years.

Dave

Have you seen the stuff we are working on to combat a rogue asteroid? My favorite is the space tractor. They shoot it up into space, it attaches itself to the gravitational pull of the rock, then tows it off course. I guess it would only need to move it a tiny amount if the warning time was good.

Rex E.
01-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Have you seen the stuff we are working on to combat a rogue asteroid? My favorite is the space tractor. They shoot it up into space, it attaches itself to the gravitational pull of the rock, then tows it of course. I guess it would only need to move it a tiny amount if the warning time was good.

Is that John Deere, Harvester, Farmall.......? :D

Rex E.
01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
"And I heard th number of them which werte sealed, and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel" Revelations 7:4:rolleyes:

So.....144K is all that get to go according to the bible.

We have around an estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world and converting more all the time. I can see where seven years of war and then total destruction comes in when those 2.1 billion or so people unleash their rage when they realize "they ain't the one" :rolleyes:

Big_Bill
01-04-2012, 07:45 PM
You can take your pick,

But our Government is digging as fast as it can to save their sorry butts.

But I would love to watch this group of misfits try to exist ounce they crawl out of their holes. Anything can be survived, if you have the knowledge of what to expect, and have the time and money to prepare. But ounce your out, and the majority of your people are politicians, bankers and C.E.O.'s of industry, it would be fun to watch them literally eat one another :) Or just be killed by those they brought along to feed, care for them and protect them ;)

Bill

BlueStreak
01-04-2012, 09:44 PM
You can take your pick,

But I would love to watch this group of misfits try to exist ounce they crawl out of their holes. Anything can be survived, if you have the knowledge of what to expect, and have the time and money to prepare. But ounce your out, and the majority of your people are politicians, bankers and C.E.O.'s of industry, it would be fun to watch them literally eat one another :) Or just be killed by those they brought along to feed, care for them and protect them ;)

Bill

So, what do you think will get us first? Asteroid, red giant, or our own ambitious stupidity?

I vote for stupidity to finish off the people. Asteroid to destroy the planet, as the odds of one hitting us before the sun swells are pretty good. I doubt we will destroy the planet as it would most likely be better off without us.

One thing I'm pretty sure of, is that there is no CEO of CEOs floating around in the ether who will just decide it's part of his master plan to close the plant.

That theory seems a little silly to me.

Dave

BlueStreak
01-04-2012, 09:49 PM
You can take your pick,

Bill

And, it wouldn't go that way anyhow. As soon as any surviving Republicans discover there is a CEO in their midst they will get right to sucking up to the "job creator", and this whole mess will start all over again.:p

Dave

Rex E.
01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
And, it wouldn't go that way anyhow. As soon as any surviving Republicans discover there is a CEO in their midst they will get right to sucking up to the "job creator", and this whole mess will start all over again.:p

Dave

Or not.

Maybe a good lefty will be there and they can all try to live off of nothing as nothing will get done as they have meetings to talk about the agenda they should set up for the next meeting to figure out how to get someone else's goods while not producing any themselves but making sure that no one can produce as it may destroy the hole.b:D

(This is fun Dave!)

Rex E.
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Dave

BTW, how many lefties do you think are CEO's and part of upper management in corporations?

"Corporate Culture" is lefty, suck ass talk...right?

BlueStreak
01-05-2012, 03:16 AM
BTW, how many lefties do you think are CEO's and part of upper management in corporations?

"Corporate Culture" is lefty, suck ass talk...right?

What? I dunno.

Maybe we'll have to get that one out on the table and in a nutshell so we can put it to bed?:p

If you're suggesting that corporate executives are really little more than uppercrust welfare recipients who expect the whole world to bend over backwards to accomodate them, then yes I'd say we're on the same page.

But, I don't necessarily see that as a strictly leftist trait. From my point of view many rightwingers like to TALK about how hardworking and diligent they are. But, on the job, it doesn't take long at all to figure out just how full of shit they are.............:rolleyes:

Dave

merrylander
01-05-2012, 07:27 AM
So.....144K is all that get to go according to the bible.

We have around an estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world and converting more all the time. I can see where seven years of war and then total destruction comes in when those 2.1 billion or so people unleash their rage when they realize "they ain't the one" :rolleyes:

Sounds like gross discrimination to me.:D

merrylander
01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
"This is the way the world ends: Not with a bang but a whimper. ..."

T.S. Elliot - The Hollow Man.

piece-itpete
01-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Digging holes, what morons.

7:4 is one things, 7:9 another:

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; ..."

So there is one of those things we were talking about :)

Btw, it also says that in the end times the rich will try to hide their wealth - in caves :p

Pete

BlueStreak
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
"And lo, I beheld a tall, muscular, yet feminine figure, swathed in garments of latex and leather. And all the multitude of gimps from all nations and all tongues did prostrate themselves before the great mistress, begging her tender mercies. But upon their quivering buttocks did she smite them thrice. Amen."

See, I can write fanciful things too. I might even be able to find some stooges to join my religion as well.

After all, this vision did come to me in a dream.:p

Dave

piece-itpete
01-06-2012, 08:53 AM
LOL! Barkeep! Give me what he's having :D

Pete

stereorob2.0
02-06-2012, 02:59 AM
So, what do you think will get us first? Asteroid, red giant, or our own ambitious stupidity?

Dave

i think we will blow ourselfs up sooner or later, long before some rock from space slamms into us.:D