PDA

View Full Version : Gunboat diplomacy?

Combwork
02-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Should be go to back to the good old days and send a gunboat up the Shatt al-Arab; teach Johnny foreigner a lesson? Not sure where it goes to but Shatt al-Arab has a nice ring to it.

merrylander
02-25-2011, 08:12 AM
We know where the Somali pirates hibernate, just ashore from where they anchor all the hijacke ships. A few conventional cruise missiles of parh a battleship off shore, nothing a few 16" shells could not improve.

We really need to get their sponsors, the ones who provide the guns and boats and rake of the lion's share of their ill gotten gains.

Combwork
02-25-2011, 09:21 AM
We know where the Somali pirates hibernate, just ashore from where they anchor all the hijacke ships. A few conventional cruise missiles of parh a battleship off shore, nothing a few 16" shells could not improve.

We really need to get their sponsors, the ones who provide the guns and boats and rake of the lion's share of their ill gotten gains.

I think if we took the situation seriously, we'd go for both the sponsors and the pirates. Can you imagine what the pirates thought watching a Royal Navy ship watching them take the Chandlers off their yacht without lifting a finger? Apparently they did not have "the authority" to intervene.

"Excuse me Mr. Hussein. If we asked you nicely would you pull your troops out of Kuwait? No? That's perfectly understandable, sorry to have bothered you"

merrylander
02-25-2011, 09:38 AM
I hope that somehow the 13 pirates they did capture will mysteriously dissapear overboard before the ship docks.

noonereal
02-25-2011, 10:08 AM
I hope that somehow the 13 pirates they did capture will mysteriously dissapear overboard before the ship docks.

piece by piece

merrylander
02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
piece by piece

I would leave that up to the sharks, toss in a little chum and watch the show.

piece-itpete
02-25-2011, 10:25 AM
There's a tour available, a cruise ship is armed, they troll off the coast there and you get to shoot pirates. Or at least there was a couple of years ago.

Pete