PDA

View Full Version : Who does Newt not want for President?

d-ray657
03-30-2011, 12:08 AM
According to the Onion (http://www.theonion.com/articles/even-newt-gingrich-a-little-depressed-by-prospect,19837/?utm_source=recentnews), himself. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal
03-30-2011, 08:11 AM
of course

i keep hearing this guy is brilliant and he keeps acting the fool.

i guess his brilliance has led him to understand that joe the plumber is an idiot that responds to fools

finnbow
03-30-2011, 08:21 AM
"(H)e cringed when imagining the "unbelievably phony" patriotic rhetoric that he would likely be uttering constantly. "All those empty promises and misinformed statements used to mask a selfish agenda or stir up people's fears. I already want me to just shut the f*ck up."

Bingo, Newtie.

BlueStreak
03-30-2011, 10:52 AM
"(H)e cringed when imagining the "unbelievably phony" patriotic rhetoric that he would likely be uttering constantly. "All those empty promises and misinformed statements used to mask a selfish agenda or stir up people's fears. I already want me to just shut the f*ck up."

Bingo, Newtie.

That says it all! I love the Onion.

Dave

d-ray657
03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
"Newt Knew too much to be stopped by so small a problem."

Bonus question kids. Source that quote.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Jethro Tull from A Passion Play (A Tull I don't have). Google is my friend.

d-ray657
03-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Jethro Tull from A Passion Play (A Tull I don't have). Google is my friend.

Google also makes on-line trivia questions meaningless.:rolleyes: Google has also prevented me several times from interrupting a thread to ask "What is _____." It also helped me find a particularly ugly picture of newt.

Regards,

D-Ray

Dondilion
03-30-2011, 06:43 PM
"Divorcing my wife while she is recovering from cancer" probably just seems real.

d-ray657
03-30-2011, 07:32 PM
"Divorcing my wife while she is recovering from cancer" probably just seems real.

From Wikipedia:

Marriages

Gingrich has been married three times. In 1962, he married Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher, when he was 19 years old and she was 26.[92][93] In the spring of 1980, Gingrich left Battley after having an affair with Marianne Ginther.[94][95] According to Battley, Gingrich visited her while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery to discuss the details of their divorce. However, Gingrich disputes the account.[76] Six months after the divorce was final, Gingrich wed Marianne Ginther in 1981.[96][97][98][99]

Gingrich has two daughters from his first marriage. Kathy Gingrich Lubbers is president of Gingrich Communications,[100] and Jackie Gingrich Cushman is an author, whose books include 5 Principles for a Successful Life, co-authored with Newt Gingrich.[101]

In the mid-1990s, Gingrich began an affair with House of Representatives staffer Callista Bisek, who is 23 years his junior. They continued their affair during the Lewinsky scandal, when Gingrich was a leader of the Republican investigation of President Clinton for perjury in connection with his alleged affairs with Paula Jones and Monica Lewinsky.[102] In 2000, Gingrich married Bisek shortly after his divorce from second wife Ginther. He and Callista currently live in McLean, Virginia.[103]

In a 2011 interview with David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network Gingrich addressed his past infidelities by saying, "There's no question at times in my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."[98][99]

Good thing the book was not titled "5 things for a successful marriage." Yep, Newt felt his love for his country deep into his loins. (Where is that puke smiley when you need it.)

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
03-31-2011, 10:45 AM
... It also helped me find a particularly ugly picture of newt.

LOL! Google FTW! :)

Pete