PDA

View Full Version : Hey D

Twodogs
03-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Contract time for us pipefitters again. Guess what our "leaders" proposed to the MCA. Give up? It's a three year deal and they want 3.50 a year, plus a bunch of stuff like OT on bennies etc.... This is in a downturn economy where we have already lost all of our residential, and about 60% of our commercial, to non-union shops. There are three here in town that are doing industrial now too; Temp-Con, Trane, and United. Think we'll get it?:D They have the negotiations posted on the MCA website.

d-ray657
03-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Sounds like your folks have some organizing to do. You need to run for office so you can set the negotiating strategy (and hire new lawyers:D)

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
03-30-2011, 11:25 PM
No. I think they'll run you out of business. Then you'll get to go work for one of those wonderful non-union shops. Or maybe not. Are they using Mexican labor?

At any rate; Welcome to my world.:rolleyes:

Dave

merrylander
03-31-2011, 07:37 AM
No. I think they'll run you out of business. Then you'll get to go work for one of those wonderful non-union shops. Or maybe not. Are they using Mexican labor?

At any rate; Welcome to my world.:rolleyes:

Dave

Interesting that you mention that, WaPo had an article suggesting that if we shipped all the illegals back home it would cause a recession because there would be no one to do all those jobs that Amercans won't do. Gee, would that not be terrible, then they would have to pay living wages.:rolleyes:

noonereal
03-31-2011, 08:49 AM
sounds like the GOP should be proud

d-ray657
03-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Forgot to mention that, with the Kansas City metro area straddling the state line, around half of the businesses in the construction trade are in right to scab states.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
04-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Whoa! Wait a minute. I forgot. I know why you don't care, TD! It's because you and your old lady are getting rich suckin' the government teet! So, what's it like living high off of our tax dollars, man? Take any favors from corporate scumbags yet?:)

Dave