PDA

View Full Version : fake news reports/ads

stereocuuple
07-30-2009, 10:18 AM
im sure we have all seen the ads designed to mimick news spots. this must stop! maby an email campaign will make these preadatory corp. stop this assualt against the elderly and less fortunate americans. I for one am ouitraged at the idea of fear and confusion being used to solicit pepole to sign up for this crap.

below is an email ad. for the top dot mortage co. and the ph # for client relations dept. lets let them have it

clientrelations@topdot.com

ph # 516 870 1000

please post any other co. you can think of doing this to americans so we can try to stop this.

merrylander
07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
What? Destroy the whole free enterprise system? You mean the recording by Jane of Verizon who calls me on a daily basis to tell me that FiOS is available in my area will stop cooing in my ear. For shame.

Charles
07-31-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm to the point that I can't tell the difference between bullshit, the news, and Entertainment Tonight.

One word: "Fake but accurate".

Chas

merrylander
08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
It is simple Chas, just assume that 98% of what you see in print is BS and 100% of what you see on the Internet is unadulterated BS an you won't be to far off. There is so much hatred out there that partisan groups would lie to there own mothers to make a point.

Reading the morning paper used to be a two cups of coffee event, now I don't get but halfway through the first one.

Sometimes it is just a "Stop the world, I want to get off." kind of day.