PDA

View Full Version : Hijacked threads

Charles
08-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Bein' the kind of feller that figgers that rules was made to be broken, I kinda hate to bring this up.

But about all of these threads have been hijacked to the point that I have a hard time keeping on top of them.

Perhaps it would be better to just start a new post at times.

Chas

merrylander
08-03-2009, 07:16 AM
OK you first.:D I could go and look for something controversial on the Internet but you already know my opinion of what I am likely to find there, beside the garden does not need more fertilizer.

Charles
08-03-2009, 07:27 AM
OK you first.:D I could go and look for something controversial on the Internet but you already know my opinion of what I am likely to find there, beside the garden does not need more fertilizer.

Hell, do it. Most of the time I'm just trying to add some fresh meat to keep things alive. Gets kinda slow around here.

Chas

merrylander
08-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Chas on any other day I might, but I just got back from my first physical in four years (my how time flies) and according to the doctor I am still bad for business - his business. Not too bad for a near 79 year old fart like me. I really don't feel terribly controversial at the moment.

Charles
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Chas on any other day I might, but I just got back from my first physical in four years (my how time flies) and according to the doctor I am still bad for business - his business. Not too bad for a near 79 year old fart like me. I really don't feel terribly controversial at the moment.

That's good news! Besides, I admire anyone who doesn't go to the doc but every four years. Probably why you've lived to be 79.

It's good that you have your health, but you're very fortunate the your mind is still sharp. Alzheimer's runs in my family, almost everyone on my father's side gets it if the live long enough. I could never appreciate just how terrible Alzheimer's was until I experienced it first hand.

The way my memory has become, I think I'm a prime candidate.

Enjoy your day, you old geezer.

Chas

merrylander
08-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks, My older brother (heck I'm the youngest, they are all older) has Parkinson's and Alzheimers but I can't say it runs in the family. The odd part is that he and my sister both have all sorts of ailments (83 and 85) but somehow I escaped. Strong hearts on my Dad's side, living into their nineties on Mum's side.

Part of the reason that I do the stereo restoration work is to keep the brain cells active, at least all the ones I have not pickled in gin.;)

Twodogs
08-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Good news Rob, I hope I'm still as honory as you when I hit 79.:D

Hey, I think this thread has been jacked.:p

Sandy G
08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Prolly the gin that keeps all the bad stuff scared away...Give Miss Florence a big hug for me, willya ? She NEEDS plenty of hugs just for puttin' up w/you...(grin)

Charles
08-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Gin!!! No wonder you're so healthy.

Back in my early 30's i developed what must have been an ulcer. I was drinkin' the pink stuff by the pint, goin' through a half a box of baking soda every day. My gut was killin' me.

Finally decided if I was gonna die, I was gonna die drunk. Polished off the better part of a fifth of gin, couple bottles of tonic, and a lime or two. Woke up the next day, stomach didn't hurt, and hasn't bothered me for the last 35 yrs. Ain't never caught malaria either.

And that's the truth...I don't go to them sawbones either.

Chas

Charles
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Good news Rob, I hope I'm still as honory as you when I hit 79.:D

Hey, I think this thread has been jacked.:p

How do you hijack a thread about hijacking?

Chas