PDA

View Full Version : Legalize Pot and Tax it.

Twodogs
08-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Is California going to do this? I'm sure there are a million reasons why it hasn't been done nation wide (most due to corruption), but it certainly makes sense to me. What say you fine folks?

Charles
08-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Land of the free, home of the brave. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

"Wild tomato plants" are kind of a no brainer. Just decriminalize it, within a couple of years people would have so much of it they'd be hauling it to the dump.

As far as heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc, etc...legalize it and control it like booze. Kind of a lousy solution, but it will kill off the gangsters. And parents can quit telling little Nimrod not to do it because it's against the law. They can show little Nimrod a junkie lying on the street corner with a needle hanging out of his arm and say "Do you want to be like THAT?"

Perhaps not the best solution, but no easy answers here.

Chas

merrylander
08-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I think I am on record in another thread as stating that the 'war on drugs' is about the dumbest idea around. Legalize it, tax it, it would all get so damn cheap for the government to buy that the drug lords would go broke as well as Al Queda and the Taliban. Then the only they would get weapons is when we fire them at them.

It would have the added bonus of natural selection.

Charles
08-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I think I am on record in another thread as stating that the 'war on drugs' is about the dumbest idea around. Legalize it, tax it, it would all get so damn cheap for the government to buy that the drug lords would go broke as well as Al Queda and the Taliban. Then the only they would get weapons is when we fire them at them.

It would have the added bonus of natural selection.

Actually, I believe "projectiles" is what they would be getting. The "weapons", which we will retain, are simply a delivery mechanism.

If they can't afford them, they'll have to make their own. And good luck.

And while "natural selection" could be considered unfair in some circles, it is the "natural" order of things.

I believe that we may be on the same page.

Chas

Sandy G
08-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Amen....The times I've done pot (Admittedly, its prolly been nigh on to 30 years...) I don't remember it being any worse or even as bad as being blitzed on beer or booze...I never liked it very much 'cause I couldn't stand the "New York Taxicab Floor" aftertaste you had for almost a day, or the way it made me cough my fool head off...It DID make me want to eat about everything I saw, though. But yeah, decriminalise it, make it legal, & tax the livin' SH!T outta it...The thing I liked about pot was the way it took the "wire edge" offa everything-You could just sit back & enjoy life, instead of gettin' "all balled up" inside...

noonereal
08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Most all victim-less crimes should be done away with.
Drugs, gambling, prostitution all of it.
Legalization is a no brainer if you just dump the christen good/bad mindset.

Charles
08-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Most all victim-less crimes should be done away with.
Drugs, gambling, prostitution all of it.
Legalization is a no brainer if you just dump the christen good/bad mindset.

I've noticed that gambling is good now...ever since the gubbmitt started running their own version of the "numbers racket". I'd rather deal with the Mob.

Being a good Methodist, I've even queried God as to what he thought about things.

He ain't got back to me...reckon his office is located inside of the Beltway?

Chas

stereocuuple
08-08-2009, 05:53 PM
right now it cost me $80.00 for 1oz of avg. pot an amt. i can afford. im for legal pot i just dont think it will stop crime or save the econ. last nite in kcmo an individual fired into a crowd of folks in their front yard crippling a young girl for life. greed and fucking stupidity cause violent crime not drugs and the worst of this is in the minorty comunities where there is little or no effort to educate the kids. legal pot will simply save the prison system the space and $$$ to put away the real criminals for life and that should be enough. ive had it up to my ass with taxes of any kind

eric

Twodogs
08-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Amen....The times I've done pot (Admittedly, its prolly been nigh on to 30 years...) I don't remember it being any worse or even as bad as being blitzed on beer or booze...I never liked it very much 'cause I couldn't stand the "New York Taxicab Floor" aftertaste you had for almost a day, or the way it made me cough my fool head off...It DID make me want to eat about everything I saw, though. But yeah, decriminalise it, make it legal, & tax the livin' SH!T outta it...The thing I liked about pot was the way it took the "wire edge" offa everything-You could just sit back & enjoy life, instead of gettin' "all balled up" inside...

I like it because I can't drink, and it gives me a way to unwind after a tough week. It makes the music sound better to me, and that's the big pull. If it wasn't for music, I wouldn't even mess with it.

noonereal
08-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I've noticed that gambling is good now...ever since the gubbmitt started running their own version of the "numbers racket". I'd rather deal with the Mob.

Being a good Methodist, I've even queried God as to what he thought about things.

Chas

another excellent post ;)

Sandy G
08-08-2009, 08:07 PM

Chas[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure I got kicked outta His office a few times Back in the Day...

Charles
08-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I like it because I can't drink, and it gives me a way to unwind after a tough week. It makes the music sound better to me, and that's the big pull. If it wasn't for music, I wouldn't even mess with it.

Remember back in the "good 'ol days" I smoked some Panama Red.

I have never experienced music flowing out of a set of speakers like that before or since. And the people who were there with me agree.

That was some top notch whacky tobaccy.

BTW, a Sansui model 6 or 7 receiver, Altec Santana's stacked with Pioneer CSR-700's, and a device called an "energizer"...apparently a dynamic processor of some sort. Want to say made by Phase Linear, but it's been a long time.

'sides, pot's spossed to mess with your memory.

Chas

merrylander
08-09-2009, 07:52 AM
A British cousin sent me the following she obviously is not a fan of the current Prime Minister, but I am sure you could insert some inside the beltway names.

A man arriving at the Pearly Gates was greeted by Saint Peter.

"Welcome to Heaven my good man"

"Thank you Saint Peter, please tell me what are all those clocks behind you?"

"They are lie clocks, every time you lie it advances one minute"

"There is one that has not moved, whose is that."

"That belongs to Mother Theresa"

"Another has only moved two minutes"

"That is Abraham Lincoln's, as best we know he only told two lies"

"Well where is Gordon Brown's clock?"

"Jesus has it in his office, he uses it as a ceiling fan."

:D

Grumpy
08-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Its a double edged sword but in the end I feel legalizing it would help more then hurt.

cabinover
08-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I've never seen a violent person that was stoned. Normally they're just stupidly slow. And hungry for potato chips or twinkies.

Grumpy
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I should have clarified what I meant about the double edge sword. That comment was meant toward legalizing drugs other then pot which I deem as harmless as tobacco.

wajobu
08-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Legalize, tax and regulate it :cool:

Charles
08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I've never seen a violent person that was stoned. Normally they're just stupidly slow. And hungry for potato chips or twinkies.

Unfortunatly I have. My old buddy "Steve", taken down by the FBI in KC at a Holiday Inn, 300,000 white cross, two .38's on him at the time. One traced to a murder. Fed's didn't even care about the pot he has...couple of pounds. Biggest bust the Fed's had made at the time...he used to carry the article from the KC Star to make the point. Early '70's.

Well, his family had enough money to get him off on a "nut" charge.

He came to visit once he was "out" packing K98 Mauser, proved to me that a 7.92 would pierce the frame of an old junk truck.

A little about "Steve". 6'6"" , 220 lbs.,wide at the shoulders, narrow at the hip, and the strongest SOB I've ever me in my life. If he liked you, he'd give you the shirt off of his back. If he didn't like you, you had real problems. He liked me. Farm boy.

Last time I saw Steve, I was telling him about my K98 custom, Fajen classic, exhibition grade black walnut .30.06, Star barrel...an absolute stunning weapon that I bought form another of my old "buddies". But Bill built hunting arms, and the Star barrel didn't suit him.

Anyway, Steve got all fired up, starting telling stories about kicking people in the head, leaving their eyeballs on their cheeks, gunfights going down the super slab in Houston, Tx, moving stolen cars to the Fedrerales in Mexico.

Then he went out to his truck, returned with a CAR-15, 30 mg mag stuffed with HP's, and a S&W Combat Mag, loaded the same. And Steve was beyond the point that select, or full auto meant little to him. I figgered it was time for me to leave. This has been close to 30yrs ago.

He was truly the most dangerous individual that I've ever met. In Spades.

Well, Steve up and disappered, and even his family doesn't want to know what happened.

It's a damn wonder I ain't doing life and 50. Reckon I had enough sense to git out while the gett'in was good.

And I'm not lying, any thoughts are appreciated. I'm spilling my guts.

Chas

cabinover
08-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Let me rephrase that. I've never seen get violent from smoking pot.

That particular lad IS nuts!

merrylander
08-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Chas, I for one am damn glad you got out in time.

Charles
08-10-2009, 04:35 PM

I was kind of an onery hell raiser when I was younger. Now I'm just onery.

But I always knew that there were some people you didn't want to get to close to. And the older I get, the bigger my list becomes.

I don't like trouble, there's no percentage in it.

Chas

Sandy G
08-10-2009, 05:19 PM

Uh-Huh. Me, too. All y'all know I have a machine gun, but I did it the RIGHT way-Filled out the forms, paid the $200 tax, kept on the straight 'n' narrow. I, of course, know of some guys who DIDN'T-and avoid 'em like the plague. The Feds REALLY frown on unlicensed automatic weapons- 10 years hard time, $100K fine, plus anything else they can think of at the time. I can talk freely of mine, take it out & shoot it w/my buds anytime I want-And I have NEVER come away from a session w/it where the guest DIDN'T have a big, silly grin on his/her face...Those byrds who have theirs "Under the Table" never can do those things-Plus they've ALWAYS gotta worry about The Knock On The Door...It just ain't worth it, otherwise...

Charles
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Uh-Huh. Me, too. All y'all know I have a machine gun, but I did it the RIGHT way-Filled out the forms, paid the $200 tax, kept on the straight 'n' narrow. I, of course, know of some guys who DIDN'T-and avoid 'em like the plague. The Feds REALLY frown on unlicensed automatic weapons- 10 years hard time, $100K fine, plus anything else they can think of at the time. I can talk freely of mine, take it out & shoot it w/my buds anytime I want-And I have NEVER come away from a session w/it where the guest DIDN'T have a big, silly grin on his/her face...Those byrds who have theirs "Under the Table" never can do those things-Plus they've ALWAYS gotta worry about The Knock On The Door...It just ain't worth it, otherwise...

There you go, Sandy, play it by the book and you'll never be sorry. Besides, that Class III license means that your popgun will appreciate. Wish they'd change the laws so a person could buy them with their IRA money. Better investment than mutual funds.

But I don't reckon that's gonna happen.

Chas

Sandy G
08-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Oh, I'm STILL kickin' meself over not getting what he had-Wanting to go to a good home-2 Vietnam era M-60s...One "As new", & the other in cosmoline from the factory...$7K for BOTH. This was in '87, now, IF you can find an M-60, you're lookin' at 5 figures, anyway. He had M-16s going begging at $2500, the last M-16 I saw for sale 5 years ago, was $8K. Or should I kick myself over the as-new Belgian FAL I passed up in Louisville in '89, complete w/20 clips & 200 rounds of Lake City 7.62, all for $700...

soundhound
08-11-2009, 01:36 AM
I've never seen a violent person that was stoned.

no, they get violent after they run out of weed.