PDA

View Full Version : healthcare outrage

stereocuuple
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM
will the debate over healthcare and tort reform be the spark that ignites the second american revoloution? they wont listen to us they dont care about us and they are going to arrest us. americans need to wake up befor its to late if we dont stop this bloated government now they will take control of every sector of our private lives. the obama admin. and the liberal media are raping the constitution and the states rights. this must stop

eric

noonereal
08-09-2009, 05:51 AM
will the debate over healthcare and tort reform be the spark that ignites the second american revoloution? they wont listen to us they dont care about us and they are going to arrest us. americans need to wake up befor its to late if we dont stop this bloated government now they will take control of every sector of our private lives. the obama admin. and the liberal media are raping the constitution and the states rights. this must stop

eric

I see you are from Kansas.

merrylander
08-09-2009, 07:37 AM

eric

Funny, I thought it was the last administration that was tapping our phone calls. That was abrogating the 4th and 6th Ammendments. That kept taking powers to the President not stipulated in the Constitution. I did not realize that King George was a liberal.:rolleyes:

merrylander
08-09-2009, 07:41 AM
The real outrage is that the six people in the senate developing the new plan are from states that have a combined population less than New Jersey. They represent less than 3% of the total population. Wasn't there some rallying cry many years back "Rep by pop" What a totally screwed up form of government. By and large the Framers did a damn good job on the Constitution but they way they allocated senators boggles the mind.

Grumpy
08-09-2009, 09:33 AM
As I said before. Take the money out of politics and you will get rid of lifetime politicians.

Pay caps of 40-45K and make them pay for their bennies like the rest of us and we would rid the houses of many of these bastards.

It will never happen...

Charles
08-09-2009, 09:38 AM

Now don't be pickin' on Kansas.

After all, it was the good people from Kansas and Missouri that started the 1st Civil War. We even had it up and runnin' fer several years before ya'll decided to git in on the fun!!!

And as much as I'd like to think that we done it all by ourselves, I have to credit you good people from up North for supplying most of the rhetoric, not to mention the "Beecher's Bibles".

In other words, we couldn't have done it without ya.

Chas

Charles
08-09-2009, 09:42 AM
As I said before. Take the money out of politics and you will get rid of lifetime politicians.

Pay caps of 40-45K and make them pay for their bennies like the rest of us and we would rid the houses of many of these bastards.

It will never happen...

Ever notice that vultures don't circle something that's not rotten?

Chas

stereocuuple
08-09-2009, 09:52 AM

I see you are from the Hudson Valley...

Was this your vague attempt at some kind of stereotype? I don't think that's a road we should go down.

I don't think we are the only Kansans here, BTW.

Regards,
Erin

stereocuuple
08-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Funny, I thought it was the last administration that was tapping our phone calls. That was abrogating the 4th and 6th Ammendments. That kept taking powers to the President not stipulated in the Constitution. I did not realize that King George was a liberal.:rolleyes:

What has the Obama administration done to reverse the damage done to our rights by the last one? I don't see him giving back the power that Bush grabbed, or maybe I am missing something.

The wiretapping was a big outrage when the people found out about it, and served its purpose as a campaign issue. Rights that are lost, or trampled over are rarely given back to us. It has been left alone since the election mostly because it was easy to demonize Bush for it but once the new admin got in office did they put a stop to it? I sincerely doubt it.

Regards,
Erin

Twodogs
08-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Kansas here too, and we went for McCain.:)

Grumpy
08-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Ever notice that vultures don't circle something that's not rotten?

Chas

Americans need to take a large whiff cause it stinks to high heaven.

merrylander
08-09-2009, 10:20 AM
What has the Obama administration done to reverse the damage done to our rights by the last one? I don't see him giving back the power that Bush grabbed, or maybe I am missing something.

The wiretapping was a big outrage when the people found out about it, and served its purpose as a campaign issue. Rights that are lost, or trampled over are rarely given back to us. It has been left alone since the election mostly because it was easy to demonize Bush for it but once the new admin got in office did they put a stop to it? I sincerely doubt it.

Regards,
Erin

Again, this all goes back to our method of government, look what awaited an incoming president regardless of who had one.

1. Deal with the economic mess
2. Fix healthcare simply because if we continue the way we are going no one will be able to afford it
3. Appoint a new cabinet and get the idiots in the Senate to "advise and consent".
4. appoint somewhere in the neighbourhood of 6 or 7 thousand new assistants to the assistant.
5. Attend world leader meetings.
6. Try and come up with proposals that see to it that Wall Street does not go FUBAR again.
7. etc., etc.

As long as he does not do all the rotten things that were being done before I am content, what was the poem

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, someday you will be a man my son" or something like that.

I won't pretend to have all the answers all I know is despite catastrophic health insurance (yeah, we have it) if I were to get a serious illness they would likely throw my wife out into the street just so some effing hospital can get paid. And they would plug me into every expensive machine they have just for the $$$$.

wajobu
08-09-2009, 08:36 PM
8 years of the clowns in the White House not dealing with reality is far too long enough (the list is too long to recount). Complain all you want SC, but the mess that they created due to their avarice and incompetence is so vast we'll probably never dig out.

Most of the folks complaining about the healthcare change don't pay one red cent directly out of their pockets so they have not a clue how broken the system really is. All of the complainers don't realize how much of their lives and their paychecks are funded by government programs...I'd be happy to cut them off and see how long they last. They want limited government, low taxes...great...we'll take away Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, funding the military, the VA and everything else...no more bridges, roads, rail lines, etc. You name it..create your own perfect world and live in it.

The Conservatives and complainers are hypocrites...remarkable...their version of Town Meetings was to have invited guest supporters and not allow dissenters..labelled unpatriotic and unAmerican...now we have public meetings with all-comers...agree or disagree, there they are...shouting their vitriol, hatred, bigotry and fear of reality.

The last regime was an oppressive, subversive and a deceptive pack of liars, cheats and thieves. Time to clean-house...it'll be painful, but things must be corrected.

My insurance has increased in price 240% in the last 8 years, for far less coverage than we started with, and enormous deductibles...next year's increase will be 24-33%--hardly a competitive private enterprise system...next year my insurance cost (monthly) will exceed my mortgage payment (monthly)...I'm all for a private system, but there must be stiff regulations imposed on rates, costs and management so the likes of Rick Scott will stop defrauding the government and the taxpayers of billions of dollars while he lives like a king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwjcxyuUf5A&feature=player_embedded

I'm happy to pay out of pocket for my healthcare, but I'm not happy to pay crooks to get rich and put the rest of us in the poor house.

Grumpy
08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Not sure I agree with silencing those at the town hall meetings. They have the same freedoms of speech and should be allowed to speak their piece but I do feel it should not be over the person/persons hosting the meeting.

Charles
08-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Again, this all goes back to our method of government, look what awaited an incoming president regardless of who had one.

1. Deal with the economic mess
2. Fix healthcare simply because if we continue the way we are going no one will be able to afford it
3. Appoint a new cabinet and get the idiots in the Senate to "advise and consent".
4. appoint somewhere in the neighbourhood of 6 or 7 thousand new assistants to the assistant.
5. Attend world leader meetings.
6. Try and come up with proposals that see to it that Wall Street does not go FUBAR again.
7. etc., etc.

As long as he does not do all the rotten things that were being done before I am content, what was the poem

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, someday you will be a man my son" or something like that.

I won't pretend to have all the answers all I know is despite catastrophic health insurance (yeah, we have it) if I were to get a serious illness they would likely throw my wife out into the street just so some effing hospital can get paid. And they would plug me into every expensive machine they have just for the $$$$.

You know what, the sawbones murdered my father - in -law. '70's something years old, he needed a pacemaker, but they talked him into five bi-passes (didn''t know you could do FIVE". But his insurance was as good as gold.

The only way the tough old bastard made it for as long as he did was because he was deterimined not to die in the hospital.

Came home on an afternoon, died that evening.

I'll just say one thing. I would rather die impaled on a steering column, drunker than Cooter Brown, than to die in a hospital.

Being born is one thing, dying is about a personal as it gets. And I don't much care how I die , to a certain extent...ain't into pain...long as it ain't in a hospital.

If the do gooders come for me, I WILL use them to light my way to the New World.

And that's a fact, Jack...don't fuck with me....

Chas

BTW, for any UPLIFTERS who may be monitering this thread...you've been forewarned.

noonereal
08-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Was this your vague attempt at some kind of stereotype?

LOL, it seemed pointless in me answering a post that proposes revolution before health coverage to all so I just respond with something mundane.
Quick question about Kansas City however, why is the airport so far from downtown?
Such great restaurants and entertainment, so far from the planes???:confused:

noonereal
08-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Not sure I agree with silencing those at the town hall meetings. They have the same freedoms of speech and should be allowed to speak their piece but I do feel it should not be over the person/persons hosting the meeting.

dissention and disruption are two different things.

wajobu
08-10-2009, 07:30 AM

I'm not at all advocating silencing them, but if they think that the system is as broken as they say it is then they can do without (and all the govt programs that most of them probably take advantage of). Once they live without for a while we'll see how long it takes for them to come crawling back and asking for help..from the govt.

Sandy G
08-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm like Woody Allen-I don't mind dying, I just don't wanna BE there when it happens...

merrylander
08-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Why I am inclined to believe they were planted is because most of the seniors that I know are too polite to all start screaming at once.

Grumpy
08-10-2009, 08:27 AM
dissention and disruption are two different things.

It happens in both parties like it or not.

stereocuuple
08-10-2009, 09:36 AM
LOL, it seemed pointless in me answering a post that proposes revolution before health coverage to all so I just respond with something mundane.
Quick question about Kansas City however, why is the airport so far from downtown?
Such great restaurants and entertainment, so far from the planes???:confused:

dont kid yourself the only ones in america who stand to bennifit from the
h.c. reform are the ins. co. and the drug mfg. its not reform it is the largest mass forced sale to american pepole in history. and if they didnt see a huge profit in it then this wouldnt even be happening.

as for the possiblty of a revolution we have a responsibilty to remove the gov. when it nolonger serves at the will of the pepole.

noonereal
08-10-2009, 01:23 PM
dont kid yourself the only ones in america who stand to bennifit from the
h.c. reform are the ins. co. and the drug mfg.

I am well aware. I was furious when Bush did this with prescription coverage for Medicare recipients.

as for the possibility of a revolution we have a responsibility to remove the gov. when it no longer serves at the will of the people.

Were you in the streets when we bailed out the banks? That was when it was time to protest. Not the bail out, the entitled salaries of the thieves.

merrylander
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I thought those bonuses to the bankers was the Cash for Clunkers program.

noonereal
08-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Rotflmao

stereocuuple
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
i wasnt in the streets unfourtunatly but ive been speaking to as many who will listen. im ready to fight and im afraid the fucking spooks know it. i dont expect to live long if they get their way. you can be assured i wont make it easy for them i love this country but things have to change.

im vrey frightend for the future

eric

stereocuuple
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Rotflmao

WTF i dont get it?

merrylander
08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I am afraid that a civilian revolt would last all of 24 hours. You would be out gunned by the SWAT teams and the army.

stereocuuple
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
no yoke in my back

merrylander
08-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Ben Franklin thought that a time would come when we had become so corrupt that we would need a despot to govern us. Well we did and were governed by one for eight years. No revolution, we simply took the country back at the ballot box because this time they did not get stuffed in Ohio and Florida. Perhaps we are attaing adulthood and ignoring the NRA at long last.

stereocuuple
08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Ben Franklin thought that a time would come when we had become so corrupt that we would need a despot to govern us. Well we did and were governed by one for eight years. No revolution, we simply took the country back at the ballot box because this time they did not get stuffed in Ohio and Florida. Perhaps we are attaing adulthood and ignoring the NRA at long last.

i pity you

merrylander
08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I need no man's pity, especially yours.

Kamakiri
08-11-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm like a lot of Americans.....I'll care about health care when I'm sick. Till then, I don't need it.