PDA

View Full Version : Detroit gets a new Mayor

Grumpy
05-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Bing was just sworn in. Be curious to see how a business man will run such an ailing city.

Can't be any worse then the politician..

kretinus
05-12-2009, 09:35 PM
If he's a typical business man, I suspect you'll find is answer to everything is give business free reign and take away workers rights.

We have a republican in Iowa who thinks employers shouldn't even have to cover their workers for on the job injuries now.

Grumpy
05-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Right now in Detroit there is very little business. The City is in a shambles so all we can do is hope.

kretinus
05-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, it looks like Detroit is fast becoming ground zero. Iowa isn't flourishing, but I don't think we're on the ropes taking body blows like a lot of places. I just don't see any politicians who really seem to care, with all the problems in Iowa right now the left and right continue to go at each other over the gay marriage thing as if the fate of the free world hinges on it.

Charles
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
If he's a typical business man, I suspect you'll find is answer to everything is give business free reign and take away workers rights.

We have a republican in Iowa who thinks employers shouldn't even have to cover their workers for on the job injuries now.

Have you ever been in business, with employees? It may not be as you think.

Chas