PDA

View Full Version : Oops! bad news Pete

merrylander
07-10-2011, 09:14 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/it-was-a-low-down--no-good-godawful-bailout-but-it-paid/2011/07/05/gIQAbmIZ3H_story.html

piece-itpete
07-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Bad news, that the financial bailout Bush started and I never slammed worked? :p

It's the ARRA aka the porkulous bill that's the waste....

Pete

BlueStreak
07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh, Boy.

Dave

piece-itpete
07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh boy oh boy.

:D

Pete

piece-itpete
07-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Btw, I've often assumed you and Rob are tree hugging antinuke greenies, and I was of course wrong.

Pete

merrylander
07-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Bad news, that the financial bailout Bush started and I never slammed worked? :p

It's the ARRA aka the porkulous bill that's the waste....

Pete

Sorry but according to the latest we are going to run a profit on that as well.

piece-itpete
07-11-2011, 12:11 PM
On the ARRA?? How does one make a profit on government expenditure?

Pete

BlueStreak
07-12-2011, 01:20 AM
On the ARRA?? How does one make a profit on government expenditure?

Pete

Maybe not directly. However, in time, commerce facilitated by infrastructure projects should enhance revenue generation once completed. But that can take a few years, which is why we haven't seen it yet.

People lampoon Obama for his comment about "shovel ready projects". But, when I drove out to Kansas to see my brother I ran into several sizable highway projects such as the one outside Reagan International Airport in Indiana. I've seen a few smaller ones around here. There's an ARRA sign at each end of the I-64 repaving/repair/upgrade project that I see every day on my way to and from work. They're out there, you just have to be watching for them.

I know you guys think I'm nuts or stupid. Maybe I am.
But I believe sometimes folks just don't see what they don't want to see.
If you want to see failure, failure is all you will look for.
Failure will become our self fulfilled destiny and that is profoundly sad.

I believe, if we can stop arguing and start building, we'll be back on top within a few more years.
Paying off debt, building industry....the whole nine yards.

Seriously.

Dave

merrylander
07-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Maybe not directly. However, in time, commerce facilitated by infrastructure projects should enhance revenue generation once completed. But that can take a few years, which is why we haven't seen it yet.

People lampoon Obama for his comment about "shovel ready projects". But, when I drove out to Kansas to see my brother I ran into several sizable highway projects such as the one outside Reagan International Airport in Indiana. I've seen a few smaller ones around here. There's an ARRA sign at each end of the I-64 repaving/repair/upgrade project that I see every day on my way to and from work. They're out there, you just have to be watching for them.

I know you guys think I'm nuts or stupid. Maybe I am.
But I believe sometimes folks just don't see what they don't want to see.
If you want to see failure, failure is all you will look for.
Failure will become our self fulfilled destiny and that is profoundly sad.

I believe, if we can stop arguing and start building, we'll be back on top within a few more years.
Paying off debt, building industry....the whole nine yards.

Seriously.

Dave

You are right, but unfortunately when you combine the TeaBaggers with some nasty intramural skullduggery that is not going to happen. Boehner was all set to do the big deal with Obama but Cantor neatly stuck a knife in his back. Cantor does not give a faint damn about this country just so long as he can stick it to Boehner and take over as Speaker.:rolleyes:

Even Senator Demented is claiming that not raising the cieling won't hurt anything. Of course if they don't and the Pres decides that rather than not send the little old ladies their SS checks he will cut off Congressional paychecks Demented might feel differently. Ah but as long as Congress gets their obscene pensions and CheneyCare they are only too willing to piss on old folks and the middle class, just so Murdoch gets to keep his filthy monies.

piece-itpete
07-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Sorry but spending 700 bil is paying off debt? I understand long term investment and would've used highway building as the #1 thing the gov't could do. Wonder how much went to that?

Here in Cleveland one of those shovel ready projects was the old interbelt, I-90 running straight through downtown. It's started already. Big project with long term effects.

Problem is, instead of designing it to make Cleveland a more people friendly city, a more green city, all those things the left loves to talk about, they're building an ugly rush project. The few manufacturers left on the near east side particularly feel it's going to run them out of town.

Pete

BlueStreak
07-12-2011, 11:24 AM
How is it going to "run them out of town"?

Dave

piece-itpete
07-12-2011, 12:09 PM
There's a number of old industrial buildings/complexes on the old east side practically downtown (Cleveland proper isn't that big). The big thing they've got going for them is easy access to I-90.

The new and improved highway is closing their 2 exits.

Pete

flacaltenn
07-12-2011, 01:09 PM
The planning to close existing exits reminds me of a recent Cali nightmare story..

After YEARS of being allowed access to commuter lanes, the Calif beknighted are considering REVOKING the permits for Hybrid drivers and restricting the privelege to only electric vehicles.

Can you hear the SCREAMS of all those snobby righteous lefties that paid a premium for a hybrid so that they could get to work in less than a couple hours a day???

The govt giveth -- the govt taketh away.. At a whim...

piece-itpete
07-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Hehehe...

Pete

merrylander
07-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Wow, so it was only lefties that bought hybrids, guess I had better tell some of my repub friends that they had better check their voter registration.:p

flacaltenn
07-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Yup.. Mostly lefties. And economically challenged RINOs...

TeeHeeHee...

merrylander
07-13-2011, 03:31 PM
High occupancy lanes are a rip off of the taxpayers.

BlueStreak
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM
High occupancy lanes are a rip off of the taxpayers.

Yeah, my red state wasted billions on that nonsense. Now they call them HOV2 lanes...............TWO people is "high occupancy"? Maybe in a Miata.

Dave