PDA

View Full Version : The Wizzard of Oz

Charles
07-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Having recovered from getting drunker than Cooter Brown, I thought I might as well celebrate my return with a new thread. I found this video interesting, but it doesn't take much to entertain me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI

Be forewarned, it lasts for a while. Make of it what you wish.

And for the lowbrow fans with short attention spans, such as the Kansas City mouthpiece (I love you too Don) and myself, a little variation on the theme. You might want to get the kids and the little lady out of the room before viewing this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zny-_h7If8

Take care,

Chas

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 12:11 PM
So, the problem is commercial banks and the gold standard?
And the answer is cheap, fiat currency made and distributed by the government?

(I am responding as I watch the film.)

Dave

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 12:23 PM
The use of Gold, controlled exclusively by the Plutocracy, (Unelected, incredibly wealthy people. What we would call today---Corporatists.), is what killed Rome, the British Emipire and, eventually,.....us?

I can only agree.

Dave

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Now, the Constitution is "defective" because of Article 1, section 10?

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 12:37 PM
And people called me all sorts of names for suggesting that the "corporatists", as I like to call them, deliberately tank the economy to manipulate the money supply and who controls it................Them, or Us...."Oh, NO, Dave! That's Class Warfare!" Damn square it is. And if you don't start fighting back, you will lose.

You have know idea how much that pisses me off.

Dave

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Wingnut Co-worker--"If we could only get the government off of the backs of the rich, there would be all kinds of money in this country."

Me--"Yep. And only a handful would have it."

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 12:53 PM
G. Gordon Liddy----Shilling gold on FoxNews, anyone?

Dave

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 01:08 PM
"Elect Bryan (D) and all of the factories and mills will be closed."

A familiar sounding threat, I'd say.

Dave

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 01:13 PM
".....who should issue it? The bankers? Or the people themselves, through their elected government officials...."

Dave

Charles
07-16-2011, 01:26 PM
G. Gordon Liddy----Shilling gold on FoxNews, anyone?

Dave

Gold is a commodity, at least that's what the local broker told me. He also told me not to buy Williams Communications and I should have listened. Fortunately I didn't buy as much as my buddy...he's still pissed off. He's no longer on speaking terms with the stockbroker he went to college with.

Buncha crooks down there in Tulsa.

As far as the G-Man shilling gold. He's pushing physical gold, which I would guess is safer than paper gold. Provided you didn't buy gold plated zinc.

Wish I had his job.

It's a big crap game really, they'll pull the rug out from under the gold bugs eventually...it's happened before.

The interesting part of the video is the premise that a return to the gold standard would actually give the plutocrats even more control of the money supply than they already have. The conclusion I drew from the video is that we're all bent over the bar.

But I'd arrived at that conclusion a long time before. And while we're mean mouthing the banks, let's not forget the insurance companies...two rotten peas in the same rotten pod.

Bastards.

Chas

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
"....at first everything looked great, but behind the scenes, the private bankers were setting up a disastrous bubble....the Big Icelandic banks failed...."

Dave

Charles
07-16-2011, 01:46 PM
"....at first everything looked great, but behind the scenes, the private bankers were setting up a disastrous bubble....the Big Icelandic banks failed...."

Dave

Any thoughts on the Bank of North Dakota?

Chas

Charles
07-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Another thought, we've been playing the same old games since before Jesus wore short pants.

Reckon mankind will ever wise up?

Chas

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Fantastic video! Thanks, Charles. I'm passing it along.............

Dave

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Any thoughts on the Bank of North Dakota?

Chas

A state owned bank, used to fund infrastructure and provide low interest loans to citizens and private banks, in lieu of the Fed?

Sounds good to me.

Dave

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Another thought, we've been playing the same old games since before Jesus wore short pants.

Reckon mankind will ever wise up?

Chas

No.

We will continue to be manipulated until we can stand it anymore, then rebel and install new leaders. Then the new leaders will begin to scheme, manipulate and collude with Plutocratic Corporatists....repeat process. It's all because we fail miserably at remembering and learning from the past.

Sound about right, my friend?

Dave

Charles
07-16-2011, 02:11 PM
No.

We will continue to be manipulated until we can stand it anymore, then rebel and install new leaders. Then the new leaders will begin to scheme and manipulate....repeat process. It's all because we fail miserably at remembering and learning from the past.

Sound about right, my friend?

Dave

Absolutely correct.

The education system is failing us.

Case in point, one of my buddies has a doctorate in law, and he was unaware that the Federal Reserve is a private institution.

Kind of pissed him off when I asked him if he learned anything in college. As we were drinking beer at the time, that bad water passed under the bridge quickly.

I pretty much think that everyone who knows me has wanted to kill me at times.

Chas

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Absolutely correct.

The education system is failing us.

Case in point, one of my buddies has a doctorate in law, and he was unaware that the Federal Reserve is a private institution.

Kind of pissed him off when I asked him if he learned anything in college. As we were drinking beer at the time, that bad water passed under the bridge quickly.

I pretty much think that everyone who knows me has wanted to kill me at times.

Chas

You and me, both, Man. You and me both.

I had someone tell me recently, "I like you." Then with a confused look on his face he quipped, "But you're such an asshole.":D

Dave

merrylander
07-16-2011, 02:45 PM
But see, regulations di work, how many Canadian banks failed? Answer - None. If you were to say securitization or derivatives in the GWN they would washout your mouth with lysol.

BlueStreak
07-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I think that was kind of the point. That the Fed is a really quasi-private institution that controls the money supply and manipulates regulation at the behest of the big multinational banks, and that should not be. Only the Congress should have the authority to issue money and it should be done debt free.

At the federal level.

At the state level, you would have State banks that service private banks who in turn service small businesses and individuals but only with debt free funds. No borrowing money to lend money.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Dave

Charles
07-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Now what's wrong with a system where the Federal Reserve can privatize earnings and nationalize losses by passing them onto the lender of last resort...the Fed Gov, in other words, the taxpayer.

Other than it's rotten to the core.

"Ripe and ready to the eye, rotten somehow to the core".

Lyrics by who???

Chas

merrylander
07-17-2011, 07:54 AM
"In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such, because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as others have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.. I doubt too whether any other Convention we can obtain, may be able to make a better Constitution. For when you assemble a number of men to have the advantage of their joint wisdom, you inevitably assemble with those men, all their prejudices, their passions, their errors of opinion, their local interests, and their selfish views. From such an assembly can a perfect production be expected? " Ben Franklin

BlueStreak
07-17-2011, 10:23 AM
In other words, if Ben were with us now, he'd be sarcastically sayin', "Pffft! Who coulda seen this comin'?"

Dave