PDA

View Full Version : Fear and Loathing at the TX Gov's Prayer Rally

finnbow
08-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm thinking that either Don or Dave should join me as we do our best to impersonate Hunter S. Thompson and his 300 pound Samoan attorney while we do a little "Fear and Loathing" at Gov. Perry's prayer rally in Texas. :cool:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/06/prayer-rally-draws-thousands-in-houston/

BlueStreak
08-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh, Jesus Christ.................:rolleyes:

(Pun intended.)

Dave

finnbow
08-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Oh, Jesus Christ.................:rolleyes:

(Pun intended.)

Dave

Does that mean you're in? If so, bring the ether.:eek:

d-ray657
08-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm thinking that either Don or Dave should join me as we do our best to impersonate Hunter S. Thompson and his 300 pound Samoan attorney while we do a little "Fear and Loathing" at Gov. Perry's prayer rally in Texas. :cool:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/06/prayer-rally-draws-thousands-in-houston/

I have the pony-tail and unfortunately, the 300#, but you would have to settle for a native Oklahoman.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
08-06-2011, 01:34 PM

I thought Hunter was into windowpane and .44's.

Chas

finnbow
08-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I thought Hunter was into windowpane and .44's.

Chas

He didn't discriminate against any drug or weapon AFAIK. My ether reference to his frequent mention of his "300 pound Samoan attorney in the throes of a ether binge" in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Great stuff.

Charles
08-06-2011, 06:46 PM
He didn't discriminate against any drug or weapon AFAIK. My ether reference to his frequent mention of his "300 pound Samoan attorney in the throes of a ether binge" in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Great stuff.

The movie didn't do justice to the book, perhaps even worse than "Catch 22".

Never read "Slaughterhouse Five", but the movie had the benefit of Valerie Perrine showing her tits.

I'll give it one star for that, and that alone.

Chas

d-ray657
08-06-2011, 06:58 PM
The movie didn't do justice to the book, perhaps even worse than "Catch 22".

Never read "Slaughterhouse Five", but the movie had the benefit of Valerie Perrine showing her tits.

I'll give it one star for that, and that alone.

Chas

Slaughterhouse Five is a masterpiece that I will have to read again soon. Valerie Perrine made a healthy contribution to the movie. She distracted the viewer from any weak points. I'd also recommend Player Piano and Cat's Cradle as strong entries by Vonnegut.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
08-06-2011, 11:37 PM

Of course I'm in.

Okay, I'll bring the ether, and the git away car. Chas can bring the likker and guns, you and D-Ray round up some hookers. (I like mine dark with lots of tattoos and most of all---extra slutty looking.) I want it to be obvious were a bunch of degenerates the instant they lay eyes on us.

Oh, and we'll be needing a goat.

Hold on tight gentlemen this is gonna be a HOOT!

Dave

diamondsoul
08-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Where the Buffalo Roam is fun to watch :D

When his Nixon dummy gets attacked by his Doberman is classic.