PDA

View Full Version : Splc

Charles
08-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Here you go Noonereal, this one's for you, buddy!!!

It would have been nice if the author had mentioned that perhaps some people have legitimate concerns, but if you don't have enough "bugger men" to go around, you just need to create some more. The left is just as guilty as the right at attempting to press the issue until everyone is frothing at the mouth.

And don't forget to donate...it's the second link at the top of the page.

Personally, I don't care for radicals of any stripe, but who asked me, huh?

Chas

http://www.splcenter.org/index.jsp

noonereal
08-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Here you go Noonereal, this one's for you, buddy!!!

It would have been nice if the author had mentioned that perhaps some people have legitimate concerns, but if you don't have enough "bugger men" to go around, you just need to create some more. The left is just as guilty as the right at attempting to press the issue until everyone is frothing at the mouth.

And don't forget to donate...it's the second link at the top of the page.

Personally, I don't care for radicals of any stripe, but who asked me, huh?

Chas

http://www.splcenter.org/index.jsp

Do you have a link to left wing militia sites?

Are you making a case that this left wing site that I never heard of has the same influence as Fox and all it's holding?

What is your point?

Charles
08-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Do you have a link to left wing militia sites?

Are you making a case that this left wing site that I never heard of has the same influence as Fox and all it's holding?

What is your point?

You've never heard of the Southern Poverty Law Center? They made their bones years ago when they sued the Klan, and a black woman wound up owning the Klan's national headquarters. I've always seen a certain amount of humor in this.

Since then, they operate like Judicial Watch. They find a boogy man, use him to stir up a bunch of trouble, and to collect donations.

When you look at their terrorist watch list, you will find that they have pretty much neglected the Islamic extremists. Here in central Missouri they have located a chapter of the Klan, and several chapters of The League of the South. But they missed the Islamists in Columbia, and they're there, the FBI even raided them a few years ago.

My point is, they are agenda driven. The Klan's the Klan no doubt, don't know anything about the League of the South, and maybe there are militia's everywhere, but I haven't heard anything about them for years. Back in the early 80's there were a bunch of kooks who called themselves "The Covenant, the Sword, and The Arm of the Lord" in South Missouri, but they were cleaned out years ago.

And now they're linking Fox News with the extremists. I know you despise Fox, but they are main stream, and certainly don't operate in the shadows. Beck gets a little wild eyed at times, but he is simply voicing his opinions, and has every right to do so. And he doesn't pass his show off as news.

If Fox has a lot of influence, it's because a lot of people tend to agree with their views. If they are so influential, why haven't they pulled the wool over your eyes?

The SPLC considers rabble rousing good when they do it, but bad when Fox does it. To tell the truth, I wish both sides would tone it down a bit.

Chas

noonereal
08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Yes I would like to see both sides stop the divisive crap.
I just don't see the bulk of lies and hate from the left as I do from the right and no reasonable person can deny that all things Fox and Rush are stirring this divisiveness in a way that has never been done before.

As I said before, if your media is labeled news and you are found to be guilty of provable lies, you go to jail.
If Beck, Hannity, Rush..... want to have have there shows as is, place a viewer warning that the show is fictional.
Same for politicians.

wajobu
08-16-2009, 02:40 PM
There are nuts on both sides, but the radicalized group at the moment is the far right--being fueled by the corporately funded right; they hate the fact that President Obama occupies the White House, and they would like nothing better than to see him fail to say, "...I told you so..."

Groups like Dick Armey's FreedomWorks, Rick Scott's Conservatives for Patient's Rights aren't helping either. They publish lies, encourage disruptive behavior and then hide behind other support-linked-contributees and lobbying groups (and the aforementioned Becks, Hannitys and Limbaughs) blaming "the others" and they plead that they are the Truth. These groups are nothing but a bunch of well funded thugs with corporate lobbying support fueling fears with deception of those who don't know any better.

Oooo....and now Dick Armey's crew is so slyly following me on Twitter...must watch the radical left. Little do they know that I'm a fiscal conservative looking for a fair shake. They are indeed only in it for the money and power--no altruism there at all. None. They are as bad as the Iraq War profiteers.

Charles
08-18-2009, 09:38 PM
There are nuts on both sides, but the radicalized group at the moment is the far right--being fueled by the corporately funded right; they hate the fact that President Obama occupies the White House, and they would like nothing better than to see him fail to say, "...I told you so..."

Groups like Dick Armey's FreedomWorks, Rick Scott's Conservatives for Patient's Rights aren't helping either. They publish lies, encourage disruptive behavior and then hide behind other support-linked-contributees and lobbying groups (and the aforementioned Becks, Hannitys and Limbaughs) blaming "the others" and they plead that they are the Truth. These groups are nothing but a bunch of well funded thugs with corporate lobbying support fueling fears with deception of those who don't know any better.

Oooo....and now Dick Armey's crew is so slyly following me on Twitter...must watch the radical left. Little do they know that I'm a fiscal conservative looking for a fair shake. They are indeed only in it for the money and power--no altruism there at all. None. They are as bad as the Iraq War profiteers.

Better keep a low profile, before someone harvests your email address.

Divide and conquer, both sides play the game, but I think the left is better at it at this time. I assume you will disagree.

But divide and conquer is the game, intimidation is only a tactic.

Look what was done to Joe the Plumber. If the politicians want to cut one anothers throats, I'll personally buy 'em a carton of butcher knifes.

Whenever they go after a stumble bum on the street corner, and violate the privacy of his personal records, I think some one should be going to jail. No matter who does it. Left or right.

Only shows just how paranoid of masters have become.

But I'm just a crank,

Chas

noonereal
08-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Ok. I'll play.

Who did what to Joe the Plumber.

Charles
08-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok. I'll play.

Who did what to Joe the Plumber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Department_of_Job_and_Family_Services_databas e_search_controversy

noonereal
08-19-2009, 02:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Department_of_Job_and_Family_Services_databas e_search_controversy

Don't make to much of an effort to make your point. Jeez.

I find a reference to a lawsuit Plumber has filed (likely without him even understanding).

So now I do a search to find what the results were and I find no info anywhere on the net.

I guess you are passing off an accusation as a fact just like the partisan TV folks do. Sorry, I don't accept it from them, I do not suspect it from you.
If you have alink that indeed shows this is true let me know. It really does not matter because I never thought that just the right is dirty, I just think they are way, way dirtier.

This guy Plumber is happier than a pig in shit to feel his pea brain opinions are of relevance on a national stage. This is my opinion.

Charles
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't make to much of an effort to make your point. Jeez.

I find a reference to a lawsuit Plumber has filed (likely without him even understanding).

So now I do a search to find what the results were and I find no info anywhere on the net.

I guess you are passing off an accusation as a fact just like the partisan TV folks do. Sorry, I don't accept it from them, I do not suspect it from you.
If you have alink that indeed shows this is true let me know. It really does not matter because I never thought that just the right is dirty, I just think they are way, way dirtier.

This guy Plumber is happier than a pig in shit to feel his pea brain opinions are of relevance on a national stage. This is my opinion.

The link shows that the Ohio Inspector General determined that his privacy had been violated by the State.

As far as his lawsuit by Judicial Watch, I don't think they've ever won a case, basically they troll for donations.

My point was, and is, that the politicians will use their power in an unethical, if not illegal, manner in which to grind out dissent.

Guess they always have, but I don't much like it.

Chas

noonereal
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<My point was, and is, that the politicians will use their power in an unethical, if not illegal, manner in which to grind out dissent.>>>>>>

Agree