View Full Version : More food for thought

Charles
08-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Any opinions?

Chas

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/08/obama_ayers_and_the_knowledge.html

noonereal
08-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Sounds like the government has made some smart investments and this guy wants to cash in.

noonereal
08-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Sounds like the government has made some smart investments and this guy wants to cash in.

Good potential debate.

I find this comforting and hence in am less concerned about the bail out and the proposed universal health care.

Why he needed two hours to explain this is beyond me.
I about pulled out my hair listening for this guy to make a point about what he wants the funds "he" found to be used for.

What are your thoughts?

Cash in our investments?
Are you doing this in your personal life?

Charles
08-16-2009, 09:57 AM

Good potential debate.

I find this comforting and hence in am less concerned about the bail out and the proposed universal health care.

Why he needed two hours to explain this is beyond me.
I about pulled out my hair listening for this guy to make a point about what he wants the funds "he" found to be used for.

What are your thoughts?

Cash in our investments?
Are you doing this in your personal life?

I operate in the same manner. I have my retirement fund which I don't touch, only add to it. Then I pay my living expenses out of current income.

No doubt, the fellow is a bit long winded.

I think he is making a couple of points. For one, no one talks about the CAFR's. Listen to our politicians, they talk about the fact that the country is broke, point out how much the national debt is, how we are going to pay for health care.

Wouldn't it be prudent to pay off the national debt if we have plenty of money? Then the interest on the national debt could be used for health care, or more investments, or anything other than paying interest?

Let's suppose you had enough money to buy a house and still have plenty of operating capital. Along with your income. Would you finance the house and pay interest to the bank, or buy it outright and keep the interest money?

Only a complete dolt would pay interest when he didn't have to.

But our government apparently is. It looks to me that our funds are being mismanaged. The question is why?

Chas

PS: We're on the wrong thread, but it doesn't really matter.

noonereal
08-16-2009, 10:30 AM
<<<<<<<Only a complete dolt would pay interest when he didn't have to.>>>>>>>>

Not necessarily valid. What is the rate of interest we are paying China? According to this guy we are enjoying no less than 15% interest on these investments and in most cases substantially more. Seems the prudent thing is to borrow and pay the interest this being the case.

How are we on the wrong thread??????

Going to hit 90 here in the Hudson valley for the first time today, I am gonna listen to music from 69 and reminisce. How about you?

Charles
08-16-2009, 10:57 AM
<<<<<<<Only a complete dolt would pay interest when he didn't have to.>>>>>>>>

Not necessarily valid. What is the rate of interest we are paying China? According to this guy we are enjoying no less than 15% interest on these investments and in most cases substantially more. Seems the prudent thing is to borrow and pay the interest this being the case.

How are we on the wrong thread??????

Going to hit 90 here in the Hudson valley for the first time today, I am gonna listen to music from 69 and reminisce. How about you?

You do have a point. Wonder why the politicians don't bring this up, it would certainly tone down the political climate.

Sounds like you have the right idea. I suppose I'll clean off my desk, write a few checks, make a couple of calls, and I need to do some billing...I've got way too much money on the books. God, I hate billing.

Then I might just grill some chicken breasts for supper, my wife is actually off work today.

Enjoy yourself,

Chas