PDA

View Full Version : Grump's other motive........

JCricket
08-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Grumpy has shut down Ak temporarily. He says it is to do "site maintenance". Well, the conspirator in me knows better. He is really doing it to bring all you folks over here, stir the pot, get his numbers up, and enrage the masses.

Seems pretty obvious to me. What do you think?

mezz
08-23-2011, 06:57 AM
I think it's a good thing he doesn't run any Harley Davidson forums. I participate in a couple of those and liberals raise their heads to flying bullets in them all of the time.

Those guys flooding into here would show the liberals here that The Tea Party is really quite mild compared to the average white, red blooded, motorcycle riding American.

Mr. Lin
08-23-2011, 07:44 AM

Yes that's what immediately came to mind. Who will stop him? He has too much power.

BlueStreak
08-23-2011, 10:23 AM
I think it's a good thing he doesn't run any Harley Davidson forums. I participate in a couple of those and liberals raise their heads to flying bullets in them all of the time.

Those guys flooding into here would show the liberals here that The Tea Party is really quite mild compared to the average white, red blooded, motorcycle riding American.

In here we shoot back, and frequently nail you between the eyes. You might want to go back to the biker forums where it's safe.

Dave

mezz
08-23-2011, 11:38 AM
In here we shoot back, and frequently nail you between the eyes. You might want to go back to the biker forums where it's safe.

Dave

No sir, I prefer being in the fight. I'm an old veteren of Guardian Talk where rational thought always stood out like a shiny diamond ring on top of a pile of turds. Damn liberals can shovel that stuff all day, but throw a couple of facts their way and they've got no recourse other than to keep shovelling. Touchy bunch those liberals, but embarrassingly unarmed when the stuff hits the fan.

Hanging around here I might be able to do some good.

BlueStreak
08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
No sir, I prefer being in the fight. I'm an old veteren of Guardian Talk where rational thought always stood out like a shiny diamond ring on top of a pile of turds. Damn liberals can shovel that stuff all day, but throw a couple of facts their way and they've got no recourse other than to keep shovelling. Touchy bunch those liberals, but embarrassingly unarmed when the stuff hits the fan.

You Sir, are a fool. So, you've been letting them brainwash you for years? I stand corrected; You are an old fool.:p

Oh, and BTW, WELCOME! Come on in and join the fun.

Dave

JCricket
08-23-2011, 12:00 PM

Hey Mezz,
You and that Archie Bunker guy ought to get together. dj something is his user name.

Both of you have mouths so big that it covers your ears. And since your mouth is open so much, your brains(as small as they were) fell out.

Now how is that for stiring the pot....;)

I kinda figure a guy that walks into a bar with his guns ablazin ain't too friendly a type, nor to worried about facts or truths. Just my $0.02 worth fer sure.

BlueStreak
08-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I can't wait for him to tell us all about ourselves. Things we didn't even know. How stupid and ignorant we are, our sexual preferences, our lack of ambition, our lack of religious beliefs, our elitism and latent racism. How we want to be told what to think and how to live.

You know, all of the bullshit he's fed by the "Guardian Talk", and FauxNews.:p

Well, I'm off to work, guys..........Oooops, my bad. I'm off to collect my welfare and food stamps.:rolleyes:

Dave

JCricket
08-23-2011, 12:08 PM
I am glad he is here. I would be unable to vote or think if he weren't.

I just read his total twelve posts. So far, one was not aggravating. He is off to a great start.

HatchetJack
08-23-2011, 12:40 PM
We need more Archie Bunkers in this country.

d-ray657
08-23-2011, 12:41 PM

Well we look forward to continuing your education. Bald statements and opinions that are obvious regurgitation of right-wing (or left-wing) talking points don't make much of an impression here. When you state facts, we will usually be interested in looking at your source to determine for ourselves whether you are indeed stating facts, or are repeating propaganda.

There are plenty of people here who are center-right to far right. There are also moderate to left ideas here. Some people here eschew any partisan labels and just talk plain old common sense. Just about everyone is able to smell BS when it is tossed out on a thread. If you expect a lot of dittos, you'll be disappointed. Give us something worth paying attention to, however, and there will be plenty of good commentary.

Now, having gone past the puffing and posturing, lets have some good debate.

Regards,

D-Ray

That statements set forth above are the opinion of D-Ray and he is solely responsible for their content. Nothing in this post represents the opinions of the management of AK or Political Chat.:cool:

HatchetJack
08-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Marantz or Sansui?

d-ray657
08-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Marantz or Sansui?

Sansui, of course. Marantz is nice, but overpriced.

What's your preference on the speakers? Acoustic Research speakers keep moving up to the top of my list. Only have two pair so far, but they are in the two most used systems around here.

Regards,

D-Ray

HatchetJack
08-23-2011, 12:58 PM
I can't seem to keep the sansui or marantz stuff working for long. My old
Technics has worked flawless for 30 years. Hmmm, I may have to re-think
this.
There are so many speakers, who knows? Ewaves are very nice but limited
to woofer capability. JBL's I like but all the good stuff's about used up
and hoarded somewhere.

Rayw
08-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Marantz or Sansui?

Why not go for something that doesn't have to be rebuilt?

mezz
08-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Well, a sincere thanks for all the welcomes. I do plan to have some fun on here. You won't be able to get my goat too often and d-ray, I'll rival your research when I've got the time and/or inclination. If I come off as abrasive it's because I've hashed all of this stuff out before. The clearer thinkers are easy to spot. They're the ones who don't seem to need to gather together and have their hands held for support all of the time.

I'll look forward to hopefully encountering a higher level of discourse than was often available across the pond. A lot of those Euros are exceedingly dismal when it comes to discerning facts and logic from fluff.

I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy. I'll apologize in advance for overuse of the 'liberal' label, but for now it comes closest to describing the particular mindset which I associate with the above. Perhaps I'll come up with a better term eventually if I can be inclined to waste a lot of time on here.

Have a nice day all.

... and I believe I'm in the Sansui camp.

finnbow
08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Now, having gone past the puffing and posturing, lets have some good debate.

Regards,

D-Ray

That statements set forth above are the opinion of D-Ray and he is solely responsible for their content. Nothing in this post represents the opinions of the management of AK or Political Chat.:cool:

You're still stupid.:D

Charles
08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Why not go for something that doesn't have to be rebuilt?

From what I've seen, it's cheaper.

Chas

Charles
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Sansui, of course. Marantz is nice, but overpriced.

What's your preference on the speakers? Acoustic Research speakers keep moving up to the top of my list. Only have two pair so far, but they are in the two most used systems around here.

Regards,

D-Ray

If I didn't want to drop a pile of cash, I'd go with older Klipsch.

The only AR's I've ever listened to are the one's I have in my shop. Not the Holy Grail by anyone's standards, but they don't really excite me too much.

Right now, they're sitting on the shelf and I'm using Wolverine LS-12's in factory wall cabinets. No bass, but they do exhibit a bit of excitement.

Chas

d-ray657
08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
You're still stupid.:D

Oh yeah. Well you're still an engineer, and even worse than that you're an MBA. :p

Regards,

D-Ray

JJIII
08-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh yeah. Well you're still an engineer, and even worse than that you're an MBA. :p

Regards,

D-Ray

"If you can't say something nice... say nothing at all!"
My Mother

finnbow
08-23-2011, 04:11 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Ouch. That hurt. ;)

Charles
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
There was a lawyer, an engineer, and an MBA driving down the road when their car broke down....

Chas

finnbow
08-23-2011, 05:21 PM
There was a lawyer, an engineer, and an MBA driving down the road when their car broke down....

Chas

I do sometimes think about disavowing my MBA. It threatens to drag down my engineering credentials.;)

djv8ga
08-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Damn liberals can shovel that stuff all day,
Dave's an expert when it comes to shoveling.

Charles
08-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I do sometimes think about disavowing my MBA. It threatens to drag down my engineering credentials.;)

Q: What do you get when you cross an engineer with an MBA?

A: A guy with a pocket protector who wishes he had enough of a personality to be an undertaker.

Actually, I'm impressed with your degrees. If your claim to fame was a MSW, I wouldn't think you'd be worth knocking in the head.

Chas

djv8ga
08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey Mezz,
You and that Archie Bunker guy ought to get together. dj something is his user name.

Both of you have mouths so big that it covers your ears.
Is that really all you've got?

Charles
08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Dave's an expert when it comes to shoveling.

Cold.

But it does get a trifle chilly in here.

Chas

Grumpy
08-23-2011, 06:31 PM
He is really doing it to bring all you folks over here, stir the pot, get his numbers up, and enrage the masses.

You sir underestimate me. I can enrage the masses without sending them any where :D

JCricket
08-23-2011, 07:33 PM
You sir underestimate me. I can enrage the masses without sending them any where :D

I know this, all you had to do was shut down AK.

I am pissed and getting worse, just like a junkie in desperate need of a fix.

djv8ga
08-23-2011, 07:37 PM

You are?

JCricket
08-23-2011, 08:57 PM
You are?

It is not rational, I know(but hey I am a lefty).

Can't see any posts or who has the latest great score. It really stinks.

(obviously facetious)

djv8ga
08-23-2011, 09:09 PM
It is not rational, I know(but hey I am a lefty).

Can't see any posts or who has the latest great score. It really stinks.

(obviously facetious)
Brilliant!

d-ray657
08-23-2011, 09:39 PM

Here ya go. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEnNEIVR9EM)

Regards,

D-Ray

JCricket
08-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Brilliant!

that was for you.;)

djv8ga
08-24-2011, 08:12 PM
that was for you.;)
You can't hide it, I know you like me.

d-ray657
08-24-2011, 09:14 PM

We have a Political Chat love fest going on here.

We all have something in common with other people here. Sometimes we do hide it pretty well though.

Regards,

D-Ray

JCricket
08-25-2011, 07:05 AM

Hey now, no sense getting mean and nasty. Let's not push it too far.

djv8ga
08-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey now, no sense getting mean and nasty. Let's not push it too far.
You know the vast majority of attitude on this board is for entertainment purposes only don't you?
Now Bluestreak, well that's a whole nother story...

d-ray657
08-25-2011, 11:33 PM
You know the vast majority of attitude on this board is for entertainment purposes only don't you?

You're not telling us that you're Carrol O'Connor and you're just playing Archie Bunker here, are you? :p

Regards,

D-Ray

JCricket
08-26-2011, 06:46 AM

I'm learning that for sure.

I have realized it is not due to an excess in the IQ department.....:D