PDA

View Full Version : A good way to start the morning

d-ray657
08-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Decided I wanted to get the brain working this morning, so I started out with some Esperanza Spalding, followed by Sonny Rollins, next is Jane Monheit and, In conclusion, Miles Davis.

How's everyone else's life soundtrack working today?

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
08-23-2011, 10:18 AM
A movie this morning, "The Way Back" Excellent film!"

Dave

finnbow
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM
A little bit of Jerry Jeff Walker to get my piss and vinegar quotient up.

merrylander
08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I got out of bed, that was more than enough to raise my P&V quotient.:p

pustelniakr
08-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I got out of bed, that was more than enough to raise my P&V quotient.:p
:D

Enjoy,
Rich P

piece-itpete
08-23-2011, 12:46 PM
I woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.

I made my way downstairs and drank a cup. Looked at the clock, of course I was late.

Then, through a strangely normal turn of events I went into a dream.

Pete

d-ray657
08-23-2011, 12:58 PM
I woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.

I made my way downstairs and drank a cup. Looked at the clock, of course I was late.

Then, through a strangely normal turn of events I went into a dream.

Pete

BAM! :D

Regards,

D-Ray

bhunter
08-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Decided I wanted to get the brain working this morning, so I started out with some Esperanza Spalding, followed by Sonny Rollins, next is Jane Monheit and, In conclusion, Miles Davis.

How's everyone else's life soundtrack working today?

Regards,

D-Ray

Playing Wilson Pickett's "Hey Jude" on my JBLs, drinking coffee, and reading mail. I hope Bluestreak isn't going to get covered in coffee from the quake in Virginia.

piece-itpete
08-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week :D

Pete

piece-itpete
08-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Heck I felt that quake here in Cleveland, shook my desk.

Pete

meandog
08-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Here it was Santana:Guitar Heaven. Classic Rock with a Santana twist.My favorite track ( c d ) is" While My Guitar Gently Weeps ". It has India Arie and YoYoMa. In my eyes this is a must have song.If you have never heard it,Google it and give it a listen. I think You will be surprised.

I listened on A Pioneer SX 1010
Proton CD
Advent Legacy.
Awesome for breakfast.

md

meandog
08-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes. The Quake was felt in Columbus Ohio also.

SA-708
08-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Listening to Negativland here as I try to work. Working on the spreadsheet from beyond Hell and back again, trying to impose order upon chaos, trying to maintain the untenable.

Others here at work felt the earthquake, but I didn't, probably because my "office" is a cubicle within an old concrete storage vault. Guess that isn't a bad thing, if the building were to fall down.

Break's over, now back to finding more meaningless ways to divide the data up for pie charts.

merrylander
08-23-2011, 01:34 PM
We are due north of DC and due west of Baltimore and we sure felt it.

satkinsn
08-23-2011, 03:15 PM
We are due north of DC and due west of Baltimore and we sure felt it.

I bet. We're way up in upstate New York and have been swamped with people around here who felt it, though obviously not the way you folks did.

I have a 42 inch tv in my office and FoxNews had aerials out of NYC about an hour ago, showing people out of the skyscrapers, standing on roofs and balconies.

Weird. The whole thing feels like an over-reaction to me, but maybe it's a sign of how jumpy we all are, how we're expecting some other shoe to drop.

s.

Mysteryed
08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
From my time in Alaska, I remember how small earthquakes made me feel... That stressed feeling will fade... Here's to very small aftershocks! (if any) We didn't feel it here in the Seattle metroplex! (I couldn't resist)