PDA

View Full Version : This made my skin crawl.

Twodogs
08-27-2009, 03:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_netanyahu_auschwitz

The one event in history that I can not get my mind around, no matter how hard I try. It literally makes me cry.

painter
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_netanyahu_auschwitz

The one event in history that I can not get my mind around, no matter how hard I try. It literally makes me cry.

copied from the web:

The names of Treblinka, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Dachau, Chelmno, Sobibor, Belzek and Majdanek are indelibly stamped on history. Following the Wannsee Conference in Berlin, January 20, 1942, the "Final Solution" was an official policy and a major obsession of the Nazi regime. It was at that point that camps were constructed for the express purpose of rational mass extermination, principally of Jews, but of other groups as well.

I object to not giving the information of other groups of people who suffered and died there.

When you hear the tale of someone who went through it...you're NEVER the same person afterward. He's gone now...but will never be forgotten in my prayers or thoughts during these trying times in our country.

Charles
08-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I suppose genocide has always been with us, the Nazi's simply refined it to an art form. Don't understand how enough of them had the stomach for it to murder as many people as they did, but I don't understand genocide. Human nature has a very dark side at times.

I can see why I like most dogs a hell of a lot better than I like most people. But I always was a loner.

Chas

noonereal
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM
It is an interesting and sad commentary on the human condition.

merrylander
08-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Never ever understood how people could hate others so much, and during my lecture days the one place I was treated with the most courtesy and kindness was Israel. How ever did one people come to be so hated is beyond my comprehension.