PDA

View Full Version : The happy thread.

Charles
08-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Don't reckon politics makes anyone happy, 'cept fer the politicker's that's makin' a livin' offa us stooges. And talkin' 'bout assholes that need a third eye socket (Thank you Sandy) in th' middle of their forehead ain't too cheerful neither.

So I'm gonna take the lead.

The good. Got about 2 months backlog of work at the time, figger I got a damn good chance of sellin' enough work to keep my boy's workin' till spring. For sure didn't figger it would be like this last spring.

But I worry. Always said, don't haffta worry about what's gonna go right...just need ta worry about what's gonna go wrong.

Wife and myself are buggin' out to Bull Shoals in 21 days for a week of gettin' drunk, droundin" worms, grillin' chuck eyes, trollin' fer 'eyes...an' a cell phone don't work down there in Hooterville.

Come on, folks...ya got it made in the shade. There really are poor bastards starving to death in Africa. And Americans are about the only subspecies that has to work at NOT gettin' fat during the winter.

Count your blessings,

Chas

PS: Can anyone else say something happy?

painter
08-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey Chas..politics and religion are difficult but necessary topics. Just upholding the forum.
You and the wife have a great vacation!

Charles
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey Chas..politics and religion are difficult but necessary topics. Just upholding the forum.
You and the wife have a great vacation!

You're right, my dear. Like I was told years ago..."If you don't stand up for you're own rights...ain't nobody gonna do it for ya."...."Fat" Jack

And he was right. May have been a Brumley hillbilly, but he was right.

Don't worry...we always have a great time. This is the last part of the world, where we've been going for 15 yrs...where we have yet to see a game warden or a boat cop. And we've only covered app 60% of the lake.

http://www.perfectlandingairpark.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=50

If you're anywhere close to Southern Missouri...I highly recommend.
Chas

An' fer ya Yankees...that's th' part of Missouri what ya can cut off, an give to Arkansas...an' raise th' IQ level in both states!!!

noonereal
08-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I have way way more than my fair share of blessings.

These next 4 years will be the happiest of my life and then it might just get better. ;)

OvenMaster
08-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Charles, you're quite right. There are literally billions of people starving around the world, and here I am in the U S of A needing to lose 15 pounds because I eat too much and/or don't get enough exercise because my job isn't that physically strenuous. Thank you for putting a lot of modern troubles into perspective.

That said, I had a great dinner at Outback last night.

merrylander
08-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Managed to lose 15 pounds over the last few months. There is food in the freezers, bills are all paid so we are fine. All the rest of you blessed because you don't live next door to our neighbour.:D