PDA

View Full Version : Obama says

hillbilly
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
all schools will tune into him on Sept 8'th ( not an option ). He's going to speak to our kids .. while in school, rather than at home with parents standing over their shoulders.

But there is an option. Our kids won't be going to school that day, and from what I've heard from local parents .. the schools will be sorta empty on the 8'th. Thanks for the offer.. but we'll steer,advise,and raise our kids ourselves. ;)

For what it's worth, a TN State Represenative came to our school today and passed out a card to each student. She said shes a 'Patriot' and don't agree with our President.She told them that folks must respect that Obama is in office, but she does not,nor does anyone else have to like, nor agree with him. I'm glad there are still folks willing to look out for our kids so's they don't get brainwashed. :)

"The address scheduled for September 8, 2009, does not allow for healthy debate on the President's agenda, but rather obligates the youngest children in our public school system to agree with our President's initiatives or be ostracized by their teachers and classmates."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20090903/pl_ynews/ynews_pl888_1

Fast_Eddie
09-03-2009, 04:31 PM
For what it's worth, a TN State Represenative came to our school today and passed out a card to each student.

So, she spoke to your kids while they were at school, without parents standing over their shoulders? Does that bother you too?

hillbilly
09-03-2009, 04:41 PM
So, she spoke to your kids while they were at school, without parents standing over their shoulders? Does that bother you too?

Not when that one person advises the kids the truth. And that is that every family can think for themselves and not be infuenced to believe in one man.;)

stereocuuple
09-03-2009, 04:52 PM
all schools will tune into him on Sept 8'th ( not an option ). He's going to speak to our kids .. while in school, rather than at home with parents standing over their shoulders.

But there is an option. Our kids won't be going to school that day, and from what I've heard from local parents .. the schools will be sorta empty on the 8'th. Thanks for the offer.. but we'll steer,advise,and raise our kids ourselves. ;)

For what it's worth, a TN State Represenative came to our school today and passed out a card to each student. She said shes a 'Patriot' and don't agree with our President.She told them that folks must respect that Obama is in office, but she does not,nor does anyone else have to like, nor agree with him. I'm glad there are still folks willing to look out for our kids so's they don't get brainwashed. :)

"The address scheduled for September 8, 2009, does not allow for healthy debate on the President's agenda, but rather obligates the youngest children in our public school system to agree with our President's initiatives or be ostracized by their teachers and classmates."

this should cause a general walkout of the schools that day obama is crazy and a dangerously inept leader if he thinks this is a good idea. this is the same kind of thing the nazis tried

if he were to make this speach at say 7:00 pm then i would not oppose it

stereocuuple
09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
missouri stands up and says no to the comunist brainwash scheme'

Lt gov. calls it infringement on the rights of parents and students.

many many schools say they will not particapate.

dont need no more proof of the obama is a comunist theory he is a crimanal and he wants a relationship with youer kids.

this cant be for real can it?

hillbilly
09-03-2009, 05:21 PM
missouri stands up and says no to the comunist brainwash scheme'

Lt gov. calls it infringement on the rights of parents and students.

many many schools say they will not particapate.

dont need no more proof of the obama is a comunist theory he is a crimanal and he wants a relationship with youer kids.

this cant be for real can it?

Sadly, it's no joke.

Sandy G
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
"Deutschland, Deutschland, Uber Alles...." THAT'S what all those pictures of widdle kiddles in school last year singing the Halfrican's praises reminded me of... All Barry Soretoe needed was a toothbrush moustache, & he was THERE...

Charles
09-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Just imagine the outcry if Shrub had attempted to address all of the grade school kids and have them write an essay on how they could help him advance HIS agenda.

Chas

wajobu
09-03-2009, 09:23 PM
I won't mention that Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush did this too, during their terms and at the beginning of the school year. This is about staying in school and doing well in classes, etc. What the heck is with you guys?!

I'm going to say it loud and say it clear, you guys can't stand the fact that a black man is in the White House--get over it.

You are once again drinking the Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Fox News, Conservative Talking Points Kool-Aid--get an original thought once in a while, for real.

painter
09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Whats going on with Obama's people? First they will...then they don't (whatever the plan). How are WE supposed to feel secure with him as President when he has no vision to know what society will or won't accept?

Some might think THEY want him to fail. Dunno

wajobu
09-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Huh? Um good ol' Rush implored him to fail.

Charles
09-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I won't mention that Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush did this too.

This is about staying in school and doing well in classes, etc. Relax guys--take a powder.

I'm going to say it loud and say it clear, you guys can't stand the fact that a black man is in the White House--get over it.

You nay sayers are once again drinking the Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Fox News Kool-Aid--get an original thought once in a while, for real.

I don't think Reagan and Bush did it quite like this.

Now I have an original thought. If Rush, Beck, Fox, etc. changed their commentary to where the majority of their viewers disagreed with them, well, their ratings would be falling faster than Obama's and the Democrat's.

These people simply reflect the views of the majority of their viewers. And you don't have to be a liberal to be capable of rational thought. Personally, I think the distaste that most liberals have for Rush and Fox is because they don't want a forum with views that are contrary to their own.

And one more original thought. The Fourth Estate has always been bias and manipulative. And after watching ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...right on down the line, I don't see where Fox has a monopoly on propaganda.

Chas

stereocuuple
09-03-2009, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=wajobu;4974]I

i wish it was that simple. it would be so easy to dismiss him for being black but its not that simple.the president has come to belive in the cult of his own personality. he is not a leader nor a statesman. his days as the democrats golden child have ended even quicker than clintons.

the children who elected him are all that is left and this is a panicked grab to influence the young to worship him.

the voters in america are waking up. there wont be a second term and he and his cronies know it. my fear is that our childern will be the ones who eventualy are going to pay for the price of his arrogance and lust for fame

Fast_Eddie
09-04-2009, 12:04 AM
the president has come to belive in the cult of his own personality. he is not a leader nor a statesman.

We were talking about Obama, not Bush.

noonereal
09-04-2009, 04:59 AM
These people simply reflect the views of the majority of their viewers. And you don't have to be a liberal to be capable of rational thought. Personally, I think the distaste that most liberals have for Rush and Fox is because they don't want a forum with views that are contrary to their own.

And one more original thought. The Fourth Estate has always been bias and manipulative. And after watching ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...right on down the line, I don't see where Fox has a monopoly on propaganda.

If you want to believe you will believe.

noonereal
09-04-2009, 05:11 AM
i wish it was that simple. it would be so easy to dismiss him for being black but its not that simple.the president has come to belive in the cult of his own personality. he is not a leader nor a statesman.

The Clinton's ended because we have a law that a person may only hold the highest office two terms.

the children who elected him are all that is left and this is a panicked grab to influence the young to worship him.

The "children" that elected him (those credited for pushing him over the top) were the educated suburban voter.

the voters in America are waking up. there wont be a second term and he and his cronies know it.

Crystal ball?

[/QUOTE]
my fear is that our children will be the ones who eventually are going to pay for the price of his arrogance and lust for fame[/QUOTE]

I thought you choose not to have children, in fact aren't you furious that you have to pay for children's education? LOL, sorry but you fit the typical right wing stereotype.

noonereal
09-04-2009, 05:23 AM

Do you realize that we had an election and Obama was elected president?
What is wrong with you people?
You are going to keep kids out of school so as not to let them listen to our elected President?
You want to reconsider who is doing the brainwashing?
You sound the same as a Muslim extremists to me.

Grumpy
09-04-2009, 06:08 AM
I don't care if hes black, white or blue. Our politicians ain't exactly the role models I want for my kids.

Charles
09-04-2009, 06:12 AM
If you want to believe you will believe.

Perception trumps reality every time.

Chas

noonereal
09-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Perception trumps reality every time.

Chas

Very true and the topic for a much more interesting debate than this political stuff. IMHO of course. :)
This is a much discussed topic in audio, as you know.

spasmo55
09-04-2009, 06:47 AM
[/QUOTE]I thought you choose not to have children, in fact aren't you furious that you have to pay for children's education? LOL, sorry but you fit the typical right wing stereotype.[/QUOTE]

I'm furious that I have to pay and pay and pay for educating other peoples children. Even when we chose to homeschool #2 son, no tax credit or reduction from a government that was handing out vouchers for people to place their kids in private schools. Get government out of education, then there is no worry about brainwashing.

Could you send me a checklist for that typical right wing stereotype thing, I want to see if I fit, or do you need to be an official liberal to bestow that title on someone?

Gotta say, let him address the kids. If you have concern that some bobblehead on the screen can influence your children, maybe you need to spend more time with them.

noonereal
09-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm furious that I have to pay and pay and pay for educating other peoples children.

That is what a sociaty does, from the smallest to the largest.

Even when we chose to homeschool #2 son, no tax credit or reduction from a government that was handing out vouchers for people to place their kids in private schools.

Maybe you should be thankful that you have this option. I doubt it is available in most countries.

Get government out of education, then there is no worry about brainwashing.

I have heard that Thorazine can help this.

Could you send me a checklist for that typical right wing stereotype thing, I want to see if I fit, or do you need to be an official liberal to bestow that title on someone?

I would not be concerned, you seem to be a perfect fit you don't need a checklist.

Gotta say, let him address the kids. If you have concern that some bobblehead on the screen can influence your children, maybe you need to spend more time with them.

We agree.

merrylander
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
BTW listening to the President's school broadcast is not compulsory.

Charles
09-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Was quizzing by buddy's grandchild about school.

Asked him if he had ever heard of Thomas Jefferson or Robert E. Lee...and I drew a blank. To the school's credit, he had heard of George Washington.

Then I asked him if he had ever heard of Martin Luther King. He was full of information regarding MLK, probably most of it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, the kids should be taught about MLK, and Che, but lets not leave anyone out. Education and indroctration are not the same thing.

The point of an education is to learn to think. Learn to address an issue, define it, research it, and draw a conclusion.

IMHO, the teachers should be teaching a child the value of an education instead of pounding half truths down their throats. And instead of building a bigger football stadium, what's say we hire some teachers who have the gift to do precisely what I just said.

Chas

merrylander
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I am not sure that even the universities teach people to think, just grind out robots for the business world.

Sandy G
09-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh, yeah...I posted on another forum, "Rogersville Topix" about MY experiences in education...I started 1st grade in 1963, hiskule in '71, & college in '75. During virtually ALL that time, I can barely remember a single instance that the USA was praised in ANY of my history books, but great pains were taken to make sure we knew ALL ABOUT every Injun who'd been displaced to a God-forsaken reservation, every coon who'd had his @ss kicked by a White Devil Slavemaster, or every hapless worker who'd been ground down by a Greedy, Capitalistic Robber Baron...Sure, all that stuff happened, but, damn...The accomplishments of guys like George Washington Carver, Eli Whitney, Alex Graham Bell, were duly noted, but of course, they paled in comparison to the terrible things done by pigs like Carnegie, the Vanderbilts...OK, Henry Ford was an anti-Semitic nasswhole, but he also put America on wheels, lifted the farmer out of the mud-bound drudgery he'd been stuck in since time immemorial. There was almost NO attempt to be impartial in the history texts I was raised with, if we won a war, it was blind luck, or some "gimmick" like the Atom Bomb dreamed up by our scientists, since all our wars have been fought to make The Eeeeevil Rich even more so, & all our generals are blithering idiots, besides. I mean, I got virtually NOTHING but the straight ultra-left liberal line during my education...America was the greatest force for evil & bad stuff in the world, blah, blah, feckin' blah. I think if they hadn't been quite so strident, I wouldn't have asked so many questions, & found out that yeah, we got a LOT of warts on us, but MAYBE, just MAYBE, we ain't quite so bad as most of these pointy-headed idjits wanna paint us...

painter
09-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't think Reagan and Bush did it quite like this.

Now I have an original thought. If Rush, Beck, Fox, etc. changed their commentary to where the majority of their viewers disagreed with them, well, their ratings would be falling faster than Obama's and the Democrat's.

Chas

An interesting read for both political parties. http://www.memeorandum.com/090903/p71#a090903p71

Independent
09-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Let's all put on our "tinfoil hats" because next they'll be brainwashing us through the radio airwaves.....

noonereal
09-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh, yeah...I posted on another forum, "Rogersville Topix" about MY experiences in education...I started 1st grade in 1963, hiskule in '71, & college in '75. During virtually ALL that time, I can barely remember a single instance that the USA was praised in ANY of my history books, but great pains were taken to make sure we knew ALL ABOUT every Injun who'd been displaced to a God-forsaken reservation, every coon who'd had his @ss kicked by a White Devil Slavemaster, or every hapless worker who'd been ground down by a Greedy, Capitalistic Robber Baron...Sure, all that stuff happened, but, damn...The accomplishments of guys like George Washington Carver, Eli Whitney, Alex Graham Bell, were duly noted, but of course, they paled in comparison to the terrible things done by pigs like Carnegie, the Vanderbilts...OK, Henry Ford was an anti-Semitic nasswhole, but he also put America on wheels, lifted the farmer out of the mud-bound drudgery he'd been stuck in since time immemorial. There was almost NO attempt to be impartial in the history texts I was raised with, if we won a war, it was blind luck, or some "gimmick" like the Atom Bomb dreamed up by our scientists, since all our wars have been fought to make The Eeeeevil Rich even more so, & all our generals are blithering idiots, besides. I mean, I got virtually NOTHING but the straight ultra-left liberal line during my education...America was the greatest force for evil & bad stuff in the world, blah, blah, feckin' blah. I think if they hadn't been quite so strident, I wouldn't have asked so many questions, & found out that yeah, we got a LOT of warts on us, but MAYBE, just MAYBE, we ain't quite so bad as most of these pointy-headed idjits wanna paint us...

You had some radically different text books than I did. I can honestly say I was taught about the opposite. I never heard a negative words about our country in a class room. I was taught we were the good and respected of the world. I think it was fairly accurate.

spasmo55
09-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Cause Hell done froze over!! I must agree with NOONEREAL, with the exception of teaching the history of "The War between the States". The truth about that may have caused quite a ruckus, with all the Civil Rights actions at the time.

Sandy, maybe you just had some 4th generation Carpetbaggers running your schools.:rolleyes:

soundhound
09-05-2009, 10:36 AM
You had some radically different text books than I did. I can honestly say I was taught about the opposite. I never heard a negative words about our country in a class room. I was taught we were the good and respected of the world.

ditto. i was taught that america was the shit, that all others bow before us, and pale in comparison. none of this is entirely true, i might add.

the president wants to address the children of our country. his goal is to instill a sense of the importance of staying in school and getting an education. i see nothing wrong with this. and the youth of america cetainly don't feel that way now (at least the majority).

i don't understand all the obama hate. i can't say that i agree with all of his policies, but i don't see where he has done anything so bad as to ruin the country. in the short time he has been in office (and it has been too short of a period to really form any opinions of his presidency), the country has not fallen apart, the economy has slightly improved. he is pushing for healthcare reform (god knows we need it, and he is going for a bipartisan agreement), none of our enemies have attacked us on our soil, so just where is the hate coming from?

get a grip people.

Charles
09-05-2009, 11:08 AM
I remember they taught us about the Teapot Dome scandal, only it was portrayed as the exception to the rule rather then the norm.

It wouldn't do for me to teach history, I'd have all of the little Nimrod's so jaded that the school board would ride me out of town on a rail.

And I agree, the point of education is to create worker bees. And if anyone ever invents a decent robot, the powers that be will have them get rid of us.

Chas

stereocuuple
09-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Let's all put on our "tinfoil hats" because next they'll be brainwashing us through the radio airwaves.....

what makes you think they are not doing this already.

oh wow i almost forgot i need to report the money i made this week on craigslist so i can be taxed on it silly me

Grumpy
09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
i don't understand all the obama hate. i can't say that i agree with all of his policies, but i don't see where he has done anything so bad as to ruin the country. in the short time he has been in office (and it has been too short of a period to really form any opinions of his presidency), the country has not fallen apart, the economy has slightly improved. he is pushing for healthcare reform (god knows we need it, and he is going for a bipartisan agreement), none of our enemies have attacked us on our soil, so just where is the hate coming from?

get a grip people.

Gonna have to veer off the topic of this post just slightly but Obama wants healthcare. As you may not have read in the post on my views I am a staunch supporter of Healthcare reform.

My problem is he only wants to help some people. Two words. Bull Shit !
Help every single person in this country and none one less..

On the bipartisan topic, well I had hoped he would have pulled this off but his cabinet has one agenda. Their own and aint giving two shits about what the other parties or people want.

Other then that hes a swell guy ;)

Charles
09-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I like 'em so much, I'm gonna invite him to come over to the house on Sunday and eat fried chicken!!!

Chas

Fast_Eddie
09-07-2009, 12:24 PM
The text of the speech has been released to allay your concerns.

http://cbs4denver.com/national/obama.school.speech.2.1168455.html

Sounds like he's telling them to take personal responsibility for their education. I would think everyone would support that.

"But at the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world – and none of it will matter unless all of you fulfill your responsibilities. Unless you show up to those schools; pay attention to those teachers; listen to your parents, grandparents and other adults; and put in the hard work it takes to succeed."

soundhound
09-07-2009, 05:01 PM
"But at the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world – and none of it will matter unless all of you fulfill your responsibilities. Unless you show up to those schools; pay attention to those teachers; listen to your parents, grandparents and other adults; and put in the hard work it takes to succeed."

OMG! does that mean that it's not the teacher's fault anymore if a child does not learn? school administrators across the country will be in shock! it will be utter chaos!

oh, wait. there's gonna be a subliminal message embedded in the speech, right?

"down with capitolism. in with socialism. down with republicans. vote democratic."

Fast_Eddie
09-07-2009, 05:43 PM
OMG! does that mean that it's not the teacher's fault anymore if a child does not learn? school administrators across the country will be in shock! it will be utter chaos!

oh, wait. there's gonna be a subliminal message embedded in the speech, right?

"down with capitolism. in with socialism. down with republicans. vote democratic."

:D I'd guess so.

wajobu
09-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, our local school board and superintendent have bowed to the radical right and censored the President's Education Speech from being shown at school. This is nuts.

Reason given by Administration: "Angry phone calls from a vocal minority..."

The text is here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/

My letter writing and phone call campaign has begun for some sanity in this.

Fast_Eddie
09-07-2009, 07:26 PM
This is nuts.

Agreed. Question is, what are you going to do about it? One angry phone call deserves twelve others.

wajobu
09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
The web is being actively spread, as we write. There is a move afoot, to at least allow it to be shown at the high school with an optional "educational program" for those who do not want to participate...stay tuned.

hillbilly
09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
In our home, and town for that matter, we the people aint quite forgot Obama's campaign. I believe it was he and his wife that were yelling to the public to knock on doors, call everyone they knew or met on the street... and bug them to vote for Obama ... and if they don't share the same views ... then get in their faces and shout if need be. Lemme tell ya, it aint wise to tell fokes that if ya have any sense at all. Anyone knows how easy shit can happen when they knock on doors and yell instisting on 'em changing their veiws and vote for him anyways. You don't argue with my views at my front doorstep, nor do I knock on someone elses door to argue against anyones views at their doorstep.Thats asking to spark a fire, and wise fokes knew it.

So no, I have no use for him. I wasn't planning on voting for him but didn't plan on raising hell with anyone who wanted to either, but that pissed alot of fokes off after hearing that campaign. Everyone is intitled to their own views ... not just him. :mad:

painter
09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
So no, I have no use for him. I wasn't planning on voting for him but didn't plan on raising hell with anyone who wanted to either, but that pissed alot of fokes off after hearing that campaign. Everyone is intitled to their own views ... not just him. :mad:

My reservations about Obama go back to the campaign also. It has to do with questions left unanswered regarding his background (birth, friends) etc.
His pastor for twenty years (Rev.wright) and now the Czars who have no confirmation whatsoever. Others have reservations about Michelle and her "For the first time...I am proud of my country" remark.
Call it women's intuition or whatever you like...I am uneasy about the road we may travel under his leadership. I stand by my remark...The House of Un-American activities (1938-1975).. gave most Americans the feeling of security and during that time...searching for truth was paramount.

hillbilly
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Thats the point. He,nor they wanted questions answered truthfully. It was a ''shut-up and vote attitude'' basicly.

Maybe I could run too. A hillbilly from the sticks? I could say ''go to your neighbors, get in their faces and tell 'em to vote for me and my past doesn't matter. If they don't agree, shout in their faces that we need a change and legal citizen or not ... I'm the man for the new world dictatorship''. I wouldn't be surprised if I got the job, and thats pretty darn scary.

wajobu
09-07-2009, 09:42 PM
When are you "birthers" going to give it up? Not so much as a peep about McCain not being "technically" born in the USA during the campaign. His staff wasn't even sure for a time that he COULD run due to his being born in the Panama Canal Zone.

McCain was not a Natural Born Citizen (as in, born in the United States). President Obama's Birth Certificate has been authenticated, as has his being a Natural Born US Citizen.

hillbilly
09-07-2009, 10:27 PM
When are you "birthers" going to give it up? Not so much as a peep about McCain not being "technically" born in the USA during the campaign. His staff wasn't even sure for a time that he COULD run due to his being born in the Panama Canal Zone.

McCain was not a Natural Born Citizen (as in, born in the United States). President Obama's Birth Certificate has been authenticated, as has his being a Natural Born US Citizen.

I saw that birth certificate they posted. It'd be nice to know why that certificate said African when they were still using Negro.Was it just a typo? Or did they forget to check what term they used back then before making something up for the public to see, and put behind them?

Fast_Eddie
09-07-2009, 10:31 PM
For Christ sake.

painter
09-08-2009, 08:06 AM
My reservations about Obama go back to the campaign also. It has to do with questions left unanswered regarding his background (birth, friends) etc.
His pastor for twenty years (Rev.wright) and now the Czars who have no confirmation whatsoever. Others have reservations about Michelle and her "For the first time...I am proud of my country" remark.
Call it women's intuition or whatever you like...I am uneasy about the road we may travel under his leadership. I stand by my remark...The House of Un-American activities (1938-1975).. gave most Americans the feeling of security and during that time...searching for truth was paramount.

Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are.

Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.

noonereal
09-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Big day for the cons to hide their children isn't it?

The negro wants to use mind control on them. :eek:

spasmo55
09-08-2009, 08:15 AM

Something new for me to think about. I am NOT a "birther", the issue really never interested me, until remarks here caused me to do a little reading.

McCain- mute point, he was not elected.

Obama, a constitutional law professor, surely he knew that his birth would have to be verified, why not release his long form birth certificate and end the scuttlebutt ?? Of course he would also be aware of the vague wording that does not say how or by whom the birth would be verified.

He was born in 1961, though the State of Hawaii was only two years in the nation, I'm thinking they would record his birth like my state did mine.

Making me curious???

noonereal
09-08-2009, 08:16 AM
McCain .

Isn't he the guy that graduated 3rd from the bottom of his class?

Or is he the one that picked a women who enjoys playing family feud in the national press as his intended vice president? (you know the women, the one who thinks dinosaurs and man shared the earth, right after Adam and Eve)

stereocuuple
09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Isn't he the guy that graduated 3rd from the bottom of his class?

Or is he the one that picked a women who enjoys playing family feud in the national press as his intended vice president? (you know the women, the one who thinks dinosaurs and man shared the earth, right after Adam and Eve)

no he is the AMERICAN serviceman who was shot down and tourtured by the slope communist bastards. john mcain is in every way that a man can be an AMERICAN HEREO!.

we owned the canal zone and if it were not for carter we still would so i never gave any thought to his citizenship let alone that both his parents were americans.

once again you show your true stripes you are willing to support a known communist and racist black tin god as youy leader. well he isint my leader and he never will be.

barack hussin obama will go down as the worst traitor to the american pepole in history. and then we will deal with those who sold their birthrights to ride his coatails and turn their backs on this nation for the favor of the sniveling europeans and violent black thugs

TAKE BACK AMERICA FOR AMERICANS !!!

noonereal
09-08-2009, 10:01 AM
no he is the AMERICAN serviceman who was shot down and tourtured by the slope communist bastards. john mcain is in every way that a man can be an AMERICAN HEREO!.

Yes he truly is an American hero. And he had my vote till he abandoned his beliefs in a grab for power. But I really do think it's the same guy.

we owned the canal zone and if it were not for carter we still would so i never gave any thought to his citizenship let alone that both his parents were Americans.
I have no clue what this means.

once again you show your true stripes you are willing to support a known communist and racist black tin god as your leader. well he isn't my leader and he never will be.

Who is a know communist that I support?
Now this is gonna hurt but Obie is your President and he is black.

barack hussin obama will go down as the worst traitor to the american pepole in history.

Only in your book which no one will read.

and then we will deal with those who sold their birthrights to ride his coatails and turn their backs on this nation for the favor of the sniveling europeans and violent black thugs

Who are these people? They sound like fictional characters from a kiddie comic.

TAKE BACK AMERICA FOR AMERICANS !!!

Now this is really gonna hurt, America will be fine again after Obie puts it back together and Americans are people that respect the American process and not traitors who want a revolution. Americans want to walk into the future as world leaders and not live in the past like a radical Muslim.

:D

stereocuuple
09-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Now this is really gonna hurt, America will be fine again after Obie puts it back together and Americans are people that respect the American process and not traitors who want a revolution. Americans want to walk into the future as world leaders and not live in the past like a radical Muslim.

i really expected more from you your response is just sad

merrylander
09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I really hate it when my shorts bunch up like that.:D

noonereal
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
i really expected more from you your response is just sad

Sorry, love my country and I won't let any disgruntled folks talk it down.

noonereal
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I really hate it when my shorts bunch up like that.:D

LOL, no that's funny.

spasmo55
09-08-2009, 12:23 PM

May I make note, that this nation started with a revolution against a repressive government, and at least on this side of the pond they were not known as traitors.

I for one do not want our nation to be a world leader, as I see it that has just lead to our nation being abused by so many that we have helped. F**k'em.
Sorry John & Yoko aren't in my top 100 listening, but Toby Keith is.

I do not want to live in the past, but I do try and learn from it.

Just my humble opinion.

noonereal
09-08-2009, 12:44 PM
May I make note, that this nation started with a revolution against a repressive government, and at least on this side of the pond they were not known as traitors.

You may want to ask England.

I for one do not want our nation to be a world leader, as I see it that has just lead to our nation being abused by so many that we have helped. F**k'em.

Any examples? I can think of none.

Sorry John & Yoko aren't in my top 100 listening, but Toby Keith is.

Big mistake but to each his own. (although I understand about Yoko:D)

I do not want to live in the past, but I do try and learn from it.

See we agree again.

Just my humble opinion.

And a fine opinion it is. :)

painter
09-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Sorry, love my country and I won't let any disgruntled folks talk it down.

That's exactly why folks are questioning the new administration. Love and respect of our country and the Constitution that has served us well for more than two hundred years. When we post here...its about the politics...never about our country. No man is an island or country.

merrylander
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Geez I thought we just voted out the repressive gummint, is Cheney back?:rolleyes:

painter
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Ever notice when a good point is made...we revert to a remark about the previous administration? Glad I'm an Independent.

noonereal
09-08-2009, 01:48 PM
No man is an island or country.

yep, you are right :)

wajobu
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
McCain- mute point, he was not elected.

Jargon straightening: It's MOOT point.

wajobu
09-08-2009, 01:57 PM
slope communist bastards

Bigot--these labels solve nothing.

merrylander
09-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Ever notice when a good point is made...we revert to a remark about the previous administration? Glad I'm an Independent.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee..."

Kind of says the opposite of rugged independence, no?

(I trust my memory is working as I seem to have misplaced my copy of Donne's works)

stereocuuple
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Bigot--these labels solve nothing.

sticks and stones etc. ask sen McCain what he thinks hes the one the slant eyed motherfuckers tried to turn with their dink prick / french style torture

"liberal traitor"

wajobu
09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Whatever, now, I at least know where your opinions come from.

Oh, by the way, I'm hardly liberal, nor am I a traitor.

Fast_Eddie
09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Sticks and stones etc. ask sen McCain what he thinks. He's the one the slant eyed. Motherfuckers tried to turn with their dink. Prick / french style torture.

-Liberal Traitor

I'm not one to criticize someone for punctuation or spelling. God knows I am a poor speller. So honestly, no disrespect intended.

I honestly had to read this post over and over again to try to figure out what you were trying to say. Above is just one of many possible interpretations, most of which make little if any sense. Again, no personal attack. Just pointing out that it is sometimes difficult to understand your posts due to lack of punctuation.

stereocuuple
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm not one to criticize someone for punctuation or spelling. God knows I am a poor speller. So honestly, no disrespect intended.

I honestly had to read this post over and over again to try to figure out what you were trying to say. Above is just one of many possible interpretations, most of which make little if any sense. Again, no personal attack. Just pointing out that it is sometimes difficult to understand your posts due to lack of punctuation.

im blind and dont see punctuation in literature. it is difficult to use as i dont understand the propper use sorry.

wajobu
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Apparently blind to other important things too.

Charles
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Geez I thought we just voted out the repressive gummint, is Cheney back?:rolleyes:

The Pukes, the Donks...two peas in the same pod. They're all NWO, global government fans. Perhaps it's necessary, the evolution of government, Marx and the powers that be don't see a problem with it.

And at times, it even makes a certain amount of sense to me. But I despise a master. And I don't see that it will ever work. It's not the nature of the beast to be submissive.

Chas

painter
09-08-2009, 05:09 PM
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee..."

Kind of says the opposite of rugged independence, no?

(I trust my memory is working as I seem to have misplaced my copy of Donne's works)

http://polyticks.com/home/Visions/NoManIsl.htm
Isn't google great? Every written word is interpreted by the reader. The entirety may be of interest...

http://isu.indstate.edu/ilnprof/ENG451/ISLAND/island.html enjoy!

Fast_Eddie
09-08-2009, 05:37 PM
im blind and dont see punctuation in literature. it is difficult to use as i dont understand the propper use sorry.

Had no idea. As I said, no offense intended. I'm quited sighted and spell so badly I'm often embarrassed. So you're doing better than me.

stereocuuple
09-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Had no idea. As I said, no offense intended. I'm quited sighted and spell so badly I'm often embarrassed. So you're doing better than me.

thank you and no problem :cool:

stereocuuple
09-08-2009, 06:09 PM

you can suck it:D

wajobu
09-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Charming.

spasmo55
09-09-2009, 08:50 AM

That sir, is a sorry way to make a point, and certainly below your intelligence!:(

spasmo55
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Well, NOON, England is on the wrong side of the pond, so I won't ask them.

As to who has spit in our face I would start with France, a country I have always enjoyed disliking. Then on to Germany, and England is starting to bug me.

After that I would like to look at the Foreign Aid disburements for the last 40 yrs. Though I may know in my heart it is better to give than receive, I also know that I only have two cheeks, (the other two are protected by my chair) and lately they both feel slapped by world opinion.

I do not look at just what our government does, but how many Missions to foreign nations do American churches support ? How many appeals to the American people do you see, for supporting the fight against AIDS in Africa, agricultural development in third world nations, support this poor child for only $10 a month and whatever "Feel Good" cause some Hollywood "Star" cares to do a documentary about?

When is it enough?

We seem to be the country everbody loves to hate, until they need help.

Sandy G
09-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty well blind, too...I CAN sort-of see to read the monitor if I ain't got my specs on, but, well, not really...If I get up REAL close, & peer at it...I COULD drive w/o 'em around here locally, if I had to, but I wouldn't be very comfortable. Astigmatism & near-sightedness. Worn Coke-bottle ends since I was 9 or 10... People put on my glasses & look thru 'em, & invariably go "Damn ! You're BLIND !" Uhh, yeah, why the #!&@ do you think I wear these things ?!?...

noonereal
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
As to who has spit in our face I would start with France, a country I have always enjoyed disliking. Then on to Germany, and England is starting to bug me.

France i understand, not Germany. England seems to be our lap dog, so I really don't understand.

After that I would like to look at the Foreign Aid disburements for the last 40 yrs. Though I may know in my heart it is better to give than receive, I also know that I only have two cheeks, (the other two are protected by my chair) and lately they both feel slapped by world opinion.

I don't see this at all. There is very, very, very little foreign aid given that is not a quid pro quo. This idea that we are a generious selfless country is as phony as offering up religion as the reason to go to war. Keeps the masses full of themselves but is never the case.

I do not look at just what our government does, but how many Missions to foreign nations do American churches support ? How many appeals to the American people do you see, for supporting the fight against AIDS in Africa, agricultural development in third world nations, support this poor child for only $10 a month and whatever "Feel Good" cause some Hollywood "Star" cares to do a documentary about?

I don't see what one has to do with the other.

When is it enough?

Well we are nowhere near the top contributors so I'd say we don't have to worry about that for now.

We seem to be the country ever body loves to hate, until they need help.

I think we are the most feared country in the world and (sadly) rightly so.

piece-itpete
09-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are.

Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.

http://zombietime.com/prairie_fire/

Charming.

Pot, meet kettle.

I think we are the most feared country in the world and (sadly) rightly so.

Although I understand what you are saying, it's NOT a sadly thing. Foreign policy isn't domestic policy. Just because people think one way doesn't make it reality. Peace is a historical aberration and this current Pax Americana is largely (but not totally) due to American blood sweat and tears. And it would fall apart overnight if it weren't for our military, which is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen.

So if those who would like to get away with something, say like firing repeatedly on our planes, AREN'T fearing us they have logic and/or sanity issues.

Further, because we pay for the military that keeps the world system running we are certainly shouldering more than our fair share.

Just IMO, of course :)

Pete

JJIII
09-09-2009, 11:47 AM
For people with poor eyesight you two seem to see things pretty clearly IMO.

noonereal
09-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I am blind in my "right" eye.

Luckily my "left" eye is fine.:D

noonereal
09-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Further, because we pay for the military that keeps the world system running we are certainly shouldering more than our fair share.

We gave Germany and Japan no choice. India, China and Russia all have there own Armies (along with most other countries of the world).
Most Africa countries would worship us if we used our army to protect them from all their warfare troubles but we don't and there are a great many nations who feel our army is the enemy.

Point is, if you look at it objectively you statement does not appear as absolute as stated.

JJIII
09-09-2009, 12:31 PM

Now that's funny right there. :D

piece-itpete
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
We gave Germany and Japan no choice. India, China and Russia all have there own Armies (along with most other countries of the world).
Most Africa countries would worship us if we used our army to protect them from all their warfare troubles but we don't and there are a great many nations who feel our army is the enemy.

Point is, if you look at it objectively you statement does not appear as absolute as stated.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're perfect. But the increase in our military budget after 9-11 - just the increase - was larger than the next 5 largest armies entire budgets combined.

Consider what would happen if any of the above armies were withdrawn into their coutries borders. Then consider what would happen if we did.

Pete

PS. Africa loves us already :)

wajobu
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I can take it.

What has happened in the last 8 years is war profiteering in the guise of national security. Ronald Reagan was good at it too (the biggest peacetime expansion of the military ever, as of his Presidency). There's nothing new to war profiteering...it was rife during The Great War and during WWII, but the largess in the last 8 years has been staggering with all the no-bid work and no responsibility for completion of contracted tasks, deaths of innocent civilians at the hands of contractors, etc.

Don't get me wrong, those who serve in all branches of the US Military should be very well paid, educated, housed, supplied and protected, including health coverage for life for active duty, but if you want to talk about "pork" in the government, the US Military and their "contractors" are at the head of the line for the best pork there is.

Grumpy
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I say take away all of their pork and let them eat hamburger helper like me !

merrylander
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
From what I have read contractors were doing the same during the civil war as well. It seems like greed is just part of the human condition.

wajobu
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I know a fellow local to me who is a staunch Conservative (his "daddy" is a banker and this guy listens to Rush, Hannity, Beck, Heritage Foundation, you name it)--he wants the government out of his business, little or no taxes, huge defense spending in the name of national security, and all the services so he doesn't have any out of pocket expenses, yet he is a proponent of "personal responsibility". He, however, is the first at the trough complaining about how his work-provided health insurance doesn't cover every single little last penny for all of his and his family's needs (I used to have his coverage and it was a "rich" plan--minimal deductible--VERY expensive to the employer). He doesn't pay one red cent for his coverage, but man, does he complain.

So much for personal responsibility.

Fast_Eddie
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Amazing how short people's memories are.

painter
09-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I know a fellow local to me who is a staunch Conservative (his "daddy" is a banker and this guy listens to Rush, Hannity, Beck, Heritage Foundation, you name it)--he wants the government out of his business, little or no taxes, huge defense spending in the name of national security, and all the services so he doesn't have any out of pocket expenses, yet he is a proponent of "personal responsibility". He, however, is the first at the trough complaining about how his work-provided health insurance doesn't cover every single little last penny for all of his and his family's needs (I used to have his coverage and it was a "rich" plan--minimal deductible--VERY expensive to the employer). He doesn't pay one red cent for his coverage, but man, does he complain.

Met a couple through Senior Citizens. The wife has COPD. All HE complained about was the costs of her meds. Later she told me the cheaper meds were not helping as the former had. YET...every year they take a trip. Last year to Hawaii for two weeks at $12,000. If I were her...I certainly would stay away from cruises...:eek:

noonereal
09-09-2009, 05:44 PM

I know that guy! :D

Charles
09-09-2009, 06:08 PM

Are you sure it's your "right" eye you're having problems with?

Chas

noonereal
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Are you sure it's your "right" eye you're having problems with?

Chas

No, I am sure. I only see left. :D

(

spasmo55
09-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I can take it.

What has happened in the last 8 years is war profiteering in the guise of national security. Ronald Reagan was good at it too (the biggest peacetime expansion of the military ever, as of his Presidency). There's nothing new to war profiteering...it was rife during The Great War and during WWII, but the largess in the last 8 years has been staggering with all the no-bid work and no responsibility for completion of contracted tasks, deaths of innocent civilians at the hands of contractors, etc.

Don't get me wrong, those who serve in all branches of the US Military should be very well paid, educated, housed, supplied and protected, including health coverage for life for active duty, but if you want to talk about "pork" in the government, the US Military and their "contractors" are at the head of the line for the best pork there is.

Well part of Reagans expansion was an attempt to adjust military pay to something that was at least close to civilian pay scales. Prior to this "raise" military pay "lost" an average of 13% a year (Yes, that's annually, not a one time loss) when compared to civilian pay. THANK YOU RONNY!!!! You shouldn't let that bother you, Clinton cut military manpower by 25%, while deploying them to a more socially acceptable military action, people were killing each other over religious differences, oh bother!!

I understand your statement in paragraph 2, but you may want to consider holding your elected officials responsible for this. It may be "Military" budget, but you can bet Congressmen are deeply involved in military contracting. I cannot begin to tell you how much Viet Nam era equipment I saw that was made in Texas (Johnson??). Hell even the Fruitcake in my rations, and sorry Texans can't make fruitcake worth a sh*t:D

Of course you must understand officers can't stay officers forever, so they either got to get elected, become a lobbyist, or work for a company that they have done business with before:rolleyes:

Charles
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
No, I am sure. I only see left. :D

(

Maybe it's the rose colored monocle that's giving you problems!!!

Chas

piece-itpete
09-10-2009, 08:09 AM

Were does he get insurance from, I mean, who pays for it - the gov't? Because if it is his employer he certainly is paying for it.

Pete

merrylander
09-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Used to have problems with night driving, mainly due to developing cataracts. Had both eyes done five years ago (how time flies) and came out of the deal with clear lenses and improved vision. Still not crazy about night driving as it seems 30% of the cars out there have mis-aligned headlamps. Those HID lamps should be outlawed. Did you all know that the DOT no longer "approves" headlamp design? They let the manufacturers "approve" the design and just send in the paperwork.

spasmo55
09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Used to have problems with night driving, mainly due to developing cataracts. Had both eyes done five years ago (how time flies) and came out of the deal with clear lenses and improved vision. Still not crazy about night driving as it seems 30% of the cars out there have mis-aligned headlamps. Those HID lamps should be outlawed. Did you all know that the DOT no longer "approves" headlamp design? They let the manufacturers "approve" the design and just send in the paperwork.

Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night:eek:

piece-itpete
09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey, Conservatives are only supposed to listen to Lawrence Welk!! :eek:

Pete

noonereal
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Hey, Conservatives are only supposed to listen to Lawrence Welk!! :eek:

Pete

or ted nugent

wajobu
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I enjoyed this when I saw it (Anthony Bourdain and Ted Nugent): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_aSglGw88U