PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting take on religion.

BlueStreak
01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

----Charles Bukowski (Whoever that is.)

My nephew posted this on Facebook just minutes ago.

Dave

Big_Bill
01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."

Dave

Quote from Big_Bill; One mans opinion is another mans bull ship :)

Now what is the question ?

The reason that I am not an atheist is because they have no paid holidays :)

God gave us Beer to show us how much that He loved us.

Bill

BlueStreak
01-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I've been online, reading his poetry.

This is one of his more coherent pieces.

I think he did a lot of writing from inside a bottle of very cheap liquor.

Dave

Bigerik
01-11-2012, 08:11 AM
How do I know Christians are right? We are the only ones he allowed to eat his best meat:
Pork! :)

piece-itpete
01-11-2012, 10:13 AM
The other white meat? :D

Blue what questions are answered? We don't know why or how....

But agreed, likker and perogies lol. Sounds like a winner to me!

Pete

bhunter
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM

Dave

Is that the one that has the pro Tea Party father?

BlueStreak
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
No. What are you talking about?

Dave

Dude111
07-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Religion is made up BS meant for control...

If someone wants to worship God or whoever THEY DONT NEED RELIGION to do that :)

love4peace
10-24-2019, 02:59 PM

Dave

Damn this is since 2012 ,still sounds great !!
but Drink your beer bcz your country saved my country !!