PDA

View Full Version : Where do YOU think U.F.O's come from ?

Big_Bill
01-19-2012, 01:40 AM
With SO many sightings by "reliable witnesses", and theories out the windows, where do you think they come from, or not ???

Bill

d-ray657
01-19-2012, 03:37 AM
Romulus 5.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
01-19-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm pretty sure the ones I encountered came from a small, square piece of paper that mysteriously attached itself to my tongue in the fall of 1979.....................

Dave

JJIII
01-19-2012, 05:48 AM
If we knew they wouldn't be UFOs anymore and we would have to dream up something else. I say leave well enough alone.:)

Oerets
01-19-2012, 07:03 AM
With SO many sightings by "reliable witnesses", and theories out the windows, where do you think they come from, or not ???

Bill

Uranus?

Barney

finnbow
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Remulak.

http://www.tvacres.com/images/language_coneheads.jpg

piece-itpete
01-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm pretty sure the ones I encountered came from a small, square piece of paper that mysteriously attached itself to my tongue in the fall of 1979.....................

Dave

TaaDaa! Give that man a blotter. Were their flies in your beard? Was your toothpaste smeared? :D

Pete

Big_Bill
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I was hoping that such a group of deep thinkers here might, have given this subject so more definitive thought.

So far I believe that Dave gave the best answer.

While D-Ray's answer would be very good, if we didn't have that treaty with the Klingon's to keep them on their side if the Neutral Zone.

And JJII, The question is where they come from, not what they are, or who makes them.

I was thinking aboult places like: Deep Space, Dimensional Travel, Time Travel, Black Holes, etc.

What say you ?

BlueStreak
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
The Democrats are luring them here from planet Mexion 3 and offering them welfare checks in exchange for votes?

Dave

noonereal
01-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I was hoping that such a group of deep thinkers here might, have given this subject so more definitive thought.

So far I believe that Dave gave the best answer.

While D-Ray's answer would be very good, if we didn't have that treaty with the Klingon's to keep them on their side if the Neutral Zone.

And JJII, The question is where they come from, not what they are, or who makes them.

I was thinking aboult places like: Deep Space, Dimensional Travel, Time Travel, Black Holes, etc.

What say you ?

what were you thinkng about Deep Space, Dimensional Travel, Time Travel, Black Holes, etc.?

BTW there is no time or dimentional travel possible nor will there ever be. You do understand why doin't you?

Big_Bill
01-19-2012, 01:07 PM
what were you thinkng about Deep Space, Dimensional Travel, Time Travel, Black Holes, etc.?

BTW there is no time or dimentional travel possible nor will there ever be. You do understand why doin't you?

Perhaps not today or here noonereal,

But IF there were a life forms millions of years older then we are, they may have perfected it.

Theoretically time and dimensional travel are possible, in theory.

And I suppose that you are referring to the end of our time on planet Earth.

Bill

noonereal
01-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Perhaps not today or here noonereal,

But IF there were a life forms millions of years older then we are, they may have perfected it.

Theoretically time and dimensional travel are possible, in theory.

And I suppose that you are referring to the end of our time on planet Earth.

Bill

No time travel is simply not possible. The flaw is in the thinking. Time is a relative state and does not in fact exist at all.

and no I do not suppose

As to man living on into relative immortality, I agree with Stephen Hawking on this.
I suppose this is what you ment in refering to the end of time on planet earth.
However your bastardization of what time is will live on after planet earth so your entire thought process on this subject is deeply flawed.

BTW you never ansewered my question.

noonereal
01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
As to dimentional travel, science will one day likely reval that inter dimensional travel is prohibited by definition.

piece-itpete
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I dunno noone, they think they've 'found' 12 universes (membranes they call them) in string theory, and it is possible to move between them.

Ordinarily I'd dismiss unproveable scientific theories as next to fairy tales, but they believe the reason gravity is so weak is because it moves freely between them, and so they are watching impacts in particle colliders, hoping to see a gravitron dissappear. So who knows. Neat, anyway.

Besides, I'd like to hit warp 9 someday :)

Pete

noonereal
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I dunno noone, they think they've 'found' 12 universes (membranes they call them) in string theory, and it is possible to move between them.

Ordinarily I'd dismiss unproveable scientific theories as next to fairy tales, but they believe the reason gravity is so weak is because it moves freely between them, and so they are watching impacts in particle colliders, hoping to see a gravitron dissappear. So who knows. Neat, anyway.

Besides, I'd like to hit warp 9 someday :)

Pete

Yes and objects can indeed be in two places at the same time (of course as we all know they are not anywhere at all ;))

This is all relative in much the same way that time (as we think of it) slows the further away we move from gravity.

BTW only 11 dimentioned are currently identified I believe.

piece-itpete
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Whoosh! Can you explain your first sentence to a layman?

Pete

Big_Bill
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
No time travel is simply not possible. The flaw is in the thinking. Time is a relative state and does not in fact exist at all.

and no I do not suppose

As to man living on into relative immortality, I agree with Stephen Hawking on this.
I suppose this is what you ment in refering to the end of time on planet earth.
However your bastardization of what time is will live on after planet earth so your entire thought process on this subject is deeply flawed.

BTW you never ansewered my question.

Kind Sir,

I made no definition of time, nor did I propose a theory of time ? So how can it be flawed ? And remember, every theory is only a theory until it is proven, then it becomes a fact.

Some have theorized that there might be many time lines, multiple dimensions, and multiple Universes, but I have no opinion on that either.

Bill

noonereal
01-19-2012, 01:35 PM

Pete

sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCQShAm5vo

noonereal
01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Kind Sir,

I made no definition of time, nor did I propose a theory of time ? So how can it be flawed ? And remember, every theory is only a theory until it is proven, then it becomes a fact.

Some have theorized that there might be many time lines, multiple dimensions, and multiple Universes, but I have no opinion on that either.

Bill

You called me Kind sir.

What kind?

noonereal
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCQShAm5vo

You understand now Pete? :p

Charles
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes and objects can indeed be in two places at the same time (of course as we all know they are not anywhere at all ;))

This is all relative in much the same way that time (as we think of it) slows the further away we move from gravity.

Well, that's about 10 too many.

I barely have the stomach to deal with just one.

Chas

bhunter
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM

Bill

A great example why anecdotal evidence is utterly useless. Pseudo-science's popular appeal is understandable, given man's hope that there is always something better a trifle beyond our ability to understand. Formal religion, cults, and the belief in UFOs have a lot in common IMHO. Moreover, proving the negation is fraught with difficulty and impossible in this case. The onus is upon the one making the assertion to prove the positive in an objective and repeatable manner.

BlueStreak
01-19-2012, 02:25 PM
I've travelled between dementians, or at least that was my perception of what was going on........................

Dave

(Misspelling deliberate.)

piece-itpete
01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Noone, nooo...

I'm internet video impaired, IVI for short. They're working on a pill for it lol!

Pete

Rex E.
01-19-2012, 03:13 PM
You called me Kind sir.

What kind?

I'm thinking Super Lemon Haze or maybe some OG Kush but I guess I really don't know ya so it may be hard to place what "Kind" you are

;)

Rex E.
01-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I've travelled between dementians, or at least that was my perception of what was going on........................

Dave

(Misspelling deliberate.)

And the meaning to life and everything else was right in the palm of your hand...then 12 hours went by and friggin reality (as we know it) came back on in full force

:D

Big_Bill
01-19-2012, 03:45 PM

Everything depends on the theory of your choice. From 10, to 26 dimensions may be possible.

Number of dimensions

An intriguing feature of string theory is that it predicts extra dimensions. In classical string theory the number of dimensions is not fixed by any consistency criterion. However, in order to make a consistent quantum theory, string theory is required to live in a spacetime of the so-called "critical dimension": we must have 26 spacetime dimensions for the bosonic string and 10 for the superstring. This is necessary to ensure the vanishing of the conformal anomaly of the worldsheet conformal field theory. Modern understanding indicates that there exist less-trivial ways of satisfying this criteria. Cosmological solutions exist in a wider variety of dimensionalities, and these different dimensions are related by dynamical transitions. The dimensions are more precisely different values of the "effective central charge", a count of degrees of freedom that reduces to dimensionality in weakly curved regimes.[16]

One such theory is the 11-dimensional M-theory, which requires spacetime to have eleven dimensions,[17] as opposed to the usual three spatial dimensions and the fourth dimension of time. The original string theories from the 1980s describe special cases of M-theory where the eleventh dimension is a very small circle or a line, and if these formulations are considered as fundamental, then string theory requires ten dimensions. But the theory also describes universes like ours, with four observable spacetime dimensions, as well as universes with up to 10 flat space dimensions, and also cases where the position in some of the dimensions is not described by a real number, but by a completely different type of mathematical quantity. So the notion of spacetime dimension is not fixed in string theory: it is best thought of as different in different circumstances.[18]

Pick and choose your favorite theory, Quantum Physics has then all.

Bill

BlueStreak
01-19-2012, 06:01 PM
And the meaning to life and everything else was right in the palm of your hand...then 12 hours went by and friggin reality (as we know it) came back on in full force

.......an entire universe, there, under your fingernail. Ya dig?

Yeah, I can dig it. Planets-n-stars swirling around inside you and all around you............Groooooooovy...............:)

Dave

Rex E.
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
.......an entire universe, there, under your fingernail. Ya dig?

Yeah, I can dig it. Planets-n-stars swirling around inside you and all around you............Groooooooovy...............:)

Dave

Gettin' all tingly now............;)

piece-itpete
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that aliens come from New Jersey.

Pete

electronjohn
01-20-2012, 11:03 AM
C'mon...we ALL know UFO's come from The Dark Side Of The Moon.

Combwork
02-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Hmmmmm.

It wasn't that long ago that scientists said the speed of sound was an absolute barrier. Up until last year the speed of light was unreachable let alone unbreakable. OK, neutrinos are very small but much to the annoyance of scientists they have been shown to exceed the speed of light.

In a wonderful piece of logic they changed the rules, claiming that the speed of light was a barrier that could not be crossed in either direction, and that for neutrinos to be traveling faster than light meant they were traveling faster than light to begin with; to slow to sub-light speed they would have to cross the light speed barrier, which of course was impossible.

In the 19th century in England a railway line was dug through a large hill ( can't remember which one). The local vicar said that to go that deep it must go through hell. Passengers believed him and got off the train at one side of the tunnel and taken by stage coach round the hill to climb back aboard the train.

The engine crew had to get pissed before they took the train through the tunnel.

bobabode
02-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Pete

Firesign Theater and Dr. Demento

bobabode
02-05-2012, 05:06 PM
After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that aliens come from New Jersey.

Pete

The most cogent opinion in this thread.

stereorob2.0
02-06-2012, 02:55 AM
ufos, hmm. its the government. not little green elfs from planet x.

Oerets
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
A new proposal is that we are being ignored by other worlds if they do exists. Are we like the nosy neighbor who is trying to befriend you.

http://www.andhrawishesh.com/home/sci-tech/24198-why-aliens-havent-reached-earth-yet.html

Bareny

piece-itpete
02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
We're like boorish American tourists in Europe :D

I think UFOs come out of a hole in the north pole.

Pete

bobabode
02-06-2012, 05:10 PM
We're like boorish American tourists in Europe :D

I think UFOs come out of a hole in the north pole.

Pete

Damn Ruskies are about to let them out from the south pole, Lake Vostok:eek:

budgetaudio6
05-17-2012, 02:31 AM
theyre from over there ok? mhmm? As long as they are not from over here im ok with it! :D

barbara
05-17-2012, 07:06 AM
I don't know about UFOs, but I have long suspected that we are really just some science experiment for the child of a greater being and at some point, it's mother is going to be cleaning his room and throw away the forgotten science experiment.....

merrylander
05-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Does anyone think that if there is intelligent life out there they/it would come anywhere near earth?

finnbow
05-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Does anyone think that if there is intelligent life out there they/it would come anywhere near earth?

Indeed. Sometimes I wonder whether we have any intelligent life here.

Oerets
05-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Indeed. Sometimes I wonder whether we have any intelligent life here.

A well deserved ....http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rimshot&view=detail&mid=60B89024724D6938EF2960B89024724D6938EF29&first=0

Barney

wgrr
05-17-2012, 05:11 PM

Bill

If you want a serious answer then it would be from anywhere in the universe.

It is ridiculous for us to believe we are a unique planet. There are a vast amount of solar systems, estimated at over 100 million, in the Milky Way galaxy which is our home.

We have no idea how many galaxies there are in the Universe and probably never will.

We have some very plausible theories to build a craft that can take humans to Mars and back. There are excellent ideas for deep space travel in the future. The biggest problem is humans. We are not equipped to to withstand a deep space journey.

I find it almost 100% plausible that other worlds in our galaxy have solved the problems of deep space flight. Whether they show up here with good or bad intentions is another thing for us to handle if it ever happens.

I do believe we have been "visited" There is just too much historical and current evidence that we have been visited by UFO's.

bobabode
05-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Google Hubble Deep Field and that should put any superstitions to rest about how human centric the universe is.

Personally I think it's all President Barry 'I'm so in love with you' Obama's fault. Kinda a unifying theory of the improbability constant.

Psst - everyone knows it is the Vulcan High Council just waiting till we acheive warp flight capability.;)

BlueStreak
05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
After nearly 11 seconds of in depth research I discovered that UFOs come from--------Kannapolis, North Carolina.

piece-itpete
05-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah! Tear the roof off the sucker!

Pete

JJIII
05-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Aliens like BBQ.:)

Wasillaguy
05-18-2012, 01:51 PM
They told me they were from Shplortithog, in the Zangfanger galaxy, quadrant 23

d-ray657
05-18-2012, 02:00 PM

You must have read that on the Internet. :rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

d-ray657
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
After nearly 11 seconds of in depth research I discovered that UFOs come from--------Kannapolis, North Carolina.

That is some of the finest funk you would ever want to hear. :cool: It's hard to believe that Lionel Ritchie was part of Parliament Funkadelics.

Edit: oops, it was the Commodores. Hit me with a Brick House.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Before or after the probe? :D

Pete

Wasillaguy
05-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Before or after the probe? :D

Pete

That was after the probe. Before, it was all "honey" and "sweetheart" and "I really care about you".

noonereal
05-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Where do YOU think U.F.O's come from ?

The mommy UFO's.:p

bobabode
05-18-2012, 06:31 PM
That was after the probe. Before, it was all "honey" and "sweetheart" and "I really care about you".

Mbwaaaa- good one!

Bam!

budgetaudio6
06-16-2012, 11:38 PM
I read this thread the second time and its still funny. I find this site to be morbidly curious...Intrigueing maybe...:D

bobabode
06-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Wow, a disengenuous computer program. It's 2001 all over again. Hello Hal.

budgetaudio6
07-11-2012, 03:18 AM
hi buddy!