PDA

View Full Version : Multiple personalities......

bobabode
01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I've been wondering why would you not use the same name as you use on other sites?

Bigerik
01-20-2012, 05:30 PM
I didn't get a choice. I just ended up here. At least from THE other site.

Rex E.
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I wondered the same. My name over there and on most places is to long for here (for some strange reason) so I had to shorten it a bit.

Charles
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
I use the same name. Ain't smart enough to keep up with multiples.

Chas

Wasillaguy
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Some people may fear that their political views will taint relationships on the other sites, so they go with a different name for anonymity (not me though- if someone is so shallow as to shun others over differing views, I have no interest in interacting with them anyway).

Rex E.
01-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Some people may fear that their political views will taint relationships on the other sites, so they go with a different name for anonymity (not me though- if someone is so shallow as to shun others over differing views, I have no interest in interacting with them anyway).

Ding ding ding! ;)

painter
01-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I didn't get a choice. I just ended up here. At least from THE other site.

The other site? Never mind...one is all I can handle. :D

bobabode
01-21-2012, 12:48 AM

Damn, who let a Rationalist in the door.:)

bobabode
01-21-2012, 12:52 AM
I wondered the same. My name over there and on most places is to long for here (for some strange reason) so I had to shorten it a bit.

Hell Rex, I haven't got past the avatar^ man, I wanna come party with you next time I'm in sin city!

bobabode
01-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Hell Rex, I haven't got past the avatar^ man, I wanna come party with you next time I'm in sin city!

Speakin' of avatars, I had better work on mine.

merrylander
01-21-2012, 06:47 AM
What, me change?

Rex E.
01-21-2012, 01:00 PM

You're welcome anytime. Probably be over your way the end of April

BlueStreak
01-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Huh?! Remember your "troll" list?:rolleyes:

Must be a Republican.....sheesh.:p

Dave

BlueStreak
01-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I have two different names here and on AK. But, it's not because I'm hiding from anyone. Most of you know what my other name is. And for those who don't;

"Dread31"

There. That settles that.

Dave

Bigerik
01-21-2012, 04:21 PM
I have two different names here and on AK. But, it's not because I'm hiding from anyone. Most of you know what my other name is. And for those who don't;

"Dread31"

Dave

I'll keep that on mind next time I'm looking to ban someone. :)

BlueStreak
01-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Good luck with that.

I come here to vent.

I go there for fun, information and occasionally to show off my stuff.:)

Dave

Rex E.
01-21-2012, 04:48 PM

You've got TD for that ;)

Bigerik
01-21-2012, 04:54 PM
For the most part, I have to say the folks I have gotten to know over here I have actually gained a lot of respect for. Doesn't mean I always agree with them, but I sure have learned a lot.

Sad thing is that I spend some much time reading stuff as a moderator, that I miss out sometimes just being a member. Nice to just be one of the guys over here.

Rex E.
01-21-2012, 04:56 PM
For the most part, I have to say the folks I have gotten to know over here I have actually gained a lot of respect for. Doesn't mean I always agree with them, but I sure have learned a lot.

Sad thing is that I spend some much time reading stuff as a moderator, that I miss out sometimes just being a member. Nice to just be one of the guys over here.

Nice to have as a member and one of the gang!

d-ray657
01-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Yeah, well watch your step over here. We don't cotton to troublemakers.

:D

Regards,

D-Ray

Oerets
01-21-2012, 10:50 PM
What you mean there are other sites?

Barney

bobabode
01-21-2012, 11:03 PM

"Dread31"

Dave

Heh, I had that figured out days ago. It's the way you sign 'Dave'
Sorry for outing you:D

BlueStreak
01-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Heh, I had that figured out days ago. It's the way you sign 'Dave'
Sorry for outing you:D

I outed myself.

Dave

Bigerik
01-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah, well watch your step over here. We don't cotton to troublemakers.

:D

Regards,

D-Ray

Thanks guys. I gotta try to not overcompensate for over there by being a shit disturber over here. Kinda sad if I got banned for trolling.

Then again, regardless of what some may think, it is VERY difficult being banned over there too.

Zeke
01-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I use a fake name, everywhere. :)

Oh wait, I don't.

Has there -- ever -- been some concern that, if someone tried hard enough, they might discover precisely who I am? "Sure."

But if they're that invested, it's not as if a screen name is going to protect me.

Wasillaguy
01-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Huh?! Remember your "troll" list?:rolleyes:

Must be a Republican.....sheesh.:p

Dave

Of course I remember my troll list, it's a perfect example. You were not willing to debate on a civilized level solely because you disagree with my views, so I chose not to interact with you.
I do recognize and appreciate that you have since refrained from personal attacks, and I applaud your advancement.

piece-itpete
01-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I outed myself.

Dave

Oh, god. Get back in the closet!

LMAO!!

Btw, over at AK I'm 'cdssuck32' :)

Pete

bobabode
01-24-2012, 11:20 PM

Pete

Maybe on AA, otherwise somebody hacked your account at AK:DGive me your password and I'll fix it for ya.......:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
01-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Oh, god. Get back in the closet!

LMAO!!

Pete

Yeah. Sure it is.:cool:

Dave

BlueStreak
01-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Of course I remember my troll list, it's a perfect example. You were not willing to debate on a civilized level solely because you disagree with my views, so I chose not to interact with you.
I do recognize and appreciate that you have since refrained from personal attacks, and I applaud your advancement.

I attack all newcomers and subject them to ruthless and humiliating abuse.

It's a shakedown cruise. Once you've survived that, you're in and you have my respect. (Well, somewhat.)

Dave

piece-itpete
01-25-2012, 08:28 AM
So you're the partron saint of humiliating abuse? :rotflmao:

Sounds like a Monty Python thing. 'Shut your festering gob, you tit.' :)

Pete

piece-itpete
01-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Btw, I'm busted. My real AK name is 'tubesdistort81'

Pete

bobabode
01-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Btw, I'm busted. My real AK name is 'tubesdistort81'

Pete

After an exhaustive background check, it's been determined that in fact, you are who you claim to be. John Cleese. As a token, please accept a years supply of Thorazine, on me. Talk to your mental health professional, to claim your prize.:p

piece-itpete
01-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Woohoo! LOL. :D

Pete

Wasillaguy
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I attack all newcomers and subject them to ruthless and humiliating abuse.

It's a shakedown cruise. Once you've survived that, you're in and you have my respect. (Well, somewhat.)

Dave

The problem with your approach is that you lose respect in the process. Why not try showing everyone a base level of respect until they prove they are not worthy, and then fling the abuse? You are a member of the supposedly "tolerant" and "compassionate" group, are you not?

BlueStreak
01-27-2012, 08:10 PM
The problem with your approach is that you lose respect in the process. Why not try showing everyone a base level of respect until they prove they are not worthy, and then fling the abuse? You are a member of the supposedly "tolerant" and "compassionate" group, are you not?

No, I'm not. I don't like identifying with any "groups" if I can avoid it. Never cared much for the herd mentality.

Mindless conformity with things like religious dogmas and the republican party makes me sick.:p

Dave

Wasillaguy
01-28-2012, 11:08 AM
So you like most of the positions of the democrats, but on compassion and tolerance, not so much?

bobabode
01-28-2012, 03:33 PM
So you like most of the positions of the democrats, but on compassion and tolerance, not so much?

So, what does this have to do with using different screen names across different forums? Start your own thread, if you please.

bobabode
01-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, Was. While I appreciate the fact that this place,PChat, is a lightly regulated forum. I see rampant threadcrapping and hijacking going on. If you want to espouse civilized debate, I'm all for it. On the other hand, that ain't gonna happen if you and some others want to jack and crap. Let me call out neophyte on this too, just to show you that I'm fair and balanced in my criticism. Respectfully, Bob

edit- before anybody accuses me of the same- I'm as guilty as sin of falling prey to this behavior and I apologize.
I just would like to debate without constant derailment, name calling (scratch that) name calling can be extremely gratifying. Can we stay on topic a little bit, I hope so. Otherwise we're in danger of turning this forum into one of the many blackholes, that's shithole for the less erudite, that abound on the web. Try to remember where we come from. It's called AK.
Now, back to the mudslingin', ya goat ropin', dumber than a stump, sumbitch trolls.

bobabode
01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Speakin' of avatars, I had better work on mine.

Fixed ! Ganga anyone?

BlueStreak
01-28-2012, 09:31 PM
What in the hell is a "goat roper"?

Dave

d-ray657
01-28-2012, 09:38 PM

Dave

A redneck with a peculiar romantic hobby. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
01-28-2012, 09:48 PM

Dave

A redneck with a peculiar romantic hobby. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

Bingo, also an obscure oblique reference to trolls.

finnbow
01-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Bingo, also an obscure oblique reference to trolls.

I always think of the lyrics to Jerry Jeff Walker's Redneck Mother whenever I hear the term "goat roper."

"Sure does like his Falstaff beer,
Likes to chase it down with that Wild Turkey liquor;
Drives a fifty-seven GMC pickup truck;
He's got a gun rack; "Goat ropers need love, too" sticker."

Oerets
01-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Missed that one!

Thanks for sharing....

Barney

d-ray657
01-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I always think of the lyrics to Jerry Jeff Walker's Redneck Mother whenever I hear the term "goat roper."

"Sure does like his Falstaff beer,
Likes to chase it down with that Wild Turkey liquor;
Drives a fifty-seven GMC pickup truck;
He's got a gun rack; "Goat ropers need love, too" sticker."

That is on the same album as the only perfect country song ever written.

WELL, I WAS DRUNK THE DAY MY MOM GOT OUT OF PRISON
AND I WENT TO PICK HER UP IN THE RAIN
BUT BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE STATION IN MY PICKUP TRUCK
SHE GOT RUN NED OVER BY A DAMNED OLD TRAIN

Regards,

D-Ray

Wasillaguy
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, Was. While I appreciate the fact that this place,PChat, is a lightly regulated forum. I see rampant threadcrapping and hijacking going on. If you want to espouse civilized debate, I'm all for it. On the other hand, that ain't gonna happen if you and some others want to jack and crap. Let me call out neophyte on this too, just to show you that I'm fair and balanced in my criticism. Respectfully, Bob

edit- before anybody accuses me of the same- I'm as guilty as sin of falling prey to this behavior and I apologize.
I just would like to debate without constant derailment, name calling (scratch that) name calling can be extremely gratifying. Can we stay on topic a little bit, I hope so. Otherwise we're in danger of turning this forum into one of the many blackholes, that's shithole for the less erudite, that abound on the web. Try to remember where we come from. It's called AK.
Now, back to the mudslingin', ya goat ropin', dumber than a stump, sumbitch trolls.

Well, what I see is a lot of changing the subject and "let's all play nice" whenever we start getting close to where the rubber meets the road. I don't think I"m crapping on threads or hijacking if I'm staying on a political theme. Just trying to learn more about what makes people tick, what their real motivations are for their actions and statements and beliefs. We start getting close to that realm and all the sudden it's goat ropin' and country songs, speaking of hijacking.

bobabode
01-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Well, what I see is a lot of changing the subject and "let's all play nice" whenever we start getting close to where the rubber meets the road. I don't think I"m crapping on threads or hijacking if I'm staying on a political theme. Just trying to learn more about what makes people tick, what their real motivations are for their actions and statements and beliefs. We start getting close to that realm and all the sudden it's goat ropin' and country songs, speaking of hijacking.

Have it your way, even though I don't think the OP can hijack their own thread. Also, if the conspiracy corner is your brand of politics, so be it. If you don't like country that's inexcusable and I'm gonna go all blue streak on ya, lambchop.

stereorob2.0
02-06-2012, 02:54 AM
im stereorob everyware. i dont feel the need to hide behind a false moniker elseware. -unless im banned someware. :D

CarlV
02-06-2012, 11:55 AM
im stereorob everyware. i dont feel the need to hide behind a false moniker elseware. -unless im banned someware. :D

Oh, you pulled the old sockpuppet routine at AK huh? Well that certainly guarantees without a doubt you will never be allowed back there no matter what.

Carl

Bigerik
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Odd how a guy doesn't care, and then sneaks in under another name...

stereorob2.0
02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
i didnt sneak back in under a diffrent name for 6 months. it was only after pleading my case that did nothing but fall on deaf ears i figured i had nothing to loose.