PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm a snob..............

BlueStreak
03-12-2012, 01:26 AM
........because I think these people are pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7r2i6NrqNs

Looks like good ol' Haley Barbour has done a stellar job of keeping them ignorant and servile down in Mississippi.

Yeah, I see their point. Who wouldn't be proud to live like that? Why just look at all of the lovely squalor the Lord has provided them. They should insist that no one else has it any better than they do. Why would we want to anyways? After all, it's immoral.:rolleyes:

Dave

bobabode
03-12-2012, 01:32 AM
All youse collige dropoutz is snobz, fukin Bill Marr.;)

finnbow
03-12-2012, 10:50 AM
And there you have it gentlemen, the GOP base.

CarlV
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
LOL! :p

Carl

merrylander
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
And there you have it gentlemen, the GOP base.

Got to admit they do not come any baser.:p

painter
03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Got to admit they do not come any baser.:p

Merrylander...you have to admit that from what you and I know about the depression era and beyond...many people literally died because their pride kept them from... as they put it...taking hand outs.
Remember your lard sandwiches? So while I feel some of the video was distasteful...I understand the proud part. And you can still find people out there who feel like that.

I don't knock people down for being poor or uneducated. Sometimes what they say makes more sense than a college professor's class. And money doesn't sway them from the truth.

epifanatic
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Merrylander...you have to admit that from what you and I know about the depression era and beyond...many people literally died because their pride kept them from... as they put it...taking hand outs.
Remember your lard sandwiches? So while I feel some of the video was distasteful...I understand the proud part. And you can still find people out there who feel like that.

I don't knock people down for being poor or uneducated. Sometimes what they say makes more sense than a college professor's class. And money doesn't sway them from the truth.

Truth? What's true? The POTUS is a Muslim? Those people wouldn't know the truth if it smacked them in their toothless face.

finnbow
03-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Truth? What's true? The POTUS is a Muslim? Those people wouldn't know the truth if it smacked them in their toothless face.

... or that they are the only deserving recipients of food stamps. :confused:

painter
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM

I was speaking of people in the vernacular. As for opinions...we all have them. The truth is subjective my friend.

epifanatic
03-12-2012, 01:45 PM
fact   /fækt/ Show Spelled[fakt] Show IPA
noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

I consider facts to be the truth, which in my mind, is not subjective.

merrylander
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM

We had "dripping" sandwiches from the lard and jelly that formed on the pork roast pan and frankly they were delicious.

So how come you and me managed to get educated, we went through that same depression.:confused:

We also did not take any handouts.

Mum's comment at dinnertime was "If you don't eat it now you will get it for lunch tomorrow."

BlueStreak
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM

"...many people literally died because their pride kept them from..."

Fools. Sorry but, that's how I see it. If I'm starving and someone offers me a bowl of soup, I'm taking it. If some one nearby wants to starve rather than take the soup becuase he thinks it's immoral, I'll take his. I might even wait for him to drop and take his shoes. Survival trumps pride. Screw that foolishness.

I don't knock anyone for being poor or uneducated either. I knock them for thinking being poor, uneducated, overworked and underpaid is somehow a badge of honor. Those people probably all work for whoever fed them that drivel. And he's probably a billionaire because of it. They're stooges, Painter. Nothing more. What's worse is they drag the rest of us down with them by being so cheap.

Dave

painter
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
We had "dripping" sandwiches from the lard and jelly that formed on the pork roast pan and frankly they were delicious.

So how come you and me managed to get educated, we went through that same depression.:confused:

We also did not take any handouts.

My father was a miner from the age of seven. When he became disabled I had to leave school at sixteen to help support the family. Long story short...I managed to graduate high school and attend night classes in New York State after my marriage. Bless my hubby...he was very understanding and encouraged me to grow.
I am blessed with a fine family and a thirst for life and learning. As are you Merrylander. That's what it takes I assume... and ambition. Not a good day fellas. So excuse the rants.

noonereal
03-12-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't knock anyone for being poor or uneducated either. I knock them for thinking being poor, uneducated, overworked and underpaid is somehow a badge of honor. Those people probably all work for whoever fed them that drivel. And he's probably a billionaire because of it.

Dave

as always, on the money

painter
03-12-2012, 03:38 PM
"...many people literally died because their pride kept them from..."

Fools. Sorry but, that's how I see it. If I'm starving and someone offers me a bowl of soup, I'm taking it. If some one nearby wants to starve rather than take the soup becuase he thinks it's immoral, I'll take his. I might even wait for him to drop and take his shoes. Survival trumps pride. Screw that foolishness.

I don't knock anyone for being poor or uneducated either. I knock them for thinking being poor, uneducated, overworked and underpaid is somehow a badge of honor. Those people probably all work for whoever fed them that drivel. And he's probably a billionaire because of it. They're stooges, Painter. Nothing more. What's worse is they drag the rest of us down with them by being so cheap.

Dave

It just occured to me...Wall Street occupiers! They want what you have! Class envy??
The only difference I can see is... many are educated and are in their minds eye... needy!

djv8ga
03-12-2012, 09:06 PM
My father was a miner from the age of seven. When he became disabled I had to leave school at sixteen to help support the family. Long story short...I managed to graduate high school and attend night classes in New York State after my marriage. Bless my hubby...he was very understanding and encouraged me to grow.
I am blessed with a fine family and a thirst for life and learning. As are you Merrylander. That's what it takes I assume... and ambition. Not a good day fellas. So excuse the rants.
Very cool. :cool:

wgrr
03-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Every year I drag ass down to Gallman, Mississippi for my wifes family reunion at the Gallman Baptist church. We were walking around the Gallman cemetery, looking at all the dead Gallmans, one year when one of her cousins proudly pointed out a headstone on a hillside. She told us they just put it up to mark the mass burial graves of their n***er slaves. She was so proud of it. You never see any blacks in Gallman. They stay on their side of the tracks. Segregation is alive and well in Mississippi.

The wealthy whites in Mississippi are doing just fine. My wifes fathers side of the family owns a whole city south of Jackson They even have their own exit sign on I55. I truly dislike Mississippi, but I go every year to remind myself how good I actually have it.

finnbow
03-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I truly dislike Mississippi, but I go every year to remind myself how good I actually have it.

I kinda like Vicksburg for its beautiful battlefield and a great catfish restaurant. Other than that, most of the rest of the state is a backwater. I am, however, considering a music pilgrimage some time to the Delta (around Clarksdale) for its Blues.

merrylander
03-13-2012, 02:16 PM

Strange that you wrote that, after I got into computer programming I could see a road ahead. My first wife complained, saying she liked me better when I did not have so much ambition - things kind of went downhill after that.

Much of it came about because the Good Lord blessed me with an overabundace of what Poirot calls "the little grey cells". They are usefull but I really wish they had come with an On Off switch.:rolleyes:

piece-itpete
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't think you need to be excused painter.

Pete

finnbow
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Do the results of these polls qualify MS and AL Republicans as dumb?

"... 45 percent of Alabama Republicans think Mr. Obama is a Muslim, and only 14 percent know that he’s actually a Christian. In Mississippi, the same poll showed that a majority of Republicans, 52 percent, believe the Muslim lie."

http://loyalopposition.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/do-most-mississippi-republicans-think-obama-is-a-muslim/

mac mini
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Every year I drag ass down to Gallman, Mississippi for my wifes family reunion at the Gallman Baptist church. We were walking around the Gallman cemetery, looking at all the dead Gallmans, one year when one of her cousins proudly pointed out a headstone on a hillside. She told us they just put it up to mark the mass burial graves of their n***er slaves. She was so proud of it. You never see any blacks in Gallman. They stay on their side of the tracks. Segregation is alive and well in Mississippi.

The wealthy whites in Mississippi are doing just fine. My wifes fathers side of the family owns a whole city south of Jackson They even have their own exit sign on I55. I truly dislike Mississippi, but I go every year to remind myself how good I actually have it.

While on a bicycle vacation in Tennessee last year I learned over breakfast from a nice white couple that there is no such thing as an intelligent black man. I just stared at my oatmeal and wished I was somewhere else.

mac mini
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Do the results of these polls qualify MS and AL Republicans as dumb?

"... 45 percent of Alabama Republicans think Mr. Obama is a Muslim, and only 14 percent know that he’s actually a Christian. In Mississippi, the same poll showed that a majority of Republicans, 52 percent, believe the Muslim lie."

http://loyalopposition.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/do-most-mississippi-republicans-think-obama-is-a-muslim/

What they know is that Obama is black.

RamblinE
03-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Living in the Florida panhandle for two years was much the same.

In with the religion, out with the logic.

merrylander
03-14-2012, 08:15 AM
“He who refuses to learn deserves extinction.”
Rabbi Hillel

BlueStreak
03-14-2012, 08:35 AM
It just occured to me...Wall Street occupiers! They want what you have! Class envy??
The only difference I can see is... many are educated and are in their minds eye... needy!

No. That is where you are totally, absolutely and entirely wrong in every way possible. They're smart enough to know we can build a better nation if we invest in education and make it available to all, even the happily downtrodden in Ol' Miss. Rather than relegate them to considering themselves to be "Blessed" by the "Lord" for whatever scraps the local strawboss feels like throwing them. Which is, in no way, an accident. Republicans don't want to pay into higher education for anyone but their own kids................because the ignorant are more easily controlled.

Mississippi is the shining example of how well our purist form of plutocratic asskissing conservatism works. The handfull of ruthlessly ambitious end up with ALL of the money. Take a good, long look at it.............this is the future.

Dave

piece-itpete
03-14-2012, 10:08 AM
I caught a bit of a lecture (I wish I could remember the guys name!) where he said the US has been 7 seperate cultures in conflict all along.

To make generalisations of the sort, well then, the corrupt Cleveland Dem machine must be the template for Democrats everywhere. As far as higher education, I guess maybe the left could look to secondary 1st. Back our mayor's reforms in the teachers union.

Pete

merrylander
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I caught a bit of a lecture (I wish I could remember the guys name!) where he said the US has been 7 seperate cultures in conflict all along.

To make generalisations of the sort, well then, the corrupt Cleveland Dem machine must be the template for Democrats everywhere. As far as higher education, I guess maybe the left could look to secondary 1st. Back our mayor's reforms in the teachers union.

Pete

There you go again, it's always the union's fault. If they spent half of the money they waste with NCLB and all the other experts, on the schools we would be better off. Instead we have "experts" most of whom could not find their arse with both hands and a flashlight, getting in the teachers way. Fire the whole damn lot of them and let the teachers teach.

piece-itpete
03-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I know two people functionally illiterate - with Cleveland HS diplomas.

Pete

merrylander
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
I know two people functionally illiterate - with Cleveland HS diplomas.

Pete

Probably like the situation recently in DC, they fired a really good teacher using that ditzy woman Rhee's rating scheme. It seems that her fifth grade students were promoted from the fourth grade because "someone" erased the wrong answers on the tests and put in the right answers. After all the school would have been punished under these half-assed new testing schemes. Fairfax county in VA grabbed the teacher in a flash.

As a former teacher I really wish people who know nothing about teaching would take all their "expertise" and shove it. If we don't get these "experts" out of the damn way we will wind up with a functionally illiterate nation. Oh but we will have destroyed the teachers unions and driven all the good teachers out of the system so that will be OK.:mad: