PDA

View Full Version : Tanks in the streets?

BlueStreak
04-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Just curious;

There has been a lot of hubris bouncing around these last few years about "Totalitarianism" and government seizure of guns, property and entire communities, deathcamps and so on. And I'd think that even the righties among us would have to admit, that the bulk of this has been coming from folks on their side, with the election of Barack Obama. (Although next to none of those wild predictions have come true.;))

Tell me. What is your nightmare scenario?

Dave

piece-itpete
04-05-2012, 09:38 AM
A second term for Obama?

:D

A creeping expansion of government power until they become all-encompassing?

I realise that might be a good dream to a leftie ;)

Pete

barbara
04-05-2012, 09:52 AM
My nightmare is that the health care bill will either die or become so distorted that it is ineffectual.

The lack of affordable health care for everyone is our biggest downfall.

BlueStreak
04-05-2012, 10:43 AM
A second term for Obama?

A creeping expansion of government power until they become all-encompassing?

I realise that might be a good dream to a leftie ;)

Pete

My nightmare is that the health care bill will either die or become so distorted that it is ineffectual.

The lack of affordable health care for everyone is our biggest downfall.

Beieve it or not, folks both of these elements play into my nightmare........

Dave

merrylander
04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
No tanks, torches and pitchforks more like it.

BlueStreak
04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Mmmmmm, more like an indefinite suspension of democracy and a coup at the top with law enforcement and Nat'l Guard at the ready to quell any attempted uprisings, is what I'm thinking.

Dave

merrylander
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
You are assuming a Republican win?

BlueStreak
04-05-2012, 12:58 PM
No.

In this scenario the Republicans do not win. Actually, no one does. Not by ballot anyhow.

Small clue; This is a recurring dream I've been having. Based on something happening in real life, albeit on a much smaller scale, right here in the U.S.........

Dave

Zeke
04-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Red Dawn.

Wooooooolllllllvvvverinesssssssss!!!!!

RamblinE
04-05-2012, 02:46 PM
My nightmare is an all powerful police force and a justice system skewed against oppressing the poor. It's already happened with the expansion of for-profit prisons. Righties LOVE IT.

BlueStreak
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Something similar to this, but on a much larger scale, of course and obviously the circumstances are different;

http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson/5013203-452/time-for-an-uprisingin-benton-harbor.html

It's down to he final week of the election and it looks like there's a strong chance Romney will lose. And a cabal of far right wingers in the congress and the military decide they just aren't having it. Somebody has to step in and "save America". Americans wake up one morning, days before the election to hear, "Sorry folks the election has been suspended. President Obama has been arrested."

Think such a thing is really all that far fetched?

Dave

RamblinE
04-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Something similar to this, but on a much larger scale, of course and obviously the circumstances are different;

http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson/5013203-452/time-for-an-uprisingin-benton-harbor.html

It's down to he final week of the election and it looks like there's a strong chance Romney will lose. And a cabal of far right wingers in the congress and the military decide they just aren't having it. Somebody has to step in and "save America". Americans wake up one morning, days before the election to hear, "Sorry folks the election has been suspended. President Obama has been arrested."

Dave

Thanks for giving me the creeps.

bobabode
04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Similar scenario in my nightmares except I've always joked (since Ronnie Raygun) that I'll be out in the Mojave in a re-education tent city spending my final years digging slit trenches. What's worse is that now in my nightmare is that DJ is in the next bunk reminding me of my comments about herding tarantulas and scorpions and laughing his ass off. :eek:

merrylander
04-06-2012, 07:14 AM
WHen you look at the police behaviour during the Occupy events we are not too far removed from a police state now.

When they show up in riot gear everything looks like a riot to them.

BlueStreak
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks for giving me the creeps.

You're welcome. Any time, Bro!

Dave

whoaru99
04-07-2012, 08:04 AM
WHen you look at the police behaviour during the Occupy events we are not too far removed from a police state now.

I agree, regardless of any Occupy stuff.

Take a look around. How many officers do you see in a traditional police uniform, how many do you see garbed up like military combat troops?

I think there's a lot of desensitization going on to combat-style police operations/tactics. Even our small town force has gone from what I'd call a traditional police uniform to something more akin to an all black BDU/tactical uniform complete with bloused pants and boots.

Bigerik
04-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Seeing that up here too. Cops looking more like army than police.

BlueStreak
04-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I remember stepping off a train in Cannes, France and seeing "police" wearing berets, combat boots, fatigues and carrying fully automatic weapons patrolling the station. A far cry from the pudgy donut eaters sitting in their Crown Vics typically seen here in the '80s.

Dave

Combwork
04-07-2012, 02:56 PM

They tried that in Dundee (Scotland). A guy phoned up local radio and said "Occupy Dundee? I don't want to occupy Dundee and I live here" I've not worded this right but spoken in a broad Dundee accent it came over well.

Rex E.
04-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Dave

That scenario might be the same if you change Romney from losing to winning. ;)

BlueStreak
04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Did you read the article?

Dave

Rex E.
04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Did you read the article?

Dave

Yes I did and I was not refering to the article but rather to your "dream" scenario

Pretty sure there are enough in the extreme right wing and maybe military that would not be pleased with a Romney win.

BlueStreak
04-07-2012, 04:53 PM
The two are linked. The dream scenario started when I saw the story of this town on 60 Minutes.

Not pleased with a Romney win? But they would be just peachy with the prospect of another four years of Obama?:confused:

I just don't get how people think the idea of rightwingers forcing their will on an unwilling populace is inconceivable. Maybe you need to read the article again, I dunno. But, that's the real deal. It's actually happening. They've seized control of an entire town and begun building their high dollar resort. And the citizens have been stripped of any say in the matter.

That, to me, is a nightmare.

Things like that aren't supposed to happen in this country. Especially from folks who babble incessantly about the evils of big government.

Looks like big, overbearing government to me.

Dave

Rex E.
04-07-2012, 05:09 PM
You can try and make everything an argument but I'm not arguing if you notice. Just stating that it really does not matter who is in office or won or lost. It's already happening.

I don't think folks find the idea of "right wingers" forcing their will on others as inconceivable or far fetched. The same goes for the left wing as they do the exact same thing of forcing what they want when possible.

BlueStreak
04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm not arguing either. Just stating what I see as fact. And I see that a whole lot of folks have been talked into voting a certain way out of distaste or fear of "big government"...........What was that Dobbs said? Two Wings of the same bird?

Like siding with the "good" cop because he treats you nice and promises you freedom. They both want to bust you................

I look to see who appears the most eager to get physical, to overtly usurp democracy and not even bother to be sly about it.....It says something.

Anyhow, this thread is about "Conspiracy Theories". And I fear the day someone just blatantly strips me of my most basic rights......Like the right to vote..............My theory is that one is no better than the other. Might even turn out to be worse, in the end.

Dave

Rex E.
04-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Yup!...my father just spent a week here (He's 78 now and spent most of my life in city management ), We had many discussions about the blatant lack of even trying to hide what is going on by either side of that bird you mentioned.

Scary times we are looking at, scary times indeed.

BlueStreak
04-07-2012, 07:25 PM
You got that right.

Charles
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't figure on seeing too many tanks in Bugtussell.

Chas

BlueStreak
04-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I've been reading about that town for the last couple hours........

Gawd, what a dump. Turns out no one was voting anyways. 10,000 residents, last Mayoral election less than 700 turned out. One city official won with a unanimous vote of 68.......
The city has lost over 50% of it's population since 1987. Nearly half of the remaining are unemployed.

No doubt that place needed fixin'.

Here's the rub;

The redevelopment is well under way. But, nearly all of the labor being used is coming from elsewhere. So, it really hasn't done much to relieve the local unemployment issues at all. The town is still largely---a dump. With a nice brand new golf course on it's west side.

BTW; The "emergency financial manager" was sent by Gov. Granholm (D). But, the changes to the law allowing him "dictatorial powers" were signed into law by the current Republican governor. (Whose name escapes me at the moment.)

Just so yuz know I'm not always talkin' out my ass. Occasionally, I do actually research things.;)

Dave

Rex E.
04-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I've been reading about that town for the last couple hours........

Gawd, what a dump. Turns out no one was voting anyways. 10,000 residents, last Mayoral election less than 700 turned out. One city official won with a unanimous vote of 68.......
The city has lost over 50% of it's population since 1987. Nearly half of the remaining are unemployed.

No doubt that place needed fixin'.

Here's the rub;

The redevelopment is well under way. But, nearly all of the labor being used is coming from elsewhere. So, it really hasn't done much to relieve the local unemployment issues at all. The town is still largely---a dump. With a nice brand new golf course on it's west side.

BTW; The "emergency financial manager" was sent by Gov. Granholm (D). But, the changes to the law allowing him "dictatorial powers" were signed into law by the current Republican governor. (Whose name escapes me at the moment.)

Just so yuz know I'm not always talkin' out my ass. Occasionally, I do actually research things.;)

Dave

LOL!

From the sounds of it there is not much of a pool to get labor from unless it was all just unskilled.

finnbow
04-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Heaven is where:

The police are British
The mechanics are German
The cooks are French
The lovers are Italian
The teenagers are Japanese
The movie makers are American
The musicians are Russian
The women are Swedish
And the whole thing is organized by the Swiss;

Hell is where:

The police are German
The mechanics are French
The cooks are British
The lovers are Swiss
The teenagers are American
The movie makers are Japanese
The musicians are Swedish
The women are Russian
And the whole thing is organized by the Italians...

BlueStreak
04-08-2012, 05:17 PM
LOL! Good stuff, Finn!

Dave

Rex E.
04-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Heaven is where:

The police are British
The mechanics are German
The cooks are French
The lovers are Italian
The women are Swedish

Hell is where:

The police are German
The mechanics are French
The cooks are British
The lovers are Swiss
The women are Russian

In heaven there is no beer, that why we drink it here.............

electronjohn
04-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Dave

They wouldn't even need to be so overt. Just engineer another "economic collapse"...run everyone out of their homes and take over through a fait accompli.

BlueStreak
04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
They wouldn't even need to be so overt. Just engineer another "economic collapse"...run everyone out of their homes and take over through a fait accompli.

Stemming from the previous administrations "Ownership Society", in which we were promised more American families would be able to realize the dream of home ownership? (Among other things.) Yeah, that could fit into the scenario quite nicely. Then, of course, it becomes necessary to declare an emergency and institute "economic marshall law".;)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20042299-503544.html

Now, some might point to Gerald Celentes theory and his allegations of who is behind it........But Who is running with the ball? Why Gov. Snyder (R-MI), of course.

Dave

Rex E.
04-09-2012, 06:13 PM

What better reason to be for banning firearms, eh! :rolleyes:

Bigerik
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Yeah, cause all those firearms sure have been making your lives better. Helped lots through the economic collapse too!

Rex E.
04-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah, cause all those firearms sure have been making your lives better. Helped lots through the economic collapse too!

Mine surely have made mine and my families lives better while also helping in the conservation of wildlife in my country.

I know quite a few folks feeding their families with them in these tough economic times.

Those damn Germans did pretty well without them though in the late 30's, eh :rolleyes:

BlueStreak
04-09-2012, 07:17 PM

So, when the Sheriff comes around to tell you it's time to go......

Just stick a gun in his face?

Most folks would rather just walk away.
That's what goes on outside the Hollywood fantasy.

Dave

Rex E.
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
So, when the Sheriff comes around to tell you it's time to go......

Just stick a gun in his face?

Most folks would rather just walk away.
That's what goes on outside the Hollywood fantasy.

Dave

That's what they are hoping for!

Continue to fall inline and do as you are told.

As referenced above...read up on Germany in the late 30's

BlueStreak
04-09-2012, 07:27 PM

A friend of mine just left her boyfriend a few weeks ago;

She told me, "He wanted me to cook whatever disgusting dead thing he dragged in the door. He thinks he's Grizzly fuckin' Adams or something. I could see it if we were broke and hungry, but we're not. He's just living some kind of crazy fantasy."

Back home, I know a lot of guys like that. One of the reasons I never went back. My brother once told me, "If you don't hunt you aint shit." I replied, "Yeah. Until your truck breaks down, you no mechanical aptitude having dipshit."

Dave

BlueStreak
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
That's what they are hoping for!

Continue to fall inline and do as you are told.

As referenced above...read up on Germany in the late 30's

Relax, Rex. This is the Conspiracy "Theory" forum. It's not serious. We're just havin' fun, dreamin' up a fiction novel here.

Christ..... don't bust a vein on me, now.

Dave

Rex E.
04-09-2012, 07:33 PM

She told me, "He wanted me to cook whatever disgusting dead thing he dragged in the door. He thinks he's Grizzly fuckin' Adams or something. I could see it if we were broke and hungry, but we're not. He's just living some kind of crazy fantasy."

Back home, I know a lot of guys like that. One of the reasons I never went back. My brother once told me, "If you don't hunt you aint shit." I replied, "Yeah. Until your truck breaks down, you no mechanical aptitude having dipshit."

Dave

Seems to me trucks have only existed for a bit over 100 years. Wonder how dipshits ever made it before then.

Pretty sure hunting's been around for....hell, I'm just a dipshit, you seem to know every goddamn thing Dave so please tell me how long folks have been hunting?

Rex E.
04-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Relax, Rex. This is the Conspiracy "Theory" forum. It's not serious. We're just havin' fun, dreamin' up a fiction novel here.

Christ..... don't bust a vein on me, now.

Dave

Strikes a nerve with me when folks that rely on wal mart for their everything in their lives bash on others because they can and will fend for themselves

BlueStreak
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Strikes a nerve with me when folks that rely on wal mart for their everything in their lives bash on others because they can and will fend for themselves

And then talk trash about others as if we have no purpose, Rex. Did you read what my asshole brother said to me? Was I supposed to kiss his ass for saying that?

Go live in your cave and hunt critters all you want, I really don't care, it's your right to live as you chose.

I prefer the civilized world, and I'll use my skills to help keep it running as long as I can. If it ever collapses as bad as you Grizzly Adams types seem to think (Hope?) it will, then I don't want to be around anymore. Screw that.

Understand me, now?

Dave

Rex E.
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM
And then talk trash about others as if we have no purpose, Rex. Did you read what my asshole brother said to me? Was I supposed to kiss his ass for saying that?

Go live in your cave and hunt critters all you want, I really don't care, it's your right to live as you chose.

I prefer the civilized world, and I'll use my skills to help keep it running as long as I can. If it ever collapses as bad as you Grizzly Adams types seem to think (Hope?) it will, then I don't want to be around anymore. Screw that.

Understand me, now?

Dave

And now I'm a grizzly adams type living in a cave hoping everything goes to hell. Let's stop at hoping eh Dave, why not just say I'm doing my part to make sure it does.

I'm getting a much better understanding all the time.

BlueStreak
04-09-2012, 08:22 PM
No, you not. You're WAY off the mark and not getting what I'm trying to say....at all.

Either that, or you're fuckin' with me.

Dave

Rex E.
04-09-2012, 08:36 PM
No, you not. You're WAY off the mark and not getting what I'm trying to say....at all.

Either that, or you're fuckin' with me.

Dave

Maybe a little of both.....;)

bhunter
04-10-2012, 12:49 AM
The cooks are British
The lovers are Swiss
The women are Russian

That stuff is excellent Finn. Stereotypes usually have a modicum of truth behind them.

bhunter
04-10-2012, 12:37 PM

She told me, "He wanted me to cook whatever disgusting dead thing he dragged in the door. He thinks he's Grizzly fuckin' Adams or something"

Dave

Lately I've been eyeballing the doves sitting on the power line. If I could manage to kill about ten, I'd put them in the Crockpot, then again, I'm not certain that I'd want to eat urban birds. Oh well, now I'm left with a yearning for wild rice.

piece-itpete
04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
My wife feeds the small animals in my backyard, about 15 feet off the back of the house, and occasionally we get miniflocks of doves. I've often thought about it, I know they're grain fed :)

Pete

BlueStreak
04-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Lately I've been eyeballing the doves sitting on the power line. If I could manage to kill about ten, I'd put them in the Crockpot, then again, I'm not certain that I'd want to eat urban birds. Oh well, now I'm left with a yearning for wild rice.

Well, good luck in foraging for the rice......at your neighborood grocer, I'm sure. Perhaps you'll encounter a Moose along the way, shoot him and skin him right in the middle of Balboa Avenue during rush hour.......:rolleyes:

Charles
04-10-2012, 04:44 PM

I fried up a jackrabbit once. It was so tough that my old dog, a sheperd and lab mix, couldn't even eat it.

In my estimation, it was like trying to eat a tire.

Chas

Charles
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
When the SHTF, I've got a plan.

Hell, I'm gonna eat people.

Chas

BlueStreak
04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Me too.

I have a SHTF kit.

It's a bottle of 18 year Speyside Single Malt Scotch and a razor blade.

Combwork
04-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Heaven is where:

The police are British
The mechanics are German
The cooks are French
The lovers are Italian
The women are Swedish

Hell is where:

The police are German
The mechanics are French
The cooks are British
The lovers are Swiss
The women are Russian

"The movie makers are American" You are joking of course. What about the original Godzilla films?

As to Made In The U.S.A. that godawful hash made of "The War Of The Worlds" (both versions) were good for special effects, but so is AVATAR.

Now if someone were to make a version of War Of The Worlds that had more than a passing resemblance to the book by H.G. Wells it could be exceptional. Good plot, well written; it wouldn't even need the kind of special effects budget capable of making a bankers lips tremble.

Charles
04-12-2012, 06:35 AM
"The movie makers are American" You are joking of course. What about the original Godzilla films?

As to Made In The U.S.A. that godawful hash made of "The War Of The Worlds" (both versions) were good for special effects, but so is AVATAR.

Now if someone were to make a version of War Of The Worlds that had more than a passing resemblance to the book by H.G. Wells it could be exceptional. Good plot, well written; it wouldn't even need the kind of special effects budget capable of making a bankers lips tremble.

Gogzilly always looked like a rubber lizard to me. I think the Japs were faking it.

Chas

bobabode
04-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Well, good luck in foraging for the rice......at your neighborood grocer, I'm sure. Perhaps you'll encounter a Moose along the way, shoot him and skin him right in the middle of Balboa Avenue during rush hour.......:rolleyes:

That's some funny shit Dave. To think I've been avoiding 'conspiracy corner' just like I avoid 'politics & religion', (same thing to my way of thinking) I've been missing out!:D

BlueStreak
04-12-2012, 03:25 PM

That's some funny shit Dave. To think I've been avoiding 'conspiracy corner' just like I avoid 'politics & religion', (same thing to my way of thinking) I've been missing out!:D

Any current or former San Diego resident is well aquainted with the wild rice paddies of San Diego, especially around the Imperial Beach area. The Moose and Springbok hunting at Grossmont Center is exceptional this time of year.:rolleyes:

Dave

barbara
04-12-2012, 09:59 PM
When the SHTF, I've got a plan.

Hell, I'm gonna eat people.

Chas

According to Jonathan Swift in his Modest Proposal, that would help the recession as well.

bhunter
04-13-2012, 05:44 PM

Hell no. Balboa gets too crazy during rush hour. A poor guy fell off his bicycle and IIRC four or five cars hit him before one stopped. There are still quite a number of lawn rats in the canyons. The damn doves on the powerline crap on my car and cause a disturbance in the power feeding my amps—I can barely tell but I know there is a difference, albeit, not measurable.

BlueStreak
04-13-2012, 08:08 PM
I got shot in the ass while riding my bicycle on Balboa Avenue. It was just a graze but, HOLY COW did that hurt!!!!! They never did catch the dirtbag that shot me and I never saw him. Probably a local neighbohood watch who found Lycra pants menacing.:p

TheAmericanB
04-22-2012, 01:28 PM
I know that from what I have seen as proof is fema death camps with thousands and thousands of plastic coffins that fema has as well as large camps with barbwire fences to keep people in not out. Ive also seen a few videos of troops here in american towns setting up block aids and searching peoples houses and cars they say its a training exercise but breaking the law by searching cars and houses is one hell of a exercise. There has also been alot of things going on lately with occupy wall street and Trevon to much more and they will get what they want a justified reason to do the things you talk of. Oh yea one hell of a ramp up of ammunition and weapons from homeland security what would they need all that fire power for

finnbow
04-22-2012, 01:31 PM
I know that from what I have seen as proof is fema death camps with thousands and thousands of plastic coffins that fema has as well as large camps with barbwire fences to keep people in not out. Ive also seen a few videos of troops here in american towns setting up block aids and searching peoples houses and cars they say its a training exercise but breaking the law by searching cars and houses is one hell of a exercise. There has also been alot of things going on lately with occupy wall street and Trevon to much more and they will get what they want a justified reason to do the things you talk of. Oh yea one hell of a ramp up of ammunition and weapons from homeland security what would they need all that fire power for

Lay off the acid, man.:cool: Let's see some of your "proof" of FEMA death camps.

TheAmericanB
04-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Obamacare is not the answer to the healthcare problem it would not work itll just make this country more in debt than ever obama has already doubled the defecate i guess hes just gonna keep going

merrylander
04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Obamacare is not the answer to the healthcare problem it would not work itll just make this country more in debt than ever obama has already doubled the defecate i guess hes just gonna keep going

No shit?:p

TheAmericanB
04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Lay off the acid, man.:cool: Let's see some of your "proof" of FEMA death camps.
take a look at fema coffins on you tube and look up homeland security buying large amounts of ammo or how bout the ramp up of troops in California that might be to go over seas i am not sure if anything is gonna happen im not saying there is i was just answering a question but the fact obama just got the power to enact martial law reestablished and he didnt need to seems as tho hes getting his ducks in a row before he pulls the trigger oh yea he can also control energy, gas, and the supply of food in this time as well as reenact the draft. What does he need to reenact that for if he doesn't intend to use it.

noonereal
04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
lycra pants

:D lol

finnbow
04-22-2012, 02:09 PM
take a look at fema coffins on you tube and look up homeland security buying large amounts of ammo or how bout the ramp up of troops in California that might be to go over seas i am not sure if anything is gonna happen im not saying there is i was just answering a question but the fact obama just got the power to enact martial law reestablished and he didnt need to seems as tho hes getting his ducks in a row before he pulls the trigger oh yea he can also control energy, gas, and the supply of food in this time as well as reenact the draft. What does he need to reenact that for if he doesn't intend to use it.

Did you finish elementary school English yet?

BlueStreak
04-22-2012, 02:35 PM

List something the government HASN'T been able to do for decades.....

....or go crawl back into your bunker and hide.

budgetaudio6
05-19-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/035649_DHS_ammunition_domestic_war.html

d-ray657
05-19-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/035649_DHS_ammunition_domestic_war.html

OMG!!! I'm going to start building my bunker right now. :eek:

:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
05-19-2012, 10:34 PM
OMG!!! I'm going to start building my bunker right now. :eek:

:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

Perhaps you should buy a .40 as well.

There will be plenty of ammo floating around.

Chas

d-ray657
05-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Perhaps you should buy a .40 as well.

There will be plenty of ammo floating around.

Chas

I don't know whether I would be more dangerous with a .40 or a table-saw.

Regards,

D-Ray

budgetaudio6
05-19-2012, 11:27 PM
so, is the dhs buying that much ammo, so we can save money on the next batch we buy for target practice...scratcehs hairless chin...:D Why would a government agency that is not the army buy that much....maybe they wanna train snipers? So they equip. them with 40 cal and expect tehm to kill within a 3/4 mile? :D

Charles
05-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't know whether I would be more dangerous with a .40 or a table-saw.

Regards,

D-Ray

To tell the truth, I've seen more damage done with caulking guns than actual firearms.

Chas

budgetaudio6
05-19-2012, 11:35 PM
ok, ok, maybe they wnt their snipers to take people out at ten feet. Big feat. They better have the right scopes...considering how dopey tsa has been.

Charles
05-19-2012, 11:35 PM
so, is the dhs buying that much ammo, so we can save money on the next batch we buy for target practice...scratcehs hairless chin...:D Why would a government agency that is not the army buy that much....maybe they wanna train snipers? So they equip. them with 40 cal and expect tehm to kill within a 3/4 mile? :D

I'll drink to that.

Don't know if I can drink enough to decipher it without passing out colder than a wedge, but I'll give it a try.

Chas

budgetaudio6
05-19-2012, 11:39 PM
A 40 cal is not considered a long range calibur. Are they buying that much so we can save on 40 cal ammo we buy from surplus...you know considering its the govmint buying that much and what do they need it for? holding up the 4 yr old girl at gun point as they feel her up? Making sure alll their agents have enough ammo not to get roughed up as they are "searching?"

BlueStreak
05-19-2012, 11:48 PM
So, now the government is molesting four year old girls?

You know, I saw four DHS agents at "El Camino Real*" last night, sitting across from me. I know this, because some of them were wearing the badge on a necklace things with the DHS logo on them. They were all carrying sidearms. Military? No. But, it is a "security" agency. Doesn't really surprise me that they pack heat as such. I didn't find it alarming at all. But, then, this is a military town. Seeing uniforms and sidearm toting government employees is commonplace.

(*Currently the most kick ass Mexican eatery in town.)

budgetaudio6
05-19-2012, 11:56 PM
havent you seen where they had to feel up a girl because it was in their criteria? some thing like a after a certain number pass they have to do a complete search. Even a child in a wheel chair they had to detain to search...even granny. What gives?

BlueStreak
05-20-2012, 12:09 AM
havent you seen where they had to feel up a girl because it was in their criteria? some thing like a after a certain number pass they have to do a complete search. Even a child in a wheel chair they had to detain to search...even granny. What gives?

I take it you're referring to the TSA?

I guess it's because anyone could be a terrorist, or a mule. Even kids and old people. We have had a few non-Arab bad guys pop up and any war veteran can tell you that some of our enemies will not hesitate to use children as human missles. My own brother told us in a very chilling way that he himself had shot children in Vietnam. He had no choice, he had seen boobytrapped kids explode, it became a matter of survival. (Where's Big Bill? He might be able to shed some light here.)

budgetaudio6
05-20-2012, 12:13 AM
yeah the tsa...got your drift. but why so much ammo...for a national force now.

BlueStreak
05-20-2012, 12:29 AM
yeah the tsa...got your drift. but why so much ammo...for a national force now.

Honestly, I don't know. But, I still don't believe it's part of any plan by Barrack Obama to seize control. If he loses in November, he will walk away and fade into history like all the rest of them.......Well, 'cept for Jimmy. That old geezer just doesn't know when to quit meddling. If anyone has tried to be "president for life", it would be Jimmy.:rolleyes:

budgetaudio6
05-20-2012, 12:43 AM
we will never know what the heck is going on. That is why there is this awesome thread on a...i mean politicalchat! I like it. Count the days till im right...:D And when the time comes we can band together in the high arctic, near greenland. By then we can use our magnetic honing skills learnd from the gov. bombarding us....:D

d-ray657
05-20-2012, 12:50 AM
A 40 cal is not considered a long range calibur. Are they buying that much so we can save on 40 cal ammo we buy from surplus...you know considering its the govmint buying that much and what do they need it for? holding up the 4 yr old girl at gun point as they feel her up? Making sure alll their agents have enough ammo not to get roughed up as they are "searching?"

Somebody is sh#tfaced again. :rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
05-20-2012, 02:55 AM

That would probably depend on the ballistic coefficient, and the velocity at which the projectile is launched. A .40 BTS fitted to a case which maximized it's potential would definitely be considered a long range cartridge.

The military currently uses both the .338 Lapua and the .50 BMG cartridges for their sniper weapons. A .40 would fall somewhere in between.

The .40 S&W handgun cartridge is very popular with law enforcement agencies, although I doubt that it is any more effective than a .357 Mag or the .45 ACP. Not so sure that it offers much of an advantage over the .38 Super, which has been around forever.

IMHO, simply another solution looking for a problem.

Kind of like hiring more stupid cops for cheap, instead of hiring smarter cops and paying them what they deserve.

Best I can tell, we ain't hurting for cops. We're asshole deep in 'em.

Chas

budgetaudio6
05-20-2012, 04:35 AM
the 40 cal will stop a bear of a man. just, it wont kill a bear. a 45 will.and neither are considered armor piercing. or am i ill informed. Im referring to hollow point bullets as that is what the govmint is buying.

merrylander
05-20-2012, 07:18 AM
What in hell are they putting in the drinking water? Has everyone gone nuts?

BlueStreak
05-20-2012, 05:23 PM
It's not the water, it's the media and internet.

And, yes, everyone has gone nuts.

BlueStreak
05-20-2012, 05:25 PM
the 40 cal will stop a bear of a man. just, it wont kill a bear. a 45 will.and neither are considered armor piercing. or am i ill informed. Im referring to hollow point bullets as that is what the govmint is buying.

So, you would have the government buy the best weaponry and ammo available?

Aren't you they guy who fears the government is coming after you?

noonereal
05-20-2012, 05:27 PM

lol ;)

piece-itpete
05-21-2012, 09:11 AM

ROTFLMAO!! Awesome Rob!

Pete

budgetaudio6
06-05-2012, 08:57 PM
no. Why should they buy ammo that tears apart at anything solid.?

Any kind of army should be buying weapons that will pierce through armor... or we can take them buying millions in hollow points as the lefts agenda to waste american money? Hey everyone, surplus in hollow points in ten years! Nother point of saving the public some money! BUy dollar for dollar, tehn sell at 5 cents on the dollar! or what ever surplus sale prices they use... It was your money that bought the ammo in the first place.

Rex E.
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Where is that popcorn smiley?

d-ray657
06-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I see that my advice about proof-reading posts has gone to waste.

Regards,

D-Ray

Rex E.
06-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Having a bit of understanding of what you speak is important also.

There is a reason to buy hollow points as opposed to NATO sanctioned rounds...

budgetaudio6
06-06-2012, 10:24 PM
hmm, you shoot at some one. and they are wearing body armor. And the hollow point breaks apart. With no penetration? And all they get is a punch in the chest. If govmint is at his toes, they have the troops wearing body armor. Sure there are some head shots, rare. And troops shoot to kill. Upper body shot. Lungs and hearts being what they are.

BlueStreak
06-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Somebody is sh#tfaced again. :rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

lol ;)

Where is that popcorn smiley?

I see that my advice about proof-reading posts has gone to waste.

Regards,

D-Ray

Having a bit of understanding of what you speak is important also.

There is a reason to buy hollow points as opposed to NATO sanctioned rounds...

I see I'm not the only one.

Dave

mezz
06-07-2012, 06:47 AM
From talking to liberals over the last day or two you;d think that Scott Walker not being recalled was (and is) their worst nightmare. "Democracy died today!!! boohoohoohoo!!!!"

I can't wait to see the aftermath of Obama getting his head handed to him in November. I'm starting to invest heavily in mental health clinics.

merrylander
06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
From talking to liberals over the last day or two you;d think that Scott Walker not being recalled was (and is) their worst nightmare. "Democracy died today!!! boohoohoohoo!!!!"

I can't wait to see the aftermath of Obama getting his head handed to him in November. I'm starting to invest heavily in mental health clinics.

If Obama loses and Romney wins you woulld be better off investing in some Cayman Island property. Austerity programs are killing Europe and if implemented here will do the same for this country. But you knew that.:p

finnbow
06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
If Obama loses and Romney wins you woulld be better off investing in some Cayman Island property. Austerity programs are killing Europe and if implemented here will do the same for this country. But you knew that.:p

While I'm not a Romney supporter (nor really an Obama supporter), I think it could be argued that Romney may do better as President because the rabble-rousing GOP House will be forced to go along with any tough medicine he proposes (akin to the Bowles-Simpson proposal) because they simply cannot oppose a newly elected President of their own party after making a case that his election was essential to saving the economy.

While this certainly reflects the cynicism of the GOP House membership who opposed everything Obama has suggested and would likely agree to the identical proposals made by Romney, it does remain a consideration.

merrylander
06-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Alan Simpson himself said that had Obama tried to implement their report he would have been skinned alive, and he is noted for syaing exactly what he thinks. The GOP would never implement the tax reform Bowles-Simpson called for because it would raise taxes on their wealthy friends and Super Grover would be displeased.

mezz
06-07-2012, 09:22 AM
While this certainly reflects the cynicism of the GOP House membership who opposed everything Obama has suggested and would likely agree to the identical proposals made by Romney, it does remain a consideration.

Obama had his way with congress for 2 years... and we saw where Obama's initiatives had gotten us to that point. Congress has just put some checks (brakes) on a runaway train. Of course Mr. Romney might have a leg up in the implementation department... he simply has to. Obama's been absolutely dismal there. Try selling some ideas to the American people Mr. arrogant and aloof, I mean Obama.

Boreas
06-07-2012, 10:28 AM

I haven't been reading the post about Wisconsin but my take on it is that the Democratic party blew a golden opportunity in not getting involved. Walker was dead meat 6 months ago but tens of millions of dollars from right wing fat cats and heavy participation by the RNC, all of it unanswered by the Dems, turned things around. It's Citizens United vs. DNC ineptitude.

Of course, the fact that Walker's been collecting money for a year and Barrett couldn't start until he won his primary only a month ago. The recall process in Wisconsin is seriously flawed, biased in favor of the incumbent.

Well, recall didn't work. Maybe impeachment will after more revelations come forward in the "John Doe" investigation.

BlueStreak
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I haven't been reading the post about Wisconsin but my take on it is that the Democratic party blew a golden opportunity in not getting involved. Walker was dead meat 6 months ago but tens of millions of dollars from right wing fat cats and heavy participation by the RNC, all of it unanswered by the Dems, turned things around. It's Citizens United vs. DNC ineptitude.

Of course, the fact that Walker's been collecting money for a year and Barrett couldn't start until he won his primary only a month ago. The recall process in Wisconsin is seriously flawed, biased in favor of the incumbent.

Well, recall didn't work. Maybe impeachment will after more revelations come forward in the "John Doe" investigation.

Yep. That's about right. As I see it, that's the problem with the Democratic party in general.....follow through. Especially the president, who seems to think that once he says something, (Or signs a bill) that it's just going to magically happen.:rolleyes: The GOP is definately more cohesive and determined. Unfortunately, their backwards vision for America that reads like some 1950s propaganda film...........sucks.

Dave

budgetaudio6
06-07-2012, 10:50 PM
question is who writes the bill that needs to be passed? Am i being ignorant?

mezz
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
In the words of your eloquent leader, this is a teaching moment for democrats. The public has had enough of unfair politics and allowing the people they elect to be recalled on an opportunist and partisan whim rather than voted out of office like it is supposed to work. The people of Wisconsin understand that everyone needs to take some medicine to get the financial health of the state back on track. Tolerating a lot of union b.s. has fallen out of fashion and that's trouble for the democrats.

Make up all the excuses you like to avoid facing the truth, but people vote with their wallets. You lost this election twice. Nobody was much interested in supporting shenanigans as usual in Wisconsin when their governor has been making the tough calls to turn the state around... and it has apparently been working. People near the edges and on the fences are abandoning the fight. They don't have a heart in this election.

This fall the pundits may all be looking back to the Wisconsin recall vote as having been a bellweather for Obama's defeat and whatever losses the dems suffer in congress.

I'd be scared if I were you.

d-ray657
06-07-2012, 11:33 PM
In the words of your eloquent leader, this is a teaching moment for democrats. The public has had enough of unfair politics and allowing the people they elect to be recalled on an opportunist and partisan whim rather than voted out of office like it is supposed to work. The people of Wisconsin understand that everyone needs to take some medicine to get the financial health of the state back on track. Tolerating a lot of union b.s. has fallen out of fashion and that's trouble for the democrats.

Make up all the excuses you like to avoid facing the truth, but people vote with their wallets. You lost this election twice. Nobody was much interested in supporting shenanigans as usual in Wisconsin when their governor has been making the tough calls to turn the state around... and it has apparently been working. People near the edges and on the fences are abandoning the fight. They don't have a heart in this election.

This fall the pundits may all be looking back to the Wisconsin recall vote as having been a bellweather for Obama's defeat and whatever losses the dems suffer in congress.

The polling results seem to reflect that it was more of a case of the recall losing than Walker winning. A significant portion of the voters said that the recall should be used only for serious misconduct. I wonder how many of that group were aware of his current legal troubles.

In retrospect, it appears that the folks in Ohio had a better way of going about correcting the governor's overreach. Not sure if the initiative petition is available in Wisconsin for pieces of legislation, however.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
06-07-2012, 11:50 PM

You're watching too much Current TV Mezz. You are truly getting warped watching that junk. Thorazine might help you....:p

bobabode
06-07-2012, 11:57 PM

You're ignoring one little bit of pertinent information. The voters in Wisconsin handed the State Senate back to the Democrats. Sorry to pop your bubble but Walker has had his day and won't be able to continue on his wacky crusade of bending the unions over a barrel...try Valium or Placidyl for what ails you.:D

BlueStreak
06-08-2012, 02:23 AM
question is who writes the bill that needs to be passed? Am i being ignorant?

Always.

Boreas
06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
You're ignoring one little bit of pertinent information. The voters in Wisconsin handed the State Senate back to the Democrats.

But it might flip back in November. The Democrats only have a 1 seat majority now and there is at least one seated Democrat who will probably lose come the fall.

John

bobabode
06-08-2012, 11:16 AM
But it might flip back in November. The Democrats only have a 1 seat majority now and there is at least one seated Democrat who will probably lose come the fall.

John

I hope not. :mad:

bobabode
06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
It would be nice for the Prez to drop in to Madison to show some solidarity with Wisconsins democrats while stumping this fall.

I happened to agree with one of DJs posts as wacked as that sounds although for different reasons, of that you can be sure.:rolleyes:

The Prez rightly didn't show up for the recall campaign. No matter that the out of state big money poured in by many magnitudes over what was gathered by the pro recall forces. Obama took the high road during the recall and didn't meddle in an attempt by Wisconsins to redress the wrongs being commited against them by their governor.

The wingnuts took it as a sign of weakness but that's just how they view ethics in government. Winner take all politics has no room for such considerations and constraints. No surprise there given that Grover Nordquist is their hero.

piece-itpete
06-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Deserting one of his core constituencies is the 'high road'? :confused:

Pete

Wasillaguy
06-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I have a hard time buying that the Prez doesn't want to meddle in state affairs, given that he's more than willing to jump right in to other very small issues he has no place in, such as the beer summit.

Boreas
06-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I have a hard time buying that the Prez doesn't want to meddle in state affairs, given that he's more than willing to jump right in to other very small issues he has no place in, such as the beer summit.

The "beer summit"? You're kidding, right? :confused:

John

Boreas
06-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Deserting one of his core constituencies is the 'high road'? :confused:

Pete

You'd rather he publicly supported the recall despite his conviction that the governor's actions didn't meet the standards set forth in the WI law? I'd consider that a principled decision, something Republican politicians have precious little acquaintance with.

By the way, that seems to be the opinion of a significant percentage of Wisconsin voters so, in that sense, Walker didn't win. Recall lost.

John