PDA

View Full Version : Hello From The Bluest State ...Let's Alf Landon Romney!

icenine
04-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi,
My name is Robin.
Retired Navy born in Lorain, Ohio grew up in Vermilion now I live and work in Southern California. I am a lifelong Democrat who sort of misses the Republican Party of Eisenhower, Nixon and Reagan. At least those guys did not want to destroy govermment as we know it. I voted for Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, John Kerry and Barack Obama when I was not too busy either partying in college or on the high seas in the Navy. I have a Master of Arts degree in History from Ohio University and I did a tour in Iraq back in 2004. I am the guy with the Mr Mind avatar over at AK if you have been over there for awhile. At least I wont be getting any posts shut down over here lol.
Lets give Obama a landslide victory! It is going to be 1936 all over again for the Donkeys................I hope lol:D

Oerets
04-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Welcome aboard!

My oldest was out your way on the Nimitz and went over to the gulf in 2003 IIRC.

Barney

BlueStreak
04-06-2012, 03:29 AM
Welcome aboard, Squidly!

I was Navy, 1982-1986. Airdale, AME2, VF-21, NAS Miramar, San Diego, USS Coral Sea, USS Constellation. Also born and raised in Ohio. Newton Falls, about 20 miles Northwest of Youngstown.

Dave

JJIII
04-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the fray!

merrylander
04-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the funny farm!

d-ray657
04-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Welcome, and thanks for your service.

I am starting to be a bit concerned that this board is being infiltrated by Californians. Did BHunter start this conspiracy? :rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
04-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Don I somehow doubt BH would encourage a Democrat to join.:D

bobabode
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM

I am starting to be a bit concerned that this board is being infiltrated by Californians. Did BHunter start this conspiracy? :rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

where we lead y'all will follow:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
04-06-2012, 02:22 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

where we lead y'all will follow:rolleyes:

"Unfortunately, what starts in California tends to spread east."---Pres. Jimmy Carter :p

Dave

icenine
04-06-2012, 09:14 PM
thanks everyone for the warm welcome...i will be on the lookout for the sarcam smiley!
btw evertime i see the BlueStreak I am reminded of the old roller coaster at Cedar Point,
which is probably as old as me lol

BlueStreak
04-06-2012, 09:19 PM
thanks everyone for the warm welcome...i will be on the lookout for the sarcam smiley!
btw evertime i see the BlueStreak I am reminded of the old roller coaster at Cedar Point,
which is probably as old as me lol

And the Corkscrew......I was there for the opening of the first Imax theater. How old am I?

Pete will probably chime in on Monday, he's in Cleveland.

Dave

icenine
04-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I would put the Corkscrew around 1973 or so...perhaps the Imax at about 1975....I worked at Cedar Point the summers of 1984 and 85 while I was in college. I must have rode the Bluestreak and the other coasters a dozen of times on my days off...The Gemini is ok but it did not rattle your bones like the Streak.The best way to ride the Bluestreak is in the back car without the seatbelt! Is it still there I have not been there since 1986.....

BlueStreak
04-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah, mid-seventies. I would have been 10-12 years old. Long time ago.

Dave

djv8ga
04-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, mid-seventies. I would have been 10-12 years old. Long time ago.

Dave
I think both of you Leftys need to be put on Spinout for a couple of hours. :D