PDA

View Full Version : But before I go

Charles
09-18-2009, 05:18 PM
http://wildcat.arizona.edu/opinions/liberals-let-s-admit-our-own-hypocrisy-1.472801

I kinda like this...fer a lib.

He gets it.

Paging Noon, paging Noon....

In a week, buddy,

Chas

noonereal
09-19-2009, 06:12 AM
The kid will grow and learn. He should be reading my book not writing one for me however.

You going away for a week?

You OK?

Business?

merrylander
09-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Safe trip.

Charles
09-26-2009, 03:43 PM
The kid will grow and learn. He should be reading my book not writing one for me however.

You going away for a week?

You OK?

Business?

Business...nah, fishing trip.

And it was great! Cold, windy, rained 6 days out of seven, boat caught on fire, little dog puked all over my truck seat, and all I caught was a 4" bluegill and a rock. But it was a damn nice rock, liked to never wenched it into the boat.

Only downside was my wife hooked something (acted like an 'eye), didn't put up much of a fight until she got it close to the surface. Then it went straight down, stripping line, and actually snapped the 14 test braided line we use. It's almost impossible to break that stuff. I felt so sorry for her.

Chas

noonereal
09-26-2009, 05:59 PM

And it was great! Cold, windy, rained 6 days out of seven, boat caught on fire, little dog puked all over my truck seat, and all I caught was a 4" bluegill and a rock. But it was a damn nice rock, liked to never wenched it into the boat.

Only downside was my wife hooked something (acted like an 'eye), didn't put up much of a fight until she got it close to the surface. Then it went straight down, stripping line, and actually snapped the 14 test braided line we use. It's almost impossible to break that stuff. I felt so sorry for her.

Chas

Great to have you back!

Glad you were able to get away for some fishin'.

Twodogs
09-26-2009, 06:40 PM

Chas

Welcome back mang, I've been trying to keep these boys straight by myself, but I sure could use some help. A couple of'em are sorta hard headed.:D

merrylander
09-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Welcome back, too bad about the catch.

Charles
09-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Welcome back, too bad about the catch.

Actually, it was a fair bite considering the conditions. Wife caught plenty of fish, several nice crappies 13-14", only got skunked one day.

We're long liners, the reason I didn't catch anything is because when the weather's rough I stay under the top and run the big motor, she handles the rods. It's a team effort, and I'm the boat driver simply because I'm more adept at following a contour. Besides, she gets a kick out of catching fish...and if she's happy, then I'm happy.

Chas

JJIII
09-27-2009, 09:41 AM
"...and if she's happy, then I'm happy."

Well, there you go!

spasmo55
09-28-2009, 10:28 AM

Chas

Sounds like big "Cat" or even Sturgeon if the water has them. Had my reels emptied by 'em fishing below the dams near Winona and Red Wing.

Lead-line trolling mite give their lips a jerk, and at least let you see what is breaking that braid.

Trollin', trollin', trollin
Walleye

Lakes and streams are swollen
Fingers nearly frozen
Walleye

Through wind and rainy weather
We're in this boat together
Six-packs, lures, and leeches by our side
I've been drownin' shiners
Searchin' with depth finders
Tryin' to get a big one on the line

Bait 'em up (cast 'em out)
Cast 'em out (bait 'em up)
Bait 'em up, cast 'em out
Walleye
Gut 'em out (fry 'em up)
Fry 'em up (gut 'em out)
Gut 'em out, fry 'em up
Walleye

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
We'll find out where they're schoolin'
Walleye

My heart's contemplatin'
A big fish that's awaitin'
Waitin' at the end of my line
Don't try to understand them
Just set the hook and land 'em
Soon, we'll be listenin' to 'em fry

Walleye
Gut 'em out (fry 'em up)
Fry 'em up (gut 'em out)
Gut 'em out, fry 'em up
Walleye

Walleye
Gut 'em out (fry 'em up)
Fry 'em up (gut 'em out)
Gut 'em out, fry 'em up
Walleye

Walleye:D:D

Sandy G
09-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Fishing was something I never got into...I could always think of 1001 things I SHOULDA been doing rather than that...And I just never had the patience, either...