PDA

View Full Version : Well, how 'bout this for "off topic"?

Fast_Eddie
09-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey guys,

This is the only forum I've ever been on where all the off topic topics are on topic. So now for something completely different.

Today was the last autocross for our region. I drove well and finished with a pretty good score. My wife drove with me and she did great!! I finished the season in second place in my class. I take *some* consolation in knowing that I beat the first place driver more often than not. In some complexity of scoring, well, I picked the wrong events to miss this summer.

All the same, I'm happy with my driving and hope to do even better next summer!

Take care,

Ed

Now you can get back to your on topic off topic discussions.

Sandy G
09-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Any pics ? Give yr wife a big hug-She needs it for indulging you in such a dangerous sport...(grin)

merrylander
09-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Congrats Eddie, to your lady also.

Charles
09-26-2009, 05:06 PM
You ride murder sickles? Fast????

You and your missus are far braver than myself.

Chas

Fast_Eddie
09-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Autocross, not motocross. I autocross my '91 Toyota MR2.

painter
09-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Autocross, not motocross. I autocross my '91 Toyota MR2.

Just curious Eddie...are you in a high risk health Ins. plan because of your hobby? A friends son raced and after a minor accident his Ins. tripled.

Fast_Eddie
09-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Just curious Eddie...are you in a high risk health Ins. plan because of your hobby? A friends son raced and after a minor accident his Ins. tripled.

Nope. Autocross is literally safer than driving down the highway. If I did have some sort of accident while autocrossing my auto insurance would not cover it.

painter
09-26-2009, 06:27 PM
I guess that explains the triple cost of friend Joan's son's Ins.
Thanks for sharing! :)