PDA

View Full Version : More horrible news!

BlueStreak
04-30-2012, 05:09 PM
My God, where does this end?

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2011/08/11/Jeep-expansion-to-add-1-100-jobs.html

All of this utter failure is so depressing. Must be a sign of the "double dip" we've been waiting three years for?

Dave

finnbow
04-30-2012, 05:19 PM
My God, where does this end?

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2011/08/11/Jeep-expansion-to-add-1-100-jobs.html

All of this utter failure is so depressing. Must be a sign of the "double dip" we've been waiting three years for?

Dave

I'm waiting for the GOP to go all ballistic as they did with the "Bin Laden is Dead, GM's Alive" truism that grabbed them by the balls.

Rex E.
04-30-2012, 06:50 PM
WTF...the people of Toledo get screwed by another big corporation with a tax abatement.....

And you are for this........... ;)

CarlV
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh no, not more jobs, union jobs at that, in Ohio? :(

Carl

Rex E.
05-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I see that Dave has run from this as he's always railing against corporate welfare but now seems to be in full agreement with it.

I'm sure the jobs created will trump his core values...(ie Flip-Flop)

piece-itpete
05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Ah the Blade. Nice smallish town thoroughly & unabashedly Dem rag.

Very good news though!

Interesting, no abatement numbers. It does say the state hasn't published details, but what about local? I'm not knee jerk anti-abatement but like to see how much per job we paid. I also see the union made concessions.

The Italians need the money :D

Pete

BlueStreak
05-02-2012, 08:45 AM
How many jobs were created in the last two years of the Bush administration?

piece-itpete
05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Once again, it is good news Dave ;) Little Toledo needs everything it can get.

Didn't like the Italian comment? I thought it was witty and nonpartisan :D

Pete

BlueStreak
05-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Once again, it is good news Dave ;) Little Toledo needs everything it can get.

Didn't like the Italian comment? I thought it was witty and nonpartisan :D

Pete

Why you gotta pick on the Eye-talians, Huh? Maybe I should send cousin Pawlie around to teach you some respect? You mook! Badda BING! I outta put some lead in yer ass, you! Get the f**k outta here!:p

piece-itpete
05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
LOL!

Things are kinda slow worldwide, perhaps we should invade Italy? :D

Pete

finnbow
05-02-2012, 09:22 AM
LOL!

Things are kinda slow worldwide, perhaps we should invade Italy? :D

Pete

Nah. They only oil they have is olive oil.;)

bobabode
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Nah. They only oil they have is olive oil.;)

Bio diesel smells umm-um good.:D Except for that KFC stuff.:rolleyes:

budgetaudio6
08-28-2012, 06:17 PM
:p pete im not so sure we should invade Italy. Other wise we will get addled with their debt...:p

piece-itpete
08-29-2012, 08:58 AM
LOL! But we could steal their cars :)

Pete

ebacon
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
That story warmed my heart. During my engineering days I was a Sr. Engineer for Jeep. The Toledo UAW crew was always a pleasure to work with. They hustled. The plant manager, Ed Mercer, had a reputation as gruff old school.

I only dealt with him directly one time and his gruffness made me feel like I was back in the 1950s. We needed to bring some non-union guys in to help with with a product launch. When I called Ed I told him what needed to be done and expected a few questions and answers. All he said was:

Don't piss off my union. Can you do that?

Yes sir.

Done.