PDA

View Full Version : The Calvary is comin', the Iranian calvary-that is.

bobabode
05-24-2012, 11:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/24/world/meast/iran-pirates/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3 A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

BlueStreak
05-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm guessing no one likes those pesky pirates. You know, the "enemy of my enemy" sort of deal.

piece-itpete
05-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Talk about your gunboat diplomacy :)

Pete

bobabode
05-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Do those crazy Iranians have anything bigger than a boston whaler?:D

d-ray657
05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
That report contained just about the least editorial comment of anything I have seen lately. Just the facts, ma'am.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
That report contained just about the least editorial comment of anything I have seen lately. Just the facts, ma'am.

Regards,

D-Ray

Mayhaps their ears are burning or they're worried about that label "opinion based news" that Dan Rather's throwing around lately.

BlueStreak
05-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Do those crazy Iranians have anything bigger than a boston whaler?:D

Yes, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_ships_of_the_Iranian_Navy

Looks like a couple Destroyers, a few Frigates and several Submarines.

Mostly coastal defense type stuff.

Dave

BlueStreak
05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Mayhaps their ears are burning or they're worried about that label "opinion based news" that Dan Rather's throwing around lately.

"Opinion based news"----I like that.:)

CNN should be worried. They ALL should. Especially those idiots at FauxNews and MSNBC. I know a lot of folks are tiring of that which Mr. Rather refers too.
Maybe he'll get his revenge by turning the public ire on them all? Sure would be nice.

bhunter
05-26-2012, 04:34 AM
"Opinion based news"----I like that.:)

CNN should be worried. They ALL should. Especially those idiots at FauxNews and MSNBC. I know a lot of folks are tiring of that which Mr. Rather refers too.
Maybe he'll get his revenge by turning the public ire on them all? Sure would be nice.

Does Rather have any credibility left? Hell, IIRC even Cronkite took a couple of shots at him for his third place ranking as a network anchor. IMO just about all TV news is biased; however, there are now many substitutes available. I find it refreshing that the power of network anchors has waned.

bobabode
05-27-2012, 02:20 AM
it was about content not personalities, BH. Therein lies the rub, there used to be at least a little journalistic integrity. Now it's the age of the blogger. God forbid you have to factcheck every word some blogger spews out. Who's got the time for it.
Blather had a good point in that the broadcast spectrum is a public resource regulated by the FCC for the publics benefit. There were some standards in both the press and broadcast that had pretty much disappeared before The Fox News Network got a pass from the courts on bald faced lying.

bobabode
05-27-2012, 02:29 AM
Yes, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_ships_of_the_Iranian_Navy

Looks like a couple Destroyers, a few Frigates and several Submarines.

Mostly coastal defense type stuff.

Dave

It's strange how they're such a huge issue with the righties. As if they pose much of a threat. What would it take one Aeghis and one sub to defeat the their whole navy? Sounds like being a bully is more important than acting responsibly with regards to all of those treaties that we signed...:(

BlueStreak
05-27-2012, 04:20 AM
Well,.......You know how they are. They still like to gloat about Reagan bombing Gadaffis house. So what? You could probably have flown over Gadaffis house in a Curtiss Jenny and hurled a hand grenade at it. Besides Reagan never bombed Gadaffis house----the Air Force did.:p

piece-itpete
05-29-2012, 10:06 AM
In fairness to the news folks it's so much different. Before they had 15 minutes to straightfaced tell the news. Now they have to blather like adderrol hyped children for an hour or more about nothing.

Pete

BlueStreak
05-29-2012, 10:50 AM
In fairness to the news folks it's so much different. Before they had 15 minutes to straightfaced tell the news. Now they have to blather like adderrol hyped children for an hour or more about nothing.

Pete

An hour? Dude, they have all day, every day. Then, they had 15 minutes....... Now, they never shut up....

"....while your children are sleepin' the puppy is crappin'...."

Dave

finnbow
05-29-2012, 10:52 AM
An hour? Dude, they have all day, every day. Then, they had 15 minutes....... Now, they never shut up....

"....while your children are sleepin' the puppy is crappin'...."

Dave

Yep. They do their damnedest to cram 1/2 hour of news into 24 hours.;)

d-ray657
05-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep. They do their damnedest to cram 1/2 hour of news into 24 hours.;)

BAM!

Regards,

D-Ray

Wasillaguy
05-29-2012, 01:56 PM
The Calvary is comin', the Iranian calvary-that is.

Uhhhh... I don't think Calvary is coming. Calvary is the site in Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified, and it's not going anywhere.

merrylander
05-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Uhhhh... I don't think Calvary is coming. Calvary is the site in Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified, and it's not going anywhere.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cavalry&id=2B474575F5A78CA8E85733A6D6304C3FEB67BB66&FORM=IQFRBA

Wasillaguy
05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks Rob, I knew what he meant, just flicking a booger his way on the spelling error.:D

bobabode
05-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks Rob, I knew what he meant, just flicking a booger his way on the spelling error.:D

Yeah I really should've said navy...;)Funny how an American flagged vessel got help from the Iranians. Kinda shoots a hole in the bluff, bluster and outright bullshit, that the Iran is a rogue nation.

Wasillaguy
05-29-2012, 05:34 PM
I remember as a kid, seeing the sign for the Calvary Baptist Church, and wondering why the church needed an army on horseback.

piece-itpete
05-30-2012, 08:22 AM
It shows that mutual agreement over shared interests drive foreign affairs. Does anyone really want Iran to have the bomb?

Pete