PDA

View Full Version : Explain this to me Republicans

wgrr
06-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Paul Weyrich, now deceased, spoke these words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsl_TuFdes&feature=related

Notice that he founded the American Legislative Exchange Council. ALEC, the ones churning out voter suppression legislation to protect us from the minuscule problem of voter fraud.

Do the words coming from the horses mouth make any sense. Do you still wonder why Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Georgia, Ohio, and others are making it very hard, for Democrats to vote? It is not a mystery to me. Boss Weyrich explained it in a few sentences.

The fewer people that vote, the better off the Republican party fares in elections.

I am sick of " God fearing" Reagan era Republicans. Before Reagan I voted Republican. That party is long gone.

If they get rubber stamp Romney in I will pray for the USA.

finnbow
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
In other words, to know us is to dislike us.

bobabode
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
In other words, to know us is to dislike us.

Dislike is a strong term for the addled..:p Hehehee:D Sorry bud that just slipped out before I could reign it in...

BlueStreak
06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I voted for Reagan in '84. Bush 1 in '88 . The last Republican I voted for was Randy Forbes, who has done nothing but push a purely religious agenda. Never again. I've had it with these people. Tired of all of their psychobabble about how only they understand what America is all about, and they are the only people who work hard and so on. I don't need to go through it, we've all been listening to their sanctimonious flagwaiving crap the last 30-40 years.

Having said that, the sad part is the only alternative we have is the Dems....and look at what they've become.

merrylander
06-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Therein lies the problem, both parties have been bought lock stock and barrel as has 5 of the supremes, So now it is we the corporations of the world.. It is no longer we the people nor is it these United States. Simply greed.

piece-itpete
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Do you have a transcript? I have no sound :(

Pete

BlueStreak
06-05-2012, 04:30 PM

Pete

Lucky you.

wgrr
06-06-2012, 07:18 AM

Pete

“Many of our Christians have what I call the Goo Goo Syndrome: Good Government. They want everybody to vote. I don’t want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been, from the beginning of our country, and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

piece-itpete
06-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks. He's right about leverage, but I disagree about wanting less people to vote. The more vote the less predictable the outcome.

Pete

BlueStreak
06-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks. He's right about leverage, but I disagree about wanting less people to vote. The more vote the less predictable the outcome.

Pete

Not if you find ways to dissuade or obstruct your opponents base from voting. Then the lower turnout works to your advantage, because only your supporters turnout to vote. This is what the scheming fascist was talking about.

He wants predictable, controlled outcomes. That is the surest way to destroy democracy, and pave the way for a corporate controlled government.

That clear it up any for ya?

piece-itpete
06-06-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/whimsical_misfit/singing%20smiley.JPG 'I can see clearly now, the rain has gone'

:D

All parties want controllable elections.

Pete

merrylander
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/whimsical_misfit/singing%20smiley.JPG 'I can see clearly now, the rain has gone'

:D

All parties want controllable elections.

Pete

No, some of us believe in the one man one vote concept strange as it may seem.

bobabode
06-06-2012, 08:41 AM
No, some of us believe in the one man one vote concept strange as it may seem.

And no more burying the hatchet in the back of your opponents skull afterwards:D. Fun as it seems to be:rolleyes:. We're spending way too much to rig elections.

d-ray657
06-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Rob, what's wrong with you. It's one dollar, one vote. Haven't you read the GOP constitution?

Regards,

D-Ray

whell
06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Rob, what's wrong with you. It's one dollar, one vote. Haven't you read the GOP constitution?

Regards,

D-Ray

Ah, OK. Now I understand the "tax the rich" strategy! :p

d-ray657
06-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Ah, OK. Now I understand the "tax the rich" strategy! :p

Complete non sequitur.