PDA

View Full Version : Romney is amazed at the touch sreen ordering system at Wawa

wgrr
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
You know of Bush 1's apparent disbelief of the grocery store scanners. That was complete BS. It never happened.

However, Romney is clueless. He is amazed at a sandwich ordering system, at a Wawa gas station, that has been around for ten years.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/romney-says-gas-stations-touch-screen-orderi
He is a man that writes off $77,000 for a dancing pony (dressage) because it is used for his wifes MS therapy, even though no one has actually seen her on the horse.

He is clueless as to what we go through. He pushes a button in his house and a butler brings a lobster dinner. Mittens personal Wawa.

Northerners have no class ;Wawa? We have Kum & Go's here. That has real meaning.

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1353&stc=1&d=1340146676

Boreas
06-19-2012, 06:25 PM
I really, really, really hate to say this but Mittens got sandbagged on this one. MSNBC edited the hell out of the video, removing the whole context of the remarks about Wawa (convenience stores, by the way, not gas stations). With the context restored (http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/354086/20120619/mitt-romney-wawa-msnbc-andrea-mitchell-blaze.htm), Romney doesn't come off as quite as much of an out of touch frat boy.

John

Boreas
06-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Northerners have no class ;Wawa? We have Kum & Go's here. That has real meaning.

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1353&stc=1&d=1340146676

Oh, yeah? Well, we have In-N-Out Burgers! Top that!

John

http://ransackedmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/in-n-out-burger.jpg

finnbow
06-19-2012, 07:13 PM
I really, really, really hate to say this but Mittens got sandbagged on this one. MSNBC edited the hell out of the video, removing the whole context of the remarks about Wawa (convenience stores, by the way, not gas stations). With the context restored (http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/354086/20120619/mitt-romney-wawa-msnbc-andrea-mitchell-blaze.htm), Romney doesn't come off as quite as much of an out of touch frat boy.

John

Yep. But in today's journalism/politics, it's all about feeding the preexisting narrative. Nuance? Context? Nah, that's for sissies.;)

wgrr
06-20-2012, 07:49 AM

John

I will get with Fox News about context in news reporting. :D

I am from South Philly originally. Wawa is a C store that sells gas.

http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1355&stc=1&d=1340196494

BlueStreak
06-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Hey! I like Wawa sammiches! Their coffee aint bad neither.

I thought Kum & Go was a whorehouse in the Phillipines........

Pretty sure I've been there.:)

Dave

piece-itpete
06-20-2012, 08:41 AM
LMAO!

Yep. But in today's journalism/politics, it's all about feeding the preexisting narrative. Nuance? Context? Nah, that's for sissies.;)

QFT. And you know, I used one of those touch screens to order for the first time just a couple months ago.

Pete

Boreas
06-20-2012, 09:39 AM
:D

I am from South Philly originally. Wawa is a C store that sells gas.

OOPS! You're right! Some do have gas now. That's what happens when you get old. Why, sonny, I remember Wawa Stores in the days before gas stations!

John

Dondilion
06-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Hitting below the belt!

We need a station like the BBC.

Boreas
06-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Hitting below the belt!

We had one until Congress eviscerated funding for CPB and made it a hostage of their corporate underwriters.

finnbow
06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Hitting below the belt!

Why? We have the fair and balanced news channel.;):D

bhunter
06-20-2012, 12:09 PM

John

Thanks for your honesty here. My friends think I'm out of touch because I have no clue wrt to food items in fast food restaurants. I blankly stare at the cute names and need to ask the cashier about the item while people behind sigh.

wgrr
06-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey! I like Wawa sammiches! Their coffee aint bad neither.

I thought Kum & Go was a whorehouse in the Phillipines........

Pretty sure I've been there.:)

Dave

They are going head to head with Wal-Marts new C store concept Wal-Mart Express here. Coming to a neighborhood near you soon.

As far as hogies go, I hit Tony Lukes on Oregon Ave in South Philly every time I visit. Sarcones is very good too. They bake the rolls for all the South Philly sammiches. The mom and pop delis are the best.

The delis that open up on the Rehobeth beach boardwalk, in the Summer, are also very good. I really need two weeks at moms Rehobeth beach rental house on Rhode Island St. It is one house away from the dunes. Problem is, it is pretty much rented out year round now and I can't afford the rent. :(

This year I am heading for San Francisco to visit relatives and an old friend from college who teaches at one of the colleges in SF.

Next year the East coast.

finnbow
06-20-2012, 06:41 PM
They are going head to head with Wal-Marts new C store concept Wal-Mart Express here. Coming to a neighborhood near you soon.

Wawa's big competitor in the MidAtlantic is Sheets, out of Altoona, Pa. Very big convenience stores with lots of sandwiches, baked goods, coffee and the like.

The delis that open up on the Rehobeth beach boardwalk, in the Summer, are also very good.
How about Grotto Pizza at Rehoboth?

wgrr
06-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Wawa's big competitor in the MidAtlantic is Sheets, out of Altoona, Pa. Very big convenience stores with lots of sandwiches, baked goods, coffee and the like.

How about Grotto Pizza at Rehoboth?

Doesn't Grotto Pizza sell some great grinders? I have not been back in awhile. I am looking forward to it. I have bought some good French fries there.

finnbow
06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Doesn't Grotto Pizza sell some great grinders? I have not been back in awhile. I am looking forward to it. I have bought some good French fries there.

Thrasher's french fries with vinegar and salt. A tradition.

Boreas
06-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Is Sheets getting that big now? I was only just becoming aware of them when I left Maryland 12 years ago. Most of the stores I knew of were in small towns in north central Maryland and south central Pennsylvania. Wawa, on the other hand, had a pretty significant presence, especially after buying out all the High's stores. (Right? They did, didn't they?)

John

finnbow
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Is Sheets getting that big now? I was only just becoming aware of them when I left Maryland 12 years ago. Most of the stores I knew of were in small towns in north central Maryland and south central Pennsylvania. Wawa, on the other hand, had a pretty significant presence, especially after buying out all the High's stores. (Right? They did, didn't they?)

John

Sheetz now has a couple hundred locations from OH, PA, WV, MD, VA and down into NC and a very local following (for a friggin' gas station). I don't know about the Wawa/High's connection. As high school stoners over 40 years ago, High's were a frequent stop for ice cream for my crew.:cool:

Boreas
06-20-2012, 09:08 PM
As high school stoners over 40 years ago, High's were a frequent stop for ice cream for my crew.:cool:

What's in a name? :D

John

bobabode
06-20-2012, 09:29 PM

I still like fries with vineagar and salt. Must've been those misspent summers in the neighboring beach town to the south, Ocean City, Md. There was a pizza joint there that is still my mental reference for good pizza. Lombardi's I think was the name.

I think it was mezzo who stated that stoners weren't getting laid so much in his little universe, I beg to differ of course. Unless he's talking dating his cousin Mary five fingers...:rolleyes:

merrylander
06-21-2012, 07:11 AM

A staple in Quebec, in summertime there will be chip wagons parked on the road side and there was always a bottle of white vinager with a shaker top.

Sandwiches? Ben's deli in Montreal, best smoked meat on rye in the world, in fact they ship the meat all over the world.

piece-itpete
06-21-2012, 07:30 AM
I used the touchscreen at a Sheetz. I was told the burgers were good. Nope! Fries are though.

Fish and Chips? :)

The devil!

Pete