PDA

View Full Version : SNL Finally Finds Humor in Obama

Twodogs
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I would have never dreamed that he would lose them. I'm curious as to what you guys think about this administration, now that it's been in place for awhile. I see some Democrats starting to put some distance in between themselves and Obama. I know for a fact that he has lost the Union member support at least in my local. I wonder if he will see the light and start trying to govern a bit more from the middle, or if his humongous ego will prevent that? I think it will be very interesting to watch the democrat members of congress as 2010 gets closer. What say you all?

Oh, and btw, how do you like the new avatar? I thought I'd give old Noony a break from sweet Sarah.

Charles
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
They went pretty easy on Ears, to the best of my understanding.

But I will say this much for Ears. He may be an arrogant bastard, but I think I kind of like him as a person. The right always hated him, and the left is beginning to turn on him. Since everyone hates him, he may be more moderate than I 1st thought. Or perhaps he realizes that he ain't shit, just a figurehead. And is trying to do the best he can...kinda like Shrub.

Calling Eddie, calling Noon. Please explain to me how I'm comparing Mother Theresa to Darth Vader.

For the life of me, I'll never understand why anyone would want to subject themselves to the brutality of being POTUS.

I don't even hate myself that much.

Chas

Sandy G
10-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Me, neither. I'd rather start hitting myself in the noggin w/a tack hammer...At least I could STOP that. The Jesu' De Chocolat, now that he's GOT it, he CAN'T let it go, not at least til two-twelve...And Charles is right, WHO in their right damn mind would WANT the job ? He will ALWAYS be the President, for the longest day he lives. He will NEVER be able to go loaf at the mall, go to a ball game, sit on a bench & watch the world go bye, at least not alone. He will be worse off than any Wiseguy, there will ALWAYS be someone who wants desperately to kill him. He will NEVER know anonymity again, papparazzi will hound him & his family from now on...Right now, I guarantee it, scads of people are poring over every record there is of his, trying desperately to find something that they sincerely hope will ruin him. He can never really say how he TRULY feels about something, lest half the country swears an oath for his blood... Ha can't jump in his car, haul ass out the interstate, & go look at the fall colors. He & Michelle-Ma-Belle can't go "Antiquin'" on a Saturday afternoon... No, you couldn't LAW me into that gig...

Fast_Eddie
10-07-2009, 08:31 PM

But I will say this much for Ears. He may be an arrogant bastard, but I think I kind of like him as a person. The right always hated him, and the left is beginning to turn on him. Since everyone hates him, he may be more moderate than I 1st thought. Or perhaps he realizes that he ain't shit, just a figurehead. And is trying to do the best he can...kinda like Shrub.

Calling Eddie, calling Noon. Please explain to me how I'm comparing Mother Theresa to Darth Vader.

For the life of me, I'll never understand why anyone would want to subject themselves to the brutality of being POTUS.

I don't even hate myself that much.

Chas

Huh. I was just thinking I liked this post and have little to add. I have the same thought. If he's so left wing, why does the left wing dislike him? Like it or not, this is about a close as you're likely to get to center. Hell, McCain is more liberal in some ways.

Charles
10-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Huh. I was just thinking I liked this post and have little to add. I have the same thought. If he's so left wing, why does the left wing dislike him? Like it or not, this is about a close as you're likely to get to center. Hell, McCain is more liberal in some ways.

The left doesn't like him because he told them what they wanted to hear. Close Gitmo, bring the troops home, no new taxes on people making under 1/4 mil a year, etc.

Now I don't know if he really meant any of this or was just throwing the left red meat in order to get elected. Even if he wanted to do it, it's just not that simple.

And don't think that he managed to climb the greasy pole while no one was looking. The powers that be are damn particular who they even allow to TOUCH the greasy pole.

Now that I've said some nice things about Obama, I still don't like some of the policies he advocates, cap and trade being one.

Chas

noonereal
10-08-2009, 08:23 AM

But I will say this much for Ears. He may be an arrogant bastard, but I think I kind of like him as a person.

Chas

i'll tell ya', Obie is not the kind of guy that I'd like to go to a ball game with, have dinner with or go drinking with.

I find it unsettling that he is so narcissistic but I do agree with much of his agenda (although his never spoken views on racism bother me) and more importantly his ability to be cerebral. It has been much to long that we have accepted a "shoot from the hip" "we know best" attitude from our leaders.

I also like that he never speaks to family values yet they are clear.
I don't think he will be caught in a sex scandal or that his kids will be likely to get caught up in drugs drinking or teen pregnancies.

is that what you asked????

noonereal
10-08-2009, 08:29 AM
And don't think that he managed to climb the greasy pole while no one was looking. The powers that be are damn particular who they even allow to TOUCH the greasy pole.

I hate to waste my 1000th post agreeing with you but I do. ;)

noonereal
10-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh, and btw, how do you like the new avatar? I thought I'd give old Noony a break from sweet Sarah.

Nah, I don't miss him but I do respect him. He has joined the past presidents club with grace and dignity.

spasmo55
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I would have never dreamed that he would lose them. I'm curious as to what you guys think about this administration, now that it's been in place for awhile. I see some Democrats starting to put some distance in between themselves and Obama. I know for a fact that he has lost the Union member support at least in my local. I wonder if he will see the light and start trying to govern a bit more from the middle, or if his humongous ego will prevent that? I think it will be very interesting to watch the democrat members of congress as 2010 gets closer. What say you all?

SSDD

Though 2010 will be a "minor" election year it could change the Majority/Minority in congress so it is time to start jockying for position and preparing to tack to a different wind.

As usual Politburo members will cling to the good and remove themselves from the bad. This as I see it is why Health Care Reform must be on the floor by December. So those in the race can spout their feces dependant upon what the polls show their constituents want to hear.

IMHO, this is why Ears is balking on an answer for Afghanistan, he is waiting for the number crunchers to tell him the best answer for the elections, not for the issue itself.

I for one love your new avatar:D:D