PDA

View Full Version : A Random Liberal

whell
08-08-2012, 06:54 AM
This is one of the reasons why liberal activism rubs me the wrong way. This is not an a-typical act, IMHO. Liberals like to try to intimidate and bully in a way that is totally mean spirited, and like this turd, they're not above making making innocent bystanders like a drive through window worker collateral damage for their cause. But they wish to be excused for their actions because their "intentions are just."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thNqs9fPcgM&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy.

barbara
08-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Whell, bullies are not politically specific. They come in all shapes and sizes and of all political viewpoints.
You could take the very words you wrote and insert "conservatives" for "liberals" and find a similar example of a conservative acting like a jerk just as easy.

mezz
08-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I thought it was pretty interesting that he felt compelled to make the declaration that he's "completely heterosexual". What's with the phobia? Does he think his opinion would be lessened if he were indeed 'gay', or (God forbid) someone should mistake him for being gay?

Barbara, I'll admit there are bullies of all stripes, but liberals are notorious for jumping onto bandwagons with only a marginal understanding (usually gleaned through hearsay) of what they are actually stumping for. This guy's statement that he's going to have a great day because he feel he's done something purposeful is telling. Activism for the sake of it. Too typically the basis for liberal motivation.

beej
08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
I consider myself neither liberal nor conservative; accordingly I don't believe I have any particular ax to grind. I see it the same way as Barbara. Intellectual pomposity, activism for the sake of activism and self-righteous behavior are not unique to any particular political stripe.

This guy is a jerk and is defined as such by his behavior, not his political views.

merrylander
08-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I might have known considering who the OP was - just another crock.

mezz
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I might have known considering who the OP was - just another crock.

Typical fact avoiding ad hominem attack. Par for the course in liberal debate.

Weak.

Brett A
08-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Could have been a misguided Libertarian.

Boreas
08-08-2012, 01:05 PM
What I find interesting is that any issue involving the expansion of individual rights is a liberal/progressive issue and that the issues are, without exception, vehemently opposed by the "freedom loving" Right.

To my Conservative brothers and sisters, and paraphrasing Inigo Montoya (the "greatest swordsman of all of time"), "This word 'freedom' you are using, I do not think it means what you think it means."

John

merrylander
08-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Typical fact avoiding ad hominem attack. Par for the course in liberal debate.

Weak.

mezz you have never debated a damn thing here, simply made statements of personal opinion - and that was usually nuts.

Boreas
08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
mezz you have never debated a damn thing here, simply made statements of personal opinion - and that was usually nuts.

Debate requires one to engage their higher brain functions.

Teabaggers don't do higher brain functions.

John

mezz
08-08-2012, 01:39 PM

More avoidance. Have you seen the video?

BTW: whose opinion do you usually state?

merrylander
08-08-2012, 02:33 PM

An educated one - mine.:p

bobabode
08-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Give it a rest Mezz. Rob was spot on with his estimation of your debate skills.+1. You spout nothing but personal insults with not a fact to back up your insane talking points. Spewing up yet another ad hominem attack from under your cap is typical of your ilk. Could it be that you are the one who hasn't an original thought or opinion? You sure sound like Hannity or is it Rush?

You've come here once again without the slightest hint of bothering to see if the subject has already been discussed and what views the members here have on it. Do a little homework before screechin' your simple minded insults Mezz.

It isn't your intellectual skills or unassailable logic that have you pretty much ignored by most of the members here. It's simply your petty, adolescent tone and lack of any relevant facts included with your opinions. You really aren't worth the keystrokes to bother responding to, haven't you noticed?

Brett A
08-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Give it a rest Mezz. Rob was spot on with his estimation of your debate skills.+1. You spout nothing but personal insults with not a fact to back up your insane talking points.
Of course not, facts are for snobby Liberals. Besides, facts are apparently more scary than assault weapons to the right.

Boreas
08-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Have you seen the video?

I have. I suspect we all have and nobody's defending the guy.

Now, if he'd have been smart, he'd have just spit on her. Teabaggers like it when people spit on the people they disagree with.

John

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Whell, bullies are not politically specific. They come in all shapes and sizes and of all political viewpoints.
You could take the very words you wrote and insert "conservatives" for "liberals" and find a similar example of a conservative acting like a jerk just as easy.

Right on, Barb!

The only proof I need is to point to the vast majority of posts by DJ, Mezz and.....well......before he started up with all of this born again Mr. Nice Guy, I don't recall ever saying anything racist bizarreness......TD.

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 05:49 PM
BTW, I got halfway through the video and clicked out muttering, "asshat".
The Dude in the video was being an ass. Employees don't set policy, ownership and management does. Anytime I see some jackass giving an employee a hard time because of something the boss said or did it ticks me off. Regardless of the issue at hand.

bhunter
08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
This is one of the reasons why liberal activism rubs me the wrong way. This is not an a-typical act, IMHO. Liberals like to try to intimidate and bully in a way that is totally mean spirited, and like this turd, they're not above making making innocent bystanders like a drive through window worker collateral damage for their cause. But they wish to be excused for their actions because their "intentions are just."

Enjoy.

The guy's an asshole. She maintained herself well. I'd likely accidently dump the water on him, but then the spineless prick would try to bring a suit. His only motive in going there was to start trouble.

bobabode
08-08-2012, 06:15 PM

Enjoy.

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=4375&page=12 I guess you missed this in that Chick Fil A thread. #116 five days ago....

whell
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
What I find interesting is that any issue involving the expansion of individual rights is a liberal/progressive issue and that the issues are, without exception, vehemently opposed by the "freedom loving" Right.

To my Conservative brothers and sisters, and paraphrasing Inigo Montoya (the "greatest swordsman of all of time"), "This word 'freedom' you are using, I do not think it means what you think it means."

John

I frankly could care less what two consenting adults choose to do. My issues is with the ass in the video, and with others like him, who spread their own venom, crap their version of "ideology" on other folks, and then accuse their targets of "hate". To my liberal brothers and sisters, this word hypocrisy is best found with folks like this idiot looking in the mirror.

bobabode
08-08-2012, 06:32 PM
I frankly could care less what two consenting adults choose to do. My issues is with the ass in the video, and with others like him, who spread their own venom, crap their version of "ideology" on other folks, and then accuse their targets of "hate". To my liberal brothers and sisters, this word hypocrisy is best found with folks like this idiot looking in the mirror.
No support for this idiot here.
We've seen a lot worse from the teabaggers, I suspect that he's just emulating the teabagger's latest tactics. Nobody has expressed any support for this asshole at all. Read about it in the chick fil a thread.

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 06:43 PM

And, you could get the same thing hanging out with teabaggers.

Spare me. Your point is vapid.

Dave

HatchetJack
08-08-2012, 06:55 PM
The way I saw the Chick Fil A deal go down was hatred being spewed
from the Gay side. We bought sandwiches in support of a good christian
company that was wrongly targeted. We don't hate gays, we just don't
believe in that kind of behavior. No reason they should hate straight
people. I mean it's not like we protest outside of places they like to
frequent.

Whell has a point though, most liberals do seem to think their views are
the only ones that should be considered and all others are fair game for
name calling or ridicule. Go back and read your posts in almost any thread.

Boreas
08-08-2012, 06:56 PM
This thread is profoundly stupid, not just because the incident has been addressed and condemned here before but because of your pathetic attempt to tar the entire Left with the same brush as you do this "random liberal".

I frankly could care less what two consenting adults choose to do.

Really? Okay, how do you feel about same sex marriage? Or possibly just full domestic partnership on an even legal and social basis with heterosexual marriage? How do you feel about full employment opportunities for our LGBT brothers and sisters (and points in between)?

Or do you limit you tolerance to private acts away from your smug disapproving gaze?

My issues is with the ass in the video, and with others like him, who spread their own venom, crap their version of "ideology" on other folks, and then accuse their targets of "hate".

Yeah, yeah, we get it Whell. What you don't get is that those of us on the left find this objectionable too, no matter who's doing it. On the other hand, you]/i] guys are verrrry selective in your condemnation.

Let's take the case of the Teabaggers spitting on Black and Democratic members of Congress. It happened. You guys [i]know it happened so the only conclusion one can draw from your lame denials is that acknowledging the truth would require you to either condemn or endorse the behavior. You don't want to condemn it but you're too chicken-shit to admit you condone it. You guys are truly lame.

To my liberal brothers and sisters, this word hypocrisy is best found with folks like this idiot looking in the mirror.

There's no hypocrisy from the Left on this. We condemn this behavior. In addition, a large percentage of us believe Mayors Menino, Bloomberg and Emmanuel to be way off base on this issue. I certainly do.

The only hypocrisy here is coming from your end of the stick (the shitty end, IMO). You guys wring your hands and cry "foul" at the drop of a hat, even when the Left's only "sin" is to tell an uncomfortable truth about the Right. On the other hand, you guys never... never acknowledge your own transgressions, no matter how egregious they may be.

John

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 06:59 PM

John

From what I have seen so far, "Freedom" to the wingnuts in my life means keeping your mouth shut and doing as you're told.....So long as it's them that's doing the telling.

Dave

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM

"Our idea of bipartisanship is Democrats coming around to our point of view."

Right. Only Liberals think their views are the only ones that should be considered...............:rolleyes:

There are a ton of posts made here by right wingers that do nothing but insult and ridicule. Take off the blinders, Jack.

Dave

Boreas
08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
We don't hate gays, we just don't believe in that kind of behavior. No reason they should hate straight people.

Really?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4tAXnpmFOz8/TECyXbMADhI/AAAAAAAAG4A/ZGQlS0wg7to/s1600/Fred+Phelps.jpg

I mean it's not like we protest outside of places they like to frequent.

Really?
http://fiftyseventhirtythree.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/protest.jpg

Have you ever acknowledged the truth of an argument put forward by any of us on the Left?

And it's not a "behavior".

John

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 07:14 PM

"Our idea of bipartisanship is Democrats coming around to the Republican point of view."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/richard-mourdock-bipartisanship-indiana-senate_n_1502718.html

Right. Only Liberals think their views are the only ones that should be considered...............:rolleyes:

There are a ton of posts made here by right wingers that do nothing but insult and ridicule. Take off the blinders, Jack.

Dave

Oerets
08-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I have waited to jump into this discussion so far, but here goes.

The video posted of the "liberal" is something I do not agree with. Chick-fil as long as they (owners) don't let their closed minded views get passed along to or effect the employees or customers. Then they are more then welcome to have their opinions.
This person was upset and entitled to his right of free speech just like the owner of the restaurant. We do not have to agree with what was said but we do live in a country that allows free expression for now!

Now if you choose to eat there that is you right also. No one makes you go and eat period. My personal choice is to not but others can. I will not protest any of the stores with the limited info.

I had relatives who went and ate the day of support and were making a big deal about the protesters.Then my wife made the point of they were there basically doing the same thing! Different side of the coin.......

Barney

HatchetJack
08-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah, that's the way to do it. Make me a hater too and lump me in with
a bunch of wackos. BTW your boy has a YMCA shirt on:rolleyes:

I rest my case.

Boreas
08-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh yeah, that's the way to do it. Make me a hater too and lump me in with a bunch of wackos.

You may not be a hater but you've sure as hell thrown your lot in with them.

BTW your boy has a YMCA shirt on:rolleyes:

I rest my case.

He ain't my boy, Jack. Judging by his sign, he's yours.

Picked right up on that YMCA shirt there, didn't ya? ;)

John

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Jack and Whell-----Case in Point

http://www.politicalchat.org/showpost.php?p=115926&postcount=13

Dave

mezz
08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
You may not be a hater but you've sure as hell thrown your lot in with them.

He ain't my boy, Jack. Judging by his sign, he's yours.

Picked right up on that YMCA shirt there, didn't ya? ;)

John

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if those sign holders were actually gay liberals trying to stir up trouble and portray their imaginary opponets the way they'd like the media to see them. The means always seem to justify the end for liberals and ethics never even enter into the picture (because most liberals don't even really know what they are).

Oerets
08-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, that's the way to do it. Make me a hater too and lump me in with
a bunch of wackos. BTW your boy has a YMCA shirt on:rolleyes:

I rest my case.

I'm not saying anything about hate directed to you or calling anyone a wacko! Just saying it is still a free speech country and all of that.

But I still let others have their voice and opinions, being of the Liberal persuasion that is all.

Until it stops.....and effects mine!

Barney

BlueStreak
08-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if those sign holders were actually gay liberals trying to stir up trouble and portray their imaginary opponets the way they'd like the media to see them. The means always seem to justify the end for liberals and ethics never even enter into the picture (because most liberals don't even really know what they are).

Into bizarre conspiracy theories are you, Mezz?

Ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church?

They are Christians who openly hate gays, Jews, the federal government and oddly enough, the military.

bobabode
08-08-2012, 07:59 PM

Oh look it's a juvie gadfly ....Where's the flyswatter?:rolleyes:
How old are you,really?

mezz
08-08-2012, 08:00 PM

They are Christians who openly hate gays, Jews, the federal government and oddly enough, the military.

Ever heard of tongue in cheek? No. How about the the Villiage People then? Most gay haters have been avoiding wearing Y.M.C.A. shirts since 1978.

Oerets
08-08-2012, 08:25 PM
One being Gay never made me feel bothered in the least. Just like someone being different in other ways does. Do you really think someone picks the uniform they are born in?

Barney

Boreas
08-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if those sign holders were actually gay liberals trying to stir up trouble and portray their imaginary opponets the way they'd like the media to see them.

I know you wouldn't. Fact is, though, you're dead wrong.... and box-o-rox iggerint. That's the Good Rev. Fred Phelps in the first photo and his loyal parishioners in the second. The fact that you don't know about Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church and the "God Hates Fags" demonstrations (all over the country for - what? thirteen, fourteen years?) shows just how far up the Tea Party's asshole you are. Pull your head out and take a look around for once!

John

Boreas
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
How about the the Villiage People then? Most gay haters have been avoiding wearing Y.M.C.A. shirts since 1978.

At the time they were popular they were the gay community's biggest joke on the straight world. People like you, Mezz, went out and bought their records in the millions and none of you figured it out. Clueless then. Clueless now.

John

Boreas
08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Ever heard of tongue in cheek?

Oh, yeah! Almost forgot.

Bullshit.

John

d-ray657
08-08-2012, 09:33 PM

Dave your posts are usually accurate, but it is a stretch to describe the Westboro folks as Christians. :( It is easy to find congregations that are accepting of all folks, and welcome same-sex couples to participate in worship and in the church family. I attend such a church.

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
08-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Jack you don't have a case, just a wild imagination, oh and whell I may be a liberal in your eyes but I sure as hell am not your brother.

merrylander
08-09-2012, 07:38 AM

Quoted only as an example of the bullshit mezz posts and that he describes as "debating". mezz you are flat out the dumbest ahole I have ever come across in 81 years.

JJIII
08-09-2012, 08:52 AM
“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” - Eleanor Roosevelt-

Boreas
08-09-2012, 09:18 AM
“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” - Eleanor Roosevelt-

There you go again, discussing people!

John

mezz
08-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Quoted only as an example of the bullshit mezz posts and that he describes as "debating". mezz you are flat out the dumbest ahole I have ever come across in 81 years.

Pretty lively there for 81 Rob. Glad to be able to assist is keeping those juices flowing. You're certainly no Eeyore on this forum :) .

I still love ya though. Mezz.

JJIII
08-09-2012, 11:03 AM
There you go again, discussing people!

John

It's what I do best.:)

d-ray657
08-09-2012, 02:33 PM

I've always liked that quote, but it can obscure some important points. For example, it is relevant to evaluate one's position by understanding what biases he or she brings. I believe that it is also relevant to question the debating techniques of the person involved in a discussion/argument. It is certainly relevant to question the sources upon which one bases his or her premises. It is completely fair to describe the flaws in logic in an individual's argument, and to point out inconsistencies. While those points are personal observations, they are not bereft of ideas.

That being said, it doesn't advance a debate to describe one with different views as stupid, or queer, or ugly.

Regards,

D-Ray

beej
08-09-2012, 02:42 PM
That being said, it doesn't advance a debate to describe one with different views as stupid, or queer, or ugly.

Regards,

D-Ray

Oh my God!! It doesn't??? Pretty tough to tell from some of what I've been reading on this board. And, yes, I know, I'm an idiot noob; right DJ?

d-ray657
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Oh my God!! It doesn't??? Pretty tough to tell from some of what I've been reading on this board. And, yes, I know, I'm an idiot noob; right DJ?

That, and you mother wears army boots. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

beej
08-09-2012, 02:53 PM
That, and you mother wears army boots. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

And looked hot in 'em too!!!!

d-ray657
08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
And looked hot in 'em too!!!!

Oh no! Let's not get Freudian here! :D

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
08-09-2012, 05:37 PM

Pretty lively there for 81 Rob. Glad to be able to assist is keeping those juices flowing. You're certainly no Eeyore on this forum :) .

I still love ya though. Mezz.

I've always liked that quote, but it can obscure some important points. For example, it is relevant to evaluate one's position by understanding what biases he or she brings. I believe that it is also relevant to question the debating techniques of the person involved in a discussion/argument. It is certainly relevant to question the sources upon which one bases his or her premises. It is completely fair to describe the flaws in logic in an individual's argument, and to point out inconsistencies. While those points are personal observations, they are not bereft of ideas.

Regards,

D-Ray

I rest my case in regards to this troll who goes by the name of Mezz. Add ageism to his faults. Debate? This kid would be tossed from a seventh grade debate team in 30 seconds flat.

BlueStreak
08-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Dave your posts are usually accurate, but it is a stretch to describe the Westboro folks as Christians. :( It is easy to find congregations that are accepting of all folks, and welcome same-sex couples to participate in worship and in the church family. I attend such a church.

Regards,

D-Ray

Well, they claim to be such. And I find it interesting that the Baptist church hasn't at least asked them to stop using the name. Or have they?

Dave

JJIII
08-10-2012, 06:24 AM

Regards,

D-Ray

I concur.

merrylander
08-10-2012, 07:01 AM
[snip]That being said, it doesn't advance a debate to describe one with different views as stupid, or queer, or ugly.

Regards,

D-Ray

Except for one small problem; specious conjecture does not equal debate.:rolleyes:

wgrr
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Chic fil A donates millions of dollars to anti-gay hate groups through a charitable arm of their business.

The Family Research Council is one of the worst. When Congress was considering a resolution to condemn Uganda for making homosexuality a crime that was punishable by death, the FRC donated thousands of dollars lobbying to kill the resolution. Chic fil A donates money to this vile group. You can draw your own conclusions.

Read all about the Family Research Council here:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/family-research-council

bobabode
08-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Enjoy.

Where are your citations for this claim? You state "This is not an atypical act, In Your Humble Opinion." While I grant that you are entitled to your opinion, most people have some basis in fact for forming said opinion. If you don't mind, what are the facts you use in forming this opinion? What other incidents caused you to think that liberal activists engage in intimidation and mean spirited bullying? (I'll accept the turd apellation as hyperbole at this stage.)

The reason I ask is that you've shown a penchant for ad hominem attacks and regularly use what can only be described as underhanded dissembling when asked direct questions by myself and others Whell. You've fired off on more than a few occasions spurious claims of my having obsessive interest in you.

The only obsession I ascribe to is truth. Which compels me to point up these baseless ad hom attacks and falsehoods you chose to engender or repeat from unknown sources. Unknown as in every time I've asked for reference sources you simply ignore any request or jocularly complain that I have some sort of obsession. I hope this explains my interest in the subject to you and please keep your attempts at pivoting to a minimum.

Back to the subject Whell. What sources or verifiable incidents do you base what appears on the face of it to be ad hominem characterizations of the liberal activist movement? I'm not interested in anecdotal homilies from the FRC or any such organizations. Please keep it to verifiable incidents that have led you down this path.

BTW I'm merely curious as to how an individual such as yourself acquires such knowledge if indeed it can be factually described as such. Is it through newsletters such as FRC produces or do you winnow through news sources? If so which ones? Is it only YouTube?

Twodogs
08-11-2012, 12:08 PM
When did America's biggest problem become deviant sexual acts, and the support for the same? Keep that nasty shit in your nasty little bedrooms.

merrylander
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
When did America's biggest problem become deviant sexual acts, and the support for the same? Keep that nasty shit in your nasty little bedrooms.

Would it be at all possible for you to get your "mind" just a wee bit higher than your crotch? Even straight people marry for other reasons than sex.:rolleyes:

Twodogs
08-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I thought "gay" was when men had sex with men, or women had sex with women? Most sex I've had involved a crotch to one degree or another. Maybe when I get "older" I'll understand.;)

merrylander
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I thought "gay" was when men had sex with men, or women had sex with women? Most sex I've had involved a crotch to one degree or another. Maybe when I get "older" I'll understand.;)

Somehow I doubt it, it simply means they prefer the companionship of their own gender.

bobabode
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
The only deviant behaviour rolling about is some Americans don't think the Bill of Rights should be applied equally.

Twodogs
08-11-2012, 02:07 PM
I smell sex and candy.

BlueStreak
08-11-2012, 04:12 PM

When did Americas biggest problem become someone elses sexual inclinations?
Why is my Republican governor still wasting my time trying to push anti-sodomy laws through the state legislature. He thinks he is going to outlaw the BLOWJOB?:confused:

How in the hell does the marriage of the twinks next door-----"Destroy" heterosexual marriage? Explain that to me, Jay.

Why can't the GOP just leave the gays alone?

Is it because THEIR religious beliefs forbid it? And, if so, how can they justify using the power of government to press THEIR religious beliefs on others......This is a clear violation of the U.S. Constitution, a serious breach of Jeffersons "Wall of Separation", IMHO.

Dave

d-ray657
08-11-2012, 04:33 PM

The thing is that lots of folks with different sexual orientations than the majority would like to keep it at home - in a home they share with the person that they love, and with whom they share the same benefits and responsibilities of other married folks.

BTW, the best sex starts out quite a bit higher than the crotch.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
08-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I smell sex and candy.

I thought you were a "Flies in the Vaseline" kind of Repub?;)

finnbow
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I'll admit there are bullies of all stripes, but liberals are notorious for jumping onto bandwagons with only a marginal understanding (usually gleaned through hearsay) of what they are actually stumping for.

And who is it that call themselves "dittoheads?"

bobabode
08-11-2012, 08:16 PM
The thing is that lots of folks with different sexual orientations than the majority would like to keep it at home - in a home they share with the person that they love, and with whom they share the same benefits and responsibilities of other married folks.

BTW, the best sex starts out quite a bit higher than the crotch.

Regards,

D-Ray

It's the childish constant of the dirty minded that this is all about sex, when it's simply about equal rights for all. That all we hear about is what someone sees as deviant practices is what disappoints me. Everybody from the President to the NAACP sees this as a civil rights issue. It's sad to see otherwise generous and charitable people think otherwise. I expected better from them.:(

The sexiest human organ is the gray matter right above the eyes.;)

BlueStreak
08-11-2012, 11:12 PM
And who is it that call themselves "dittoheads?"

No shyte! Let Limbaugh belly up to the mic and say Joe Biden is a Martian. In minutes we'd have the whole flock demanding he turn over the location of his flying saucer.

Anyone who accuses Liberals, exclusively, of having the mob mentality has his head up his rump so far he's choking on it.

merrylander
08-12-2012, 07:26 AM
It's the childish constant of the dirty minded that this is all about sex, when it's simply about equal rights for all. That all we hear about is what someone sees as deviant practices is what disappoints me. Everybody from the President to the NAACP sees this as a civil rights issue. It's sad to see otherwise generous and charitable people think otherwise. I expected better from them.:(

The sexiest human organ is the gray matter right above the eyes.;)

Right, and if you study the vows the so called Christians use marriage is not between a man and a woman but between a man and a female slave, "serve and obey" indeed. That piece of idiocy was removed from our service, I wanted a partner.:rolleyes:

bobabode
08-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Right, and if you study the vows the so called Christians use marriage is not between a man and a woman but between a man and a female slave, "serve and obey" indeed. That piece of idiocy was removed from our service, I wanted a partner.:rolleyes:

"Honor and Cherish" is how Patty's and my vow's were worded in place of that anachronism Rob.:D

merrylander
08-12-2012, 12:42 PM
"Honor and Cherish" is how Patty's and my vow's were worded in place of that anachronism Rob.:D

Ours was basically the same Florence was not asked to promise anything more than I did. Scanner arrives tomorrow, it will even scan negatives and produce a positive, I found the wedding photos. She was looking at the pastor when he said " I now pronounce you husband and wife." I see that I was unable to take my eyes off her.:)

So now I can really start on the project for the granddaughters.

Oops, back to your regular programming.:D

bobabode
08-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Ours was basically the same Florence was not asked to promise anything more than I did. Scanner arrives tomorrow, it will even scan negatives and produce a positive, I found the wedding photos. She was looking at the pastor when he said " I now pronounce you husband and wife." I see that I was unable to take my eyes off her.:)

So now I can really start on the project for the granddaughters.

Oops, back to your regular programming.:D

We was sandbagged Rob at our wedding. We went for the clerk of the court officiated deal. We paid the extra $200 to have it in the Old Courthouse in Santa Ana, Ca. A fine historic oak paneled courtroom that's used a lot in films and TV. The clerk played us with that bored civil servant routine at the counter. Then he showed up in the courtroom upstairs fully robed as a minister and led us through our vows. Man oh man, not a dry eye in the house including me.;)
Throwing rice is verboten at this historic landmark so our friends had soap bubble guns for when we walked out the front door. Pretty cool stuff.:D

d-ray657
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM
We was sandbagged Rob at our wedding. We went for the clerk of the court officiated deal. We paid the extra $200 to have it in the Old Courthouse in Santa Ana, Ca. A fine historic oak paneled courtroom that's used a lot in films and TV. The clerk played us with that bored civil servant routine at the counter. Then he showed up in the courtroom upstairs fully robed as a minister and led us through our vows. Man oh man, not a dry eye in the house including me.;)
Throwing rice is verboten at this historic landmark so our friends had soap bubble guns for when we walked out the front door. Pretty cool stuff.:D

They threw birdseed at us.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
They threw birdseed at us.

Regards,

D-Ray

I would say that's damn appropriate even if ya'll are from Missoura....:D

merrylander
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Our wedding was a private affair at my brother's home in Ontario. No rice but my brother and his wife took us out to dinner afterward - October 29, 1983 coming up on 29 years, where did it go?

whell
08-12-2012, 01:57 PM

My wife wrote our vows. I remember that my vows were something like "...and I'll bloody well do as I'm told."

merrylander
08-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Ah we kept most of the traditional bits, loving and cherishing has a certain appeal. Honouring most definitely. Sickness and health and praying that it is mostly the latter, actually we have been lucky there. Don't know about the richer or poorer, guess we made out pretty well, God has been good to us.

I guess when you carry on a romance separated by 500 miles you tend to put a lot in writing. Been re-reading some of the letters, takes you back in time. And it all started with a handshake.:)

But that is another thread.;)

bobabode
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM
My wife wrote our vows. I remember that my vows were something like "...and I'll bloody well do as I'm told."

In California I think it's required to say "rule one is what's mine is hers" and rule two is "if there is any question see rule no.1." Just look at it like you're being assimilated into the Borg collective...and you'll get the picture!;)

d-ray657
08-12-2012, 02:46 PM

OK, now you really pissed me off!!! I AM NOT FROM MISSOURI. :eek:

We were married in Oklahoma and live in Kansas. I do work in Missouri and pay taxes to the State of MO and city of KC, but even if I live in a red state, I'm not from some turncoat SEC Dixie-lovin' show me state. :p :cool:

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
08-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Ok Ok don't git yer knickers in an uproar, counselor! You're an Okie with a little Redlegs thrown in who works in Misery, I get it now:cool:. :D Hehehehe!

bobabode
08-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I better go back to eating lotus blooms instead fomenting strife in the midwest.:) "Peace, Love & Dope" as James Earl Jones said in Field of Dreams..

Rex E.
08-12-2012, 05:46 PM

Pissed me off also. No self respecting Missourian would acknowledge, let alone take as there own, a border state "person".

Twodogs
08-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Crap, I guess now I have to be pissed. Nah, it takes too much energy.:)

bobabode
08-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I guess it's nap time if I've pissed off a prog, a Dem and a Redlegs Repub. No humor left in the midwest?;):D

Twodogs
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I guess it's nap time if I've pissed off a prog, a Dem and a Redlegs Repub. No humor left in the midwest?;):D

Now I have to hear some prog rock.

Rex E.
08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Crap, I guess now I have to be pissed. Nah, it takes too much energy.:)

No reason to be pissed, you are from two of the worst in any Show-Me staters opinion, Illinois and Kansas :p

Rex E.
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Now I have to hear some prog rock.

I vote for Starcastle's self titled album!