PDA

View Full Version : Site issues

Grumpy
05-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Going to sticky this thread so anyone can let us know if you are having any site issues. For the record site issues is defined by technical difficulties not problems with members.

simi
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
I check the "remember me" check box, and it won't remember me. I still have to log back in when I revisit.

Also, when I do get logged in, it doesn't show the top banner with UserCP and such until I click into one of the listed threads...

AND... now all the little pictures for all the buttons and such aren't showing. All I get are little red X's.. for like the smilees, reply buttons, edit, and such..

Grumpy
05-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Can you tell me what browser your using or take a screen shot ? Thanks

Grumpy

simi
05-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Here you go.. I'm using IE6... (at work) I don't have any problems like this with AK, or any other forums using the same forum software..

Any place there is any kind of control icon looks like this.. OH.. things worked fine this morning, and previously.. this just started a few hours ago. Also, the site seems to load really slow, like a bandwidth issue. AK loads fine.

http://www.politicalchat.org/offroad/attachment.php?attachmentid=12&stc=1&d=1242417924

skippy_ps
05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Getting a lot of red x's where there is information or something to click on, like all of the formatting options in quick reply. IE 8.0.6

Murray

Grumpy
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Try changing the forums styles down on the bottom left of the screen to solido and see what happens.

simi
05-15-2009, 03:22 PM
SWEET!!!! Nice colors too.. I wasn't real fond of that green.. Nice thing to know..

BUT.. I still have some missing icons when I click the reply button.. Many of the other ones appeared though, but still not in the reply area.. The smilies and the ones for the icons under the reply box.

skippy_ps
05-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Try changing the forums styles down on the bottom left of the screen to solido and see what happens.
Ok, that fixed some of it. Still no pics of Smilies in the reply screen but the main page looks ok now. Thanks for the tip.

Murray

Grumpy
05-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Still ironing out a lot of bugs here. Never intended it to go live just yet. Lets hope she hold together captain :)

simi
05-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Still looks good though.. I'm not complaining.. just answering your questions about issues..

You're a braver man than me.. having to deal with two forums.. and not to mention the topic...

simi
05-15-2009, 03:52 PM
OH.. BTW.. everything looks to be working right now.. guess that got ironed.. :thmbsp:

Grumpy
05-15-2009, 04:14 PM
We gots us a webmaster with mad skills. Thanks Wardsweb !

simi
05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Got you a new one... Being your bug man here...

I log in, then try and click one of the links in the tool bar.. like New Posts, or User CP (which is showing up now, but wasn't earlier)

Anyway, scoots you off and says appears to be a broken link.. I click the back button, then if I click one of the threads to enter, all is well.. all the quick links in the tool bar or what ever you want to call it work OK then.

You're Kicking ass Ward!!!! For being so new, only minor stuff it looks...

simi
05-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Still testing for you...

When you use the [IMG] tag.. or at least when I do, a link shows instead of an image...

I checked my options, and show images is checked...

I know you are all super busy with AK.... I just want to let you know as I find them so they can be looked at later...

Thanks so much again for all you do Grumpy.. OH.. and Wards! I still don't envy you.. :eek:

Grumpy
05-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Just checking to see if anyone is still having any issues with the site. Please let me know. Thanks

Grumpy

noonereal
05-19-2009, 08:31 PM
no issues here, seems well done :)

wajobu
05-26-2009, 07:45 PM
The New Posts link from the "main" page gives me this message:

Not Found

The requested URL /search.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.politicalchat.org Port 80

Grumpy
05-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Hm, ive been getting it too. Thanks for the heads up.

JJIII
05-27-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm having the same trouble as "skippy ps".
"Try changing the forums styles down on the bottom left of the screen to solido and see what happens"

I also don't see where to change forum styles. Will someone take this blind mans hand and lead him to the right place?
Thanks,
John

Ozmoid
05-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Hm, ive been getting it too. Thanks for the heads up.

Acts like the main page is "disconnected" from the rest of the site - it shows me logged out, but if I click on through to the forums I'm shown logged in. (This is in addition to the other mentioned 404 errors in the toolbar.)

Grumpy
05-27-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm having the same trouble as "skippy ps".
"Try changing the forums styles down on the bottom left of the screen to solido and see what happens"

I also don't see where to change forum styles. Will someone take this blind mans hand and lead him to the right place?
Thanks,
John

John,

The only forums style for PC.org is Solido. It should be set to that all ready.

Grumpy

OvenMaster
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I use Firefox 3.0.10 and have bookmarked this site's main page, and kept the cookies so I don't have to keep signing in.
The past few days, instead of coming to this site when clicking on my Bookmark, I get a Google page:
http://www.google.com/search?btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=www.politicalchat.org
No other bookmarked forum I belong to responds like this.