PDA

View Full Version : Obama is the Messiah?

BlueStreak
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Funny, I don't recall ever thinking this. Or hearing anyone but Republicans advance the notion that anyone thinks this. But, I am frequently told that "liberals" see Obama as some sort of God or Messiah. I have little idea what they are talking about.

However, I have witnessed teary eyed Republican politicians talking about how America will have no future, unless they are in power. How the "America we grew up in, no longer exists." That's right folks, we are expected to believe that without the GOP able to exercize nearly single-party rule, not just America, but the entire world is totally screwed.

I look at Romneys campaign slogan, and what do I see?; "Saving America!".

Just something to ponder.

But from what I'm seeing, it would appear that there are a lot of people who think all will be lost and the future of their children and grandchildren will be totally and permanently ruined, if Americas "Saviour" isn't elected.

So, when I see this "You think Obama is the second coming of Christ!", I chuckle inside a little;

Because they are projecting.

Dave

bobabode
08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I for one can't wait till they go on up into the sky to meet their dashboard, glow in the dark Jesus. It's embarrassing to me hear these fake Christians who worship money and power (over their fellow citizens) blab on and on about messianic complex's. Really? No wonder the rest of the world thinks we are wacked out and none to trustworthy.

It is unfortunate that this nation that once was rightly held up as a model of fairness (yeah, I'm that gullible) is now regarded as a senile & childlike monster with nukes and aircraft carriers. Now they are seeing our cracked pot "loony tunes" crazy old uncles being touted instead of tolerated (and ignored).

Sorry for the rant but it's hard seeing something as grand as our novel experiment in Democracy trashed and perverted for the insatiable greed of the rich & the famous. I'll agree with one idea of the Tea Party, we need to take the country back to the days of yore. We differ on one critical distinction and that is when those days were. I happen to like the days of FDR (without the Nazis and their axis of evil) and even a little of Ike and of course Kennedy and his sucessor. The Tea Partyists think the Gilded age is the one for them, because it sounds so shiney & rich - it was neither for an overwhelming majority of America. The Gilded age was dark, dirty and you were only guaranteed a short, brutal and mean life. Rant over.

ebacon
08-29-2012, 05:08 PM
There is a funny but ironic quote from the Gilded Age. I forget who wrote it but goes something like this:

The Americans have managed to accumulate wealth but still do not have culture.

Wealth only earns so much respect. After that it takes humility and compassion.

JCricket
08-29-2012, 06:10 PM
There is a funny but ironic quote from the Gilded Age. I forget who wrote it but goes something like this:

The Americans have managed to accumulate wealth but still do not have culture.

Wealth only earns so much respect. After that it takes humility and compassion.

That is a very nice quote. I think I will use that in the next few arguments I have with my other political antagonists.

THanks!

Maybe your not so rotten eggs.

ebacon
08-29-2012, 06:13 PM
. . . Maybe your not so rotten eggs.

Pop always said I was a fart smeller! :D

ebacon
08-29-2012, 06:15 PM
I think it was George Bernard Shaw.

JJIII
08-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Maybe pictures like this helped?

piece-itpete
08-30-2012, 07:35 AM
:)

'Let's just get everybody together, let's get unified, the sky will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing, and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect." - Hillary

Pete

bobabode
08-30-2012, 08:15 AM

Anyone can google up thousands of pictures to pick from to further a crazy conspiracy theory JJ. What do those prove? I would post up worse of GW as the village idiot but why bother?

JJIII
08-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Anyone can google up thousands of pictures to pick from to further a crazy conspiracy theory JJ. What do those prove? I would post up worse of GW as the village idiot but why bother?

I posted the pictures in answer to the first paragraph in the first post.

Boreas
08-30-2012, 09:50 AM

And where did those photos first appear? They all appear to be Photoshopped. Who did that and what was their agenda?

John

PS: don't you know all us Liberals are Godless athiests? Those sorts of image don't have any effect on us.

JJIII
08-30-2012, 10:23 AM
And where did those photos first appear? They all appear to be Photoshopped. Who did that and what was their agenda?

John

PS: don't you know all us Liberals are Godless athiests? Those sorts of image don't have any effect on us.

It doesn't matter whether they are photoshopped or not. They were and are out there.

The question was why would anyone think Obama is the Messiah.

piece-itpete
08-30-2012, 10:36 AM
JJ you must show conclusive evidence that Obama has a real halo or GTFO :D

Pete

barbara
08-30-2012, 12:12 PM
I thought those crazy liberals didn't believe in God!

Boreas
08-30-2012, 10:13 PM
It doesn't matter whether they are photoshopped or not. They were and are out there.

The question was why would anyone think Obama is the Messiah.

Of course, the photos are out there. The REAL question is whose agenda do they serve and, therefore, who's behind them?

John

BlueStreak
08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Once again tonight I have been informed that;

"America is fucked...." and that "....only Romney can save America."

Oh, praise the Lord. God Almighty has sent a new messiah to save us from the evil Mullatto...........:rolleyes:

Hoo, boy.

Dave

bobabode
08-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Once again tonight I have been informed that;

"America is fucked...." and that "....only Romney can save us."

Oh, praise the Lord. God Almighty has sent a new messiah to save us from the evil Mullatto...........:rolleyes:

Hoo, boy.

Dave

What's the name of god to Muslims? Isn't it Jehovah? The God of Abraham?

BlueStreak
08-30-2012, 11:39 PM
What's the name of god to Muslims? Isn't it Jehovah? The God of Abraham?

Allah. How can you not know that?

bobabode
08-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Allah. How can you not know that?

Their religion sprung from the religion of the Old Testament was the point I was making. The God of Abraham. I have perused the Koran a bit, actually an English translation.

bobabode
08-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Yahweh, Jehovah and Allah are the same God. It's when humans started interpeting her word is when it got all screwed up. Give me a little credit or just burn me at stake for heresy. No dunking , though. That never goes well.;)

JJIII
08-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Of course, the photos are out there. The REAL question is whose agenda do they serve and, therefore, who's behind them?

John

That may be the real question in your mind. I could hardly care less. I posted the pictures in a light-hearted attempt to answer the OP. There are no black helicopters here.

Boreas
08-31-2012, 06:57 AM
Their religion sprung from the religion of the Old Testament was the point I was making. The God of Abraham. I have perused the Koran a bit, actually an English translation.

Old and New. Jesus is considered a "minor" prophet in Islam. The Kor'an acknowledges its roofs, referring to Muslims, Jews, and Christians as "People of the Book"

John