PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Ben!!!

MacKat
09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Aka MacKat...as many of you probably know, I originate from a nice place called Audiokarmaland!!!

I don't spend too much time here, as I don't follow politics off the beaten path (e.g., not typical election stuff) that much, but it's always fun when I do (spend time here, that is!!!) !!! :D

As an introduction, I'm liberal, with a decent amount of so************************t/communist tendencies mixed in.

As an Aspie, much of what you'll see from me is what I believe in my mind should work, not necessarily what works in "real life"!!!:D

I associate myself with mainly being a Democrat, but, I prefer not to be defined by a political party.

But I'm also a So************************t, and a Communist at times.

To help get a better understanding of me, here are some things:

I am not for complete banning of guns, but they should be regulated.

I like Communism, but it never is implemented properly.

In-n-out is tasty.

I dislike the roots of Capitalism, but not wholly as it does seem to work to some extent.

This should be fun! :D

d-ray657
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Damn I wasn't finished yet, you'll see it in a little while!

You did change your password, right? :D

Regards,

D-Ray

MacKat
09-06-2012, 11:38 PM
You did change your password, right? :D

Regards,

D-Ray

Yes indeed!

Ben aka MacKat

JJIII
09-07-2012, 06:29 AM
As an Aspie, much of what you'll see from me is what I believe in my mind should work, not necessarily what works in "real life"!!!:D

This should be fun! :D

Welcome!

Damn! Maybe I'm an Aspie too.:D

BlueStreak
09-07-2012, 06:41 AM
I have no idea what an Aspie is.

I guess by todays standards I'm a Democrat, but certainly not a Communist as you claim to be.

Welcome anyways.

Dave

JJIII
09-07-2012, 07:28 AM
I have no idea what an Aspie is.

I guess by todays standards I'm a Democrat, but certainly not a Communist as you claim to be.

Welcome anyways.

Dave

Here ya go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

BlueStreak
09-07-2012, 07:36 AM
I see. Fascinating.

Here are my papers;

http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/chronic-depression-dysthymia

Which, I am told, stems from this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carney_complex

Now, you know. Well, sorta.

Dave

merrylander
09-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Welcome to this funny farm Ben.

piece-itpete
09-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Howdy Ben! :wave:

Pete

Oerets
09-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Ben, welcome aboard!

Barney

MacKat
09-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys!

I like the idea of communism, not really the way it's been executed so far!

Ben aka MacKat

bobabode
09-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Hiya Ben! As Merrylander(Rob) said,"Welcome to the funny farm!":D

d-ray657
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Both you and your evil twin are welcome here, Ben. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

ebacon
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
His evil twin just washes out his vote. It's like my wife and I. And Carville and his old lady. :D

d-ray657
09-07-2012, 08:53 PM
His evil twin just washes out his vote. It's like my wife and I. And Carville and his old lady. :D

After the Republican Governor of MO eliminated benefits for disabled kids, my wife's gradual journey away from the dark side was complete (It didn't affect us, but the cold-heartedness caught her attention). Unfortunately, even doubling the Democratic vote in this household doesn't help a lot in this red state - although it sometimes makes a difference in the local or congressional elections.

Regards,

D-Ray

budgetaudio6
09-08-2012, 10:14 PM
welcome ben. Im learning not to call names and such. But try to see both side of things. Which can be tough to do.

Look out the commies are coming...cant believe i did that with out calling you names...:D

piece-itpete
09-10-2012, 09:00 AM
The obvious problem with communism (one of them anyway) is that there is no check on their central power.

Pete

d-ray657
09-10-2012, 09:24 AM
The obvious problem with communism (one of them anyway) is that there is no check on their central power.

Pete

You're assuming that communism means a totalitarian government. Instead, we are describing an economic system. It would remain a democracy in which the check on central power would be the electorate. Moreover, there is no inconsistency between having communism or so************************m as the prevailing economic system and still have the checks and balances of a tripartite government.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
09-10-2012, 09:28 AM
But the populace would have to agree to continue maintaining a communist government.

Has there ever been a communist government that once in allowed their citizenry a choice? For that matter that didn't murder their own citizens? ;)

Fruits... government direction of all aspects of society is completely at odds with a free citizenry.

Pete

d-ray657
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM
But the populace would have to agree to continue maintaining a communist government.

Has there ever been a communist government that once in allowed their citizenry a choice? For that matter that didn't murder their own citizens? ;)

Fruits... government direction of all aspects of society is completely at odds with a free citizenry.

Pete

Again, you're confusing a totalitarian government with an economic system. Purported communism has only been tried in countries that had a history of authoritarian rule. The authoritarian rule came before the economic experiment. As Ben mentioned, actual communism has never been tried.

Regards,

D-Ray

ebacon
09-10-2012, 10:21 AM
What's the practical difference between communism and capitalism run amok? It's not like our votes give us any say anymore either. We just choose the puppets that are for sale, but it's the buyers that make them do their bidding.

We also have for-profit jails, the highest incarceration rate on the planet, and the death penalty.

Nothing to be proud of. We are on par with China, the Middle East, and North African nations.

piece-itpete
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
How can a government have complete control over a society, and the society be free? It seems at odds with each other....

Pete

Boreas
09-10-2012, 10:29 AM
How can a government have complete control over a society, and the society be free? It seems at odds with each other....

Pete

You're doing it again, Pete. Totalitarianism and Communism aren't the same thing.

John

d-ray657
09-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Once again - the economy is not the society. It makes no difference in a communist economy whether gay folks can marry one another, what passes for entertainment, where we go to church or what we read.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
09-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Perhaps I'm not being clear - how can the government, say, tell me what to plant or produce, or where I can live or how much a house I can have, and I still be a free man?

Pete

d-ray657
09-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Perhaps I'm not being clear - how can the government, say, tell me what to plant or produce, or where I can live or how much a house I can have, and I still be a free man?

Pete

So you're more of a free man when a corporation is telling you those things? :rolleyes: If you're a farmer, are you a free man when bees cross-pollinate your crops with patented pollen, and you have to pay for something you did not ask for? Are you a free man when an insurance company tells you what doctor you can see, or what brand of medication you can use? Are you a free man when a company tells you to move or go broke? Are you a free man when the air and water in you neighborhood have become so polluted you are sick?

How do you assume that the government will not let you change jobs or locations simply because the means of production have been dedicated to the public good?

Regards,

D-Ray

budgetaudio6
09-10-2012, 06:59 PM
with out society one cant have an economy. When the economy is dictated by the government, that is in effect dictating the society. Some good points here though. If communism can be done with out going totalitarianism, just maybe an interesting.

ebacon
09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
with out society one cant have an economy. When the economy is dictated by the government, that is in effect dictating the society. Some good points here though. If communism can be done with out going totalitarianism, just maybe an interesting.

Pure communism and pure capitalism end up at the same place -- a ruling class.

Neither of them last peacefully, and that's the operative word, peacefully, because the ruling class ends up in a pecker contest and abusing its underlings. It's just human nature.

Our government and France's government were the first to try to implement self-government after the enlightenment and open publication of the Bible. We did well for a while and the French are still doing well. It is easier for them because they are closer to the old churches and teachings.

On the other hand we are alone on an island and far removed from the source of enlightenment. In our hunger for truth we tend to attach to snake oil salesmen such as Ayn Rand and wealth evangelists.

It's a nasty game and the Communists are winning. They are so good at it that not even American Christians can smell it out. Here is a video of them flailing. They beat on atheist Marx but turn a blind eye to atheist Rand.

http://youtu.be/SH8LkIqu1c8

MacKat
09-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I completely agree, pure anything simply doesn't work. While I'm more Communist than Capitalist, I think people should not be 'forced' into Communism, and that there should also be a free market option for those folks. However, there should also be Communist benefits.

I think that's called So************************m, if I'm not mistaken.....:D

Ben aka MacKat

bobabode
09-11-2012, 12:14 AM

Pete

Look at communism as a employee owned company with a voices/votes/power coming from both labor and management equally for the benefit of the whole company/country. Tie wages/compensation/bonuses(i.e. vacation time) to production and initiative. (Yeah,I'm an old piecework type of guy;)) Sounds like a kinder, gentler form of capitalism, doesn't it? Except the only owners/shareholders are us. Of course there are a lot of details to be worked out and those should only be implemented by a vote of the citizens. It would undoubtably be a mixture of old style and new style economics and actually take a century or more to achieve. Mao tried to do it in a generation and screwed the pooch and two or three generations of Chinese in the process. Who can forget the massively stupid & sick anti intellectual Great Leap Forward that he tried in the sixties?

As others have said it has only been attempted at gunpoint and so destined to fail. We get hung up on words that don't resemble the actual construct envisioned due to propaganda both for and against. That communism failed as the Soviets tried to do it was a clusterfuc*k before it got off the ground. Stalin was a gangster plain and simple who murdered any opposition real or imagined and became an ally of convenience only when the blitzkrieg was turned on him. Just look at their previous 300 years of Czarist history. There's no way a leopard changes their spots that easily or quickly.

We have a unique condition of being an egalitarian country from the git go (allegedly:rolleyes:) without a deeply authoritarian societal structure like Russia and China. Yeah, I'm being an apologist towards the British crown in this argument, (though they had the Magna Carta and a nasty civil war to build on). Please don't tar and feather me!

I think whatever we come up with will be uniquely American but having the one per centers in the driver's seat of the bus is foolish and shortsighted. They aren't qualified by their track record as displayed by their handling of the economy both in this century, the last century and the one before that. Like Stalin and Mao they are more sociopathic gangsters than someone to be admired IMO. I don't see Romney as any expert. So far he's more like King Midas in reverse.:rolleyes:

piece-itpete
09-11-2012, 08:30 AM
People like to point out that Stalin was just a dictator. But Lenin killed plenty, intentionally and accidently. And the system allowed Stalin to take power.

There's also a part of Marx that in my mind at least shows it's a utopia. That goverment will just disappear. Um, right.

I agree with ebacons' statement about a ruling class and budgets about the economy & society. And back to how much and type house I have - that is economics... and personal.

Pete

Boreas
09-11-2012, 09:15 AM
People like to point out that Stalin was just a dictator. But Lenin killed plenty, intentionally and accidently. And the system allowed Stalin to take power.

Even so, Stalin scared the shit out of Lenin. As bad as Lenin was, Uncle Joe was orders of magnitude worse.

There's even a fairly convincing body of evidence that Stalin had Lenin killed.

John