PDA

View Full Version : Balloon Boy

noonereal
10-16-2009, 06:51 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_13574197

What do ya' think?

I guess the better question is, does anyone not think this was a prank staged by a loony tune dad??????

JJIII
10-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Noon, I uuuh, I mean.....I uuuuh, Damn! I agree with you. This time. :D

Grumpy
10-16-2009, 07:41 AM
I am calling scum bag parents.

noonereal
10-16-2009, 08:45 AM
well since we agree, what do we think should be done?

I am not sure what the laws are but I would hit this guy with everything possible which I would hope includes paying for all the emergency workers involved. Let's not forget the costs involved in clearing all the airspace.

merrylander
10-16-2009, 09:57 AM
That is up the the State of Colorado, I don't know about everyone else but I have enough chores to occupy my time without worrying about some remote nutcase.

JJIII
10-16-2009, 12:01 PM
well since we agree, what do we think should be done?

I am not sure what the laws are but I would hit this guy with everything possible which I would hope includes paying for all the emergency workers involved. Let's not forget the costs involved in clearing all the airspace.

I agree. (Now I'm gettin' sore afraid!) :eek:

noonereal
10-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I agree.

:eek: (me too)

Charles
10-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Gonna be an expensive 15 minutes for someone.

Then again, they'll probably come up with a sob story and write a book.

Chas

Sandy G
10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Gonna be an expensive 15 minutes for someone.

Then again, they'll probably come up with a sob story and write a book.

Chas

Uhh-huh...

Twodogs
10-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Nah, I think the kid just let the balloon get away from him and then got scared and hid. The coverage of this story painfully illustrates where the "mainstream media" is in this country.

hillbilly
10-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Nah, I think the kid just let the balloon get away from him and then got scared and hid. The coverage of this story painfully illustrates where the "mainstream media" is in this country.

The mainstream media woulda been about me bustin' the kids ass had I been the parent and found him in hiding for doing wrong. The boy's parents must be liberals. ;)

Sandy G
10-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, there was a LOT of stuff I DIDN'T do when I was a kid, mainly 'cause I DIDN'T like wearing my father Henry's size 12 shoe up my arse...He'd mention something about a "Shoe Factory", & I'd pretty much Cease 'n' Desist... Never enuff to hurt me or anything, just hard enuff to Get The Message Across...Nowadays, I guess they'd toss him in the Klink, but yannow, I think I turned out all right...

noonereal
10-16-2009, 06:30 PM

The kid stated on a morning show that his dad told him to hide and not answer when then called him. Then the poor kid was so sick that he threw up on 2 separate TV shows this morning. The interviewer had to ask the mom to accompany the kid to the bathroom as neither parent would leave the camera.

The guy is sick.

Twodogs
10-17-2009, 08:44 AM
The kid stated on a morning show that his dad told him to hide and not answer when then called him. Then the poor kid was so sick that he threw up on 2 separate TV shows this morning. The interviewer had to ask the mom to accompany the kid to the bathroom as neither parent would leave the camera.

The guy is sick.

Very possible, but who gives a rats ass? I live in a town of 10k people and I'm sure there are some sick folks here, but I don't think any of the sickness is news worthy. I can see how the media thought it was going to be a big story when they had the film of the balloon and there was a chance a child was inside, but I don't get why 3 days later, after it turned out to be nothing, the major news agencies are still trying to create a story where there is none. Certainly there are "bigger" things going on in the world right now.

JJIII
10-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Very possible, but who gives a rats ass? I live in a town of 10k people and I'm sure there are some sick folks here, but I don't think any of the sickness is news worthy. I can see how the media thought it was going to be a big story when they had the film of the balloon and there was a chance a child was inside, but I don't get why 3 days later, after it turned out to be nothing, the major news agencies are still trying to create a story where there is none. Certainly there are "bigger" things going on in the world right now.

Right you are.

noonereal
10-17-2009, 09:22 AM

Honestly, I find the situation that caused the event more interesting than the event itself. It is a commentary on the relationship of entertainment and the effects on the populous. We see this over and over again. A discussion on this is in order.

That being said my inability to avoid the story that day while actively trying to was very off putting and even a concern.

merrylander
10-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Jeez, give it a rest.

BlueStreak
10-19-2009, 02:27 AM
I pretty much think Dad is an attention hound who is going to be in a boatload of trouble.

Grumpy
10-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Fine them, lock em up then take away the kids. End of story for these attention whores.

noonereal
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
This is an "I told you so" moment.

:D

(for dog)