PDA

View Full Version : Such confidence from Mr. Ryan!!!!

BlueStreak
09-13-2012, 06:32 PM
It would seem that our favorite Ayn Rand acolyte is so confident in his vice Presidential bid that he remains in the race for his current seat as well...........

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_RYAN_ADS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Dave

bobabode
09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Well, he does need to launder that five plus million in his warchest before he's sent to live at the Naval Observatory...;)

bhunter
09-14-2012, 01:01 AM
It would seem that our favorite Ayn Rand acolyte is so confident in his vice Presidential bid that he remains in the race for his current seat as well...........

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_RYAN_ADS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Dave

Didn't John Kerry do the same?

BlueStreak
09-14-2012, 02:38 AM
I dunno. Did he?

ebacon
09-14-2012, 09:30 AM
It's in his best interest. If he left his current seat and lost the VP bid then he would have to find a real job.

d-ray657
09-14-2012, 09:52 AM
It's in his best interest. If he left his current seat and lost the VP bid then he would have to find a real job.

No matter what happens, this VP candidate gig is going to be financially lucrative for Ryan. The honorarium that he will be able to charge will skyrocket, he can have someone ghost-write a book for him, and maybe even land a gig on Fox.

Regards,

D-Ray

ebacon
09-14-2012, 09:54 AM
No matter what happens, this VP candidate gig is going to be financially lucrative for Ryan. The honorarium that he will be able to charge will skyrocket, he can have someone ghost-write a book for him, and maybe even land a gig on Fox.

Regards,

D-Ray

I know he's not going broke. I just had to rib him.

Boreas
09-14-2012, 10:07 AM

Yes, he did (I think). Lieberman did too. It's a time-honored tradition in American politics celebrated by both sides.

John

Boreas
09-14-2012, 10:09 AM

Regards,

D-Ray

Fox Business Channel could use a smart guy like Ryan! :rolleyes:

John

icenine
09-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Actually the Tea Party has done us all a big favor by forcing Mitt to pick Ryan.....if he loses he is probably done at the Executive level....

wgrr
09-14-2012, 11:57 AM

Obama resigned. Kerry was in the Senate and was not facing a re-election campaign for his seat like Ryan is. Kerry had no real reason to resign. I see nothing wrong with Ryan not resigning. Kerry's Wiki page shows no break in his Senate service since 1984

I hear Ryan is not doing as good as he thought he would. The race is really tightening up as more of his constituents learn more about Ryan, his budget plan, and more about his Democratic opponent Zerban I believe is his name.

Boreas
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm trying to remember about what I said regarding Lieberman. I think what he did was campaign to retain his senate seat while campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination. He lost both in their respective primaries. that's why he ran for the Senate as a (I). I don't think he was up for re-election when Gore chose him as his running mate in 2000.

John

EDIT: Nope! He was. Lieberman ran for re-election to the Senate the same year he was running for Veep. He would be up for re-election this year but has decided not to run ('cuz he knows he'd lose as an (I) and the Dems in CT won't have him any more.)

John