PDA

View Full Version : Registered Independent, and damn proud of it.

BlueStreak
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Good evening folks!

I would say I tend to be a bit Center-Left, but I do not officially ascribe to any particular party. This has not always been the case. The first politician I ever voted for was Ronald Reagan in 1984. I was so enraptured by the personality of the man that I voted without even bothering to learn anything about his opponent. I proudly registered as a Republican that same year. I remember telling my father about my admiration for Reagan and the GOP and his reply was, "I hope you're ready for the screwing you're about to receive. I might make it, but you.........well, you'll see. " Now, this mystified me. I just couldn't understand why my Dad, a WW2 Veteran, a hard working guy who raised seven kids in a very conservative environment, would say such a thing. Why would he want to pay high taxes, etc., etc.

Now, I know. It took twenty years, and a few shitty experiences, like having my life threatened, (By someone whom I know for a fact is extremely racist.), for saying I voted for a Democrat, for one, but.....................

I tried the Democratic Party for a while, but just don't much care for the way they go about trying to achieve their goals. And it's a shame, because I think if they just levelled with people and told it like it is,
they would get a lot more support. But, they don't. Instead they resort to things that do more to hurt their causes than help. Their response to the considerable power of right-wing propaganda is always half assed. They need to clean-up their act and start fighting fire with fire.

BOTH Parties need to stop trying to kill each other, and start working together, (As if we'll ever see that. But I can dream, can't I?), sooooo.......

A couple years or so ago I went to the local Voter Registrar and changed my status to Independent. Honestly the best feeling I've had in along time.:D

BlueStreak
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh, BTW; Over at AK I'm known as "Dread31".

BlueStreak
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
HEY! I spent fifteen minutes on this #@%&*^ introduction!
Are any of you guys gonna welcome me? SHIT!

JJIII
10-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Welcome Blue!

Some of us folks on this forum go to bed early and get up early.

I think you'll have some fun here. Most of us do. :)

Sandy G
10-19-2009, 06:52 AM
We're lazy. Welcome to th' Monkeyhouse, Mr Rosewater ! (grin)

merrylander
10-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Sorry. but I only now just logged in, welcome to the nuthouse Dave.

Grumpy
10-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Welcome aboard. You will find this board to be no where near as active as AK but we are a devoted bunch. Just got to be a bit patient with us to get responses sometimes.

By the way nice to have you here and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

noonereal
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Just checked in,

WELCOME!

d-ray657
10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Welcome Bluestreak. It will be fun to have one more view in the discussions.

Just to show that I am an equial opportunity PITA, I will point out that you seem to contradict yourself. In one paragraph you fault the dems for failing to fight fire with fire, and in the next fault the parties for not working together. Are you suggesting that the parties will not be able to work together unless each is capable of burying the other with propoganda? They will work together only if they reach detente as a result of understanding that mudslinging will result in mutually assured destruction.

Regards,

D-Ray

spasmo55
10-19-2009, 10:09 AM
BOTH Parties need to stop trying to kill each other, and start working together, (As if we'll ever see that. But I can dream, can't I?), sooooo........:D

Greetings and Salutations,

I would say we expedite the process by not voting for anyone in either party. The way they act they should have their offices in New York. One on Wall Street and the other at the UN.

You have taken the first step by becoming an Independent. Now use your voice and your Vote to purge our gov't of these clowns.

WELCOME to the conversation.

piece-itpete
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
. And it's a shame, because I think if they just levelled with people and told it like it is,
they would get a lot more support. But, they don't.

BOTH Parties need to stop trying to kill each other, and start working together, (As if we'll ever see that. But I can dream, can't I?), sooooo.......

Hey Blue.

If either party leveled with us they'd probably be thrown out of office. Call me cynical. :)

I also suspect they actually do work together behind the scenes, and not for our good. I've now crossed the line past cynical and will barricade myself in the conspiracy room :D

Pete

BlueStreak
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Welcome Bluestreak. It will be fun to have one more view in the discussions.

Just to show that I am an equial opportunity PITA, I will point out that you seem to contradict yourself. In one paragraph you fault the dems for failing to fight fire with fire, and in the next fault the parties for not working together. Are you suggesting that the parties will not be able to work together unless each is capable of burying the other with propoganda? They will work together only if they reach detente as a result of understanding that mudslinging will result in mutually assured destruction.

Regards,

D-Ray

Perhaps. Or maybe they need to ramp it up until it has become so rediculous that even the extremists begin to see how absurd it has become. I would argue that it reached that point a long, long time ago. But some just keep right on rolling, coming up with evermore warped hysteria. "Bush was behind 9/11, Obama is the Anti-Christ."----ad nauseum.

Dave

BlueStreak
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Blue.

If either party leveled with us they'd probably be thrown out of office. Call me cynical. :)

I also suspect they actually do work together behind the scenes, and not for our good. I've now crossed the line past cynical and will barricade myself in the conspiracy room :D

Pete

Not "cynical", "realistic", Pete.

And there are times I have suspected the same thing.
Not all conspiracy theories are crazy, my friend.

Dave

noonereal
10-19-2009, 01:51 PM
"Bush was behind 9/11,

I had never heard that but I doubt he had the intellect be responsible.
Bushy is a nice simple man.

Charles
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I had never heard that but I doubt he had the intellect be responsible.
Bushy is a nice simple man.

Reagan blew up the Maine.

Chas

noonereal
10-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Chas

Ronnie was the right man for the time.

I hope Obama is the same for now.

BlueStreak
10-27-2009, 12:21 AM

Chas

And the Lusitania.

Dave

merrylander
10-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Not "cynical", "realistic", Pete.

And there are times I have suspected the same thing.
Not all conspiracy theories are crazy, my friend.

Dave

About the only intelligent thing I ever heard Lou Dobbs say was "They are wings of the same bird".

Sandy G
10-27-2009, 11:35 AM

Chas

An' we ALL know the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor, right ?!? (grin)

piece-itpete
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
An' we ALL know the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor, right ?!? (grin)

I blame Clinton lol.

Pete

noonereal
10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
An' we ALL know the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor, (grin)

Did Sarah tell you that?;)

Sandy G
10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
No...Belushi did....Doncha remember "Animal House" ?!?

noonereal
10-27-2009, 02:18 PM

I knew it sounded familiar. ;)

Charles
10-27-2009, 08:01 PM
About the only intelligent thing I ever heard Lou Dobbs say was "They are wings of the same bird".

Even a blind sow can find an acorn every now and them.

Chas

BlueStreak
10-28-2009, 01:51 AM

That wasn't "Animal House" it was "1941". Geez, Sandy.

BlueStreak
10-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Even a blind sow can find an acorn every now and them.

Chas

I thought that was "blind squirrel"? Guess it just depends on your location?

Dave

Sandy G
10-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Nah, it was "AH"...Remember, the scene where Bluto goes nutz after Dean Wormer Drops The Bomb, & they're sitting around all dejected...Bluto goes, "Was it over when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor ?!?" Boone & Otter look at each other, one of 'em says "The Germans?" the other one says, "Fergit it. He's on a roll..."

BlueStreak
11-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Right you are! I remember that now.

Weirdtastes
02-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Huya Bluestreak,
Sorry, I missed your original post. I truly welcome you!!!! Like you I was initially dismayed but the lack of response to my introduction thread, so I left for quite awhile, and alas missed your arrival. Glad to see another independent voter here. I've been registered Independent since 1975, after all I'm smart enough to have realized that registering as a Communist would have put me on the radar somewhere.
Remember, "Just because you are Paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get You".
Again welcome and I look forward to seeing your slant on the discussions

Boreas
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Huya Bluestreak,
Sorry, I missed your original post. I truly welcome you!!!! Like you I was initially dismayed but the lack of response to my introduction thread, so I left for quite awhile, and alas missed your arrival. Glad to see another independent voter here. I've been registered Independent since 1975, after all I'm smart enough to have realized that registering as a Communist would have put me on the radar somewhere.
Remember, "Just because you are Paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get You".
Again welcome and I look forward to seeing your slant on the discussions

Oh, Dave (Bluestreak) is one of the regulars here. I'm sure you'll run into him before long. And don't feel too badly about the silence that greeted your intro. In May, when you made it, there were hardly any members. You were just a tree falling in the forest. ;)

John

noonereal
02-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Weirdtastes this site only came on line in mid may so we are the founding fathers:D

merrylander
02-05-2010, 08:10 AM
She has been to Denmark?:confused:

BlueStreak
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Well, let's see......I have 1065 posts............You're a little late in the welcome, but I don't care. That's fine.

Nice to meet you too, Weirdtastes!!

Dave

Weirdtastes
02-25-2010, 01:09 AM
She has been to Denmark?:confused:

Took me a few seconds to figure out your reference Merrylander, and no I didn't need to visit Denmark. :D

merrylander
02-25-2010, 07:15 AM
It was just the reference to 'founding fathers'