PDA

View Full Version : Disrespectful or not...

JJIII
09-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Any thoughts on this? Does it show disrespect for our flag?

https://store.barackobama.com/obama-2012-store-collections/artists-for-obama/our-stripes-flag-print.html

How about this...

ebacon
09-20-2012, 09:58 AM

https://store.barackobama.com/obama-2012-store-collections/artists-for-obama/our-stripes-flag-print.html

How about this...

Why do you whining Republicans give a crap?

The flag represents the Federal government and you hate them.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Here's the Republican flag.

http://archive.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/ProjectPics/v040_20040038_arms_standrews.jpg

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Whoa.

I dunno John, I think that for the younger folks it doesn't matter. Have you ordered your Oflag yet? ;)

Pete

Boreas
09-20-2012, 10:12 AM

How about this...

As far as the Obamaswag goes, no, not in the least.

As far as your attachment, I'm sure the wingnut who phohoshopped it does or else he wouldn't have done it.

How do I know it was done by a wingnut? Easy. The Obama photo he used shows the president with a sort of mean unfriendly look on his face. A supporter of the President would have used a much different photo.

John, does your post show a disrespect for our President? Some people might say so.

John

JJIII
09-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Why do you whining Republicans give a crap?

The flag represents the Federal government and you hate them.

Hate is a pretty strong word. How about we say I'm unhappy with the size and scope of the Federal government?

The government and the flag are two different things.

JJIII
09-20-2012, 10:28 AM
John, does your post show a disrespect for our President? Some people might say so.

John

They might be right too.:)

JJIII
09-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Whoa.

I dunno John, I think that for the younger folks it doesn't matter. Have you ordered your Oflag yet? ;)

Pete

I think I'll pass.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Hate is a pretty strong word. How about we say I'm unhappy with the size and scope of the Federal government?

The government and the flag are two different things.

Blah blah blah. Typical broken thoughts from the brainwashed right. The flag is the symbol of the United States Federal Government. It is codified at 4 USC 1 et seq. They are one and the same.

And since when do protesters defend the flag of something that they are unhappy with?

Jeezus the stupid crap people say just to save face.

mezz
09-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Regarding the O-Flag, I don't know that any proud American would purchase such a revolting thing, but sales in the ME these days could probably finance Obama's campaign.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Here. At least Chuck Norris gets it.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/chuck-norris-stop-using-the-modern-american-flag----or-use-tea-stained-ones.php

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 10:49 AM
John, I would be interested in the source of the photo included in your post. I have no problem with the stylized print in the link. It is certainly no more disrespectful than having the stars and stripes on a cowboy shirt or waving the flag in support of some product being hawked.

And it is a damn sight more respectful than selling a tea-stained flag.

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal
09-20-2012, 10:51 AM

How about this...

Disrespect? It would never cross my mind but in thinking about it I can see why folks who fly racist confederate flags would take offense.

They take offense to anything suggesting a black man is to be looked up to by them.

icenine
09-20-2012, 10:51 AM
The fact that you can burn our flag and not go to jail demonstrates why this country is so great. I do not see why anyone gets upset about flag abuse. You want one in your front yard? Go ahead. You want to burn one also? Go ahead. Big Deal. I think there are so much more important things to worry about.

JJIII
09-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Blah blah blah. Typical broken thoughts from the brainwashed right. The flag is the symbol of the United States Federal Government. It is codified at 4 USC 1 et seq. They are one and the same.

And since when do protesters defend the flag of something that they are unhappy with?

Well, alrighty then. I hope the rest of your day is more enjoyable.

noonereal
09-20-2012, 10:55 AM

There is nothing brainwashed about John. His values simply stem from a diffident root than you or I.

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 10:56 AM

LOL!

I see the flag as a symbol of our great country. Nobody's burning it while I'm around.

Pete

JJIII
09-20-2012, 10:59 AM
John, I would be interested in the source of the photo included in your post. I have no problem with the stylized print in the link. It is certainly no more disrespectful than having the stars and stripes on a cowboy shirt or waving the flag in support of some product being hawked.

And it is a damn sight more respectful than selling a tea-stained flag.

Regards,

D-Ray

Here ya go Don. http://www.google.com/search?q=obama+flag&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GzxbUKfcMqjr0gGwiIHIDw&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=631 There are pages and pages out there.. I personally have no problem with either one of the images I offered. Kind of like a 1st Amendment thing to me. It is interesting how quickly the personal attacks started though. I guess some people are not very happy in their lives.

JJIII
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Disrespect? It would never cross my mind but in thinking about it I can see why folks who fly racist confederate flags would take offense.

They take offense to anything suggesting a black man is to be looked up to by them.

Now there is another twist on it. I'm sure you're right about a segment of our population.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Here's Romney's flag. What a disrespectful dildo.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9j2fpoxMB1qfengno1_500.jpg

icenine
09-20-2012, 11:12 AM
LOL!

I see the flag as a symbol of our great country. Nobody's burning it while I'm around.

Pete

So if it was illegal to burn our flag our country would be greater? You do not like the freedom of speech?

icenine
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Guess what it is illegal to burn the Chinese flag....

Boreas
09-20-2012, 11:38 AM

Apart from anything else, John, I think it's a disrespect to this board to post a thread like this in the Off-Topic Forum. This forum is supposed to be a safe haven from this sort of jingoistic BS. If you want to push people's buttons with meaningless lizard-brained shit like this take it to the Politics - or the To Be Ignored - Forum.

John

JJIII
09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
There is nothing brainwashed about John. His values simply stem from a diffident root than you or I.

Thank you Noon.

Boreas
09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
LOL!

Pete

The freedom to burn it is one of the things which make this country great. You obviously think we're just a little bit too great.

John

JJIII
09-20-2012, 11:42 AM
LOL!

Pete

So if it was illegal to burn our flag our country would be greater? You do not like the freedom of speech?

Where did Pete say anything about illegal?

merrylander
09-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Actually according to flag ettiquette whe the flag is discolored abd tattered you are supposed to burn it.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 11:45 AM
The freedom to burn it is one of the things which make this country great. You obviously think we're just a little bit too great.

John

A little too great -- personified. :D

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/357049/richard_pryor_gene_wilder_we_bad_scene_from_stir_c razy/

JJIII
09-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Here's Romney's flag. What a disrespectful dildo.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9j2fpoxMB1qfengno1_500.jpg

Probably on advise from his accountants and I don't much like it either. No more than I liked John Kerry's tax tricks with his yacht.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/23/john-kerry-saves-500000-b_n_656985.html

At least Kerry's yacht stayed in country.

Boreas
09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Actually according to flag ettiquette whe the flag is discolored abd tattered, as in tea stained, you are supposed to burn it.

All fixed!

John

icenine
09-20-2012, 11:52 AM

Implying he would take measures...perhaps violent?...to stop it.
That is how I took it.

Boreas
09-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Probably on advise from his accountants and I don't much like it either. No more than I liked John Kerry's tax tricks with his yacht.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/23/john-kerry-saves-500000-b_n_656985.html

At least Kerry's yacht stayed in country.

Pretty much says it all. Nothing like sinking your own boat, John.

John

JJIII
09-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Implying he would take measures...perhaps violent?...to stop it.
That is how I took it.

That's how I took it too. Still doesn't make it illegal. (The flag burning I mean.)

JJIII
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Pretty much says it all. Nothing like sinking your own boat, John.

John

I've got no boat to sink here. I was pointing out that both of them are sleazy with regards to tax owed on their boats.

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I've got no boat to sink here. I was pointing out that both of them are sleazy with regards to tax owed on their boats.

It (sleazy) goes with their economic class, John. :rolleyes:

They can afford to purchase the expertise to not let go of a dime more than absolutely necessary. Not completely on point, but it brought Rickie Lee Jones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTyh5ZQAAF0) to mind.

Because there ain't no man
Who got the money in his hand
Who got any of that bread
Bein' slow in the head

Regards,

D-Ray

icenine
09-20-2012, 12:17 PM
That's how I took it too. Still doesn't make it illegal. (The flag burning I mean.)

I am sure if George Bush burned it he would not have a problem with it....

Boreas
09-20-2012, 12:19 PM

Just the S.S. False Equivalency.

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Dang boreas eb came blazing in here full throttle and you blame one of the nicest people here?

Sha-ZAM! Royko said it best way back when, some things you don't need an amendment for, a punch in the nose works just fine.

Pete

JJIII
09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Just the S.S. False Equivalency.

How so? Did they not both take advantage of existing laws to save a bundle?

Boreas
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Dang boreas eb came blazing in here full throttle and you blame one of the nicest people here?

EB didn't create the thread. That nice guy did. EB just responded to it. I criticized John for WHERE he posted, not WHAT he posted.

John

JJIII
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
It (sleazy) goes with their economic class, John. :rolleyes:

They can afford to purchase the expertise to not let go of a dime more than absolutely necessary. Not completely on point, but it brought Rickie Lee Jones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTyh5ZQAAF0) to mind.

Because there ain't no man
Who got the money in his hand
Who got any of that bread
Bein' slow in the head

Regards,

D-Ray

Speaking of Rickie Lee, have you heard this? Not the best audio on the 'Tube but a nice (albeit somewhat spooky) version. I first heard a studio cut a couple of nights ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDsG7txTUDE

Back to regular programming.

Boreas
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
How so? Did they not both take advantage of existing laws to save a bundle?

First, it's a question of orders of magnitude.

Second, I don't think Kerry's running for president.

John

ebacon
09-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Sha-ZAM! Royko said it best way back when, some things you don't need an amendment for, a punch in the nose works just fine.

Pete

Full throttle is the only way to go. :D

Uneasy Rider, The Charlie Daniels Band

Now the last thing I wanted was to get into a fight
In Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night
'Specially when there was three of them and only one of me

Well they all started laughin' and I felt kinda sick
And I knew I'd better think of somethin' pretty quick
So I jes' reached out an' kicked ol' green-teeth right in the knee

He let out a yell that'd curl your hair
But before he could move I grabbed me a chair
And said watch him folks 'cause he's a thouroughly dangerous man

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 12:43 PM
LOL! Yeah I listen to them occasionally.

Boreas, I see, I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife :)

Pete

JJIII
09-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Apart from anything else, John, I think it's a disrespect to this board to post a thread like this in the Off-Topic Forum. This forum is supposed to be a safe haven from this sort of jingoistic BS. If you want to push people's buttons with meaningless lizard-brained shit like this take it to the Politics - or the To Be Ignored - Forum.

John

I just saw this post. I meant no offense to anyone here by posting in this forum. If Don would be so kind as to move it wherever he sees fit it is fine with me. As far as pushing buttons, all I did was ask a simple question. I don't own a single black helicopter. You are reading way to much into it as far as motives go.

JJIII
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
First, it's a question of orders of magnitude.

Second, I don't think Kerry's running for president.

John

Magnitude, shmagnitude. The principle is the same. They both avoided paying taxes the way they should have. To me it's kinda like being a "little bit pregnant". Won't wash.

I seem to remember Kerry was running when the news came out about his boat.

If you see a big difference that's fine. I don't.

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
I just saw this post. I meant no offense to anyone here by posting in this forum. If Don would be so kind as to move it wherever he sees fit it is fine with me. As far as pushing buttons, all I did was ask a simple question. I don't own a single black helicopter. You are reading way to much into it as far as motives go.

Don't forget that Pete can do that too. We need to get some work out of the new kid. ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Speaking of Rickie Lee, have you heard this? Not the best audio on the 'Tube but a nice (albeit somewhat spooky) version. I first heard a studio cut a couple of nights ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDsG7txTUDE

Back to regular programming.

Rickie Lee Jones and Ben Harper - two artists who fit my definition of "authentic." In other words, I wouldn't expect to see either one of them flying any sort of flag from a yacht - and that's not why they make music.

Regards,

D-Ray

ebacon
09-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Magnitude, shmagnitude. The principle is the same. They both avoided paying taxes the way they should have. To me it's kinda like being a "little bit pregnant". Won't wash.

So let's get this straight.

You don't see a difference between the United States and the Cayman Islands, a British Territory?

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM

You don't see a difference between the United States and the Cayman Islands, a British Territory?

The sad thing, EB, is that the folks in Romney's economic class don't. They pledge allegiance to gold.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 01:11 PM
So, Gore and Kerry didn't care about the US either? Or how about Hillary, they're wealthy now too?

Don't forget that Pete can do that too. We need to get some work out of the new kid. ;)

Regards,

D-Ray

That occurred to me but I have no idea how!

Pete

mezz
09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
In the Yachting world registering in the Cayman's is pretty common practice, just like in the business world incorporating in Delaware is. Saving money (and hassle) being the usual motivator(s). Obama seems devoid of the 'saving money motivation' (as do most people getting handouts and feeling generally 'entitled') so I wouldn't really expect any of his supporters, (and thus by association supporters of handouts and entitlements) to really value the concept.

noonereal
09-20-2012, 01:15 PM

Kerry or Romney, you don't run for president and fly another countries flag on your boat no matter what your reason.

It's just wrong.

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Hill and Billary's wealth is chump change to the folks in the Romney's class. I was speaking about the folks whose concern is manipulation of capital.

Regards,

D-Ray

noonereal
09-20-2012, 01:16 PM
In the Yachting world registering in the Cayman's is pretty common practice, just like in the business world incorporating in Delaware is. Saving money (and hassle) being the usual motivator(s). Obama seems devoid of the 'saving money motivation' (as do most people getting handouts and feeling generally 'entitled') so I wouldn't really expect any of his supporters, and thus supporters of handouts and entitlement to really value the concept.

:p I'd register my boat down in the Cayman's.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Kerry or Romney, you don't run for president and fly another countries flag on your boat no matter what your reason.

It's just wrong.

Good grief. You two are like the blind leading the blind.

Let's do a quiz.

Which of the following are states within the United States of America?

1) Massachussetts
2) Cayman Islands
C) Rhode Island

Which of the following foreign nations did Kerry use to avoid paying Federal taxes?

1) Massachussetts
2) Cayman Islands
C) Rhode Island
IV) None of the above. Kerry did not avoid paying US taxes, he merely minimized them.

Which of the following foreign nations does Mitt use to avoid paying US taxes?

1) Massachussetts
2) Cayman Islands
C) Rhode Island
IV) None of the above. Mitt is a job creator OMgz0rXX!!!!1!

mezz
09-20-2012, 01:28 PM

It's just wrong.

Boating ettiquite (as well the law in some nations) would dictate that a boat registered in the Cayman's is supposed to fly that territory's flag at the stern. It may fly a guest flag (the nation flag from which onboard guests are from) or a courtesy flag (of a nation whose waters it is in) on it's starboard main spreader but the stern is reserved for the national flag of the juristiction under which the boat is registered.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Hmmm. What flag does Kerry's yacht sail under? It looks vaguely familiar. It's red white and blue like the Cayman flag, so apparently that's close enough for a real Uhmurican.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/MetroPhotos07/10/Kerry_Yacht_072710.jpg

Boreas
09-20-2012, 01:32 PM

John, you'd have to be living in a vacuum not to know what a loaded issue flag "desecration" is for the Right. Frankly, I don't believe you.

John

ebacon
09-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Here's an article that explains national flags on yachts.

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/ownership/cost-american-megayacht-ownership

mezz
09-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Good grief. You two are like the blind leading the blind.

Let's do a quiz.

Which of the following are states within the United States of America?

1) Massachussetts
2) Cayman Islands
C) Rhode Island

Which of the following foreign nations did Kerry use to avoid paying Federal taxes?

1) Massachussetts
2) Cayman Islands
C) Rhode Island
IV) None of the above. Kerry did not avoid paying US taxes, he merely minimized them.

Which of the following foreign nations does Mitt use to avoid paying US taxes?

1) Massachussetts
2) Cayman Islands
C) Rhode Island
IV) None of the above. Mitt is a job creator OMgz0rXX!!!!1!

It doesn't avoid paying taxes. A boat purchased in a US state would be subject to whatever that state's sales taxes are. Port fees, some double taxation situations, and some inspection hassles in foreign ports can be minimized by having your yacht registered under the juristiction of the UK (which can be achieved by registering in the Cayman's, a UK territory).

When you buy your first Yacht you'll learn about all of this stuff, just as if you start your own limited company you'll likely have it incorporated in Delaware (and despite what Obama would have you believe, you'll probably have built that yourself).

Kerry's money comes from the Heinz fortune, thus he's pretty free with what he didn't earn... plus Teresa probably carrys the big stick in that family because someone other than John surely does.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 01:40 PM
It doesn't avoid paying taxes. A boat purchased in a US state would be subject to whatever that state's sales taxes are. Port fees, some double taxation situations, and some inspection hassles in foreign ports can be minimized by having your yacht registered under the juristiction of the UK (which can be achieved by registering in the Cayman's, a UK territory).

When you buy your first Yacht you'll learn about all of this stuff, just as if you start your own limited company you'll likely have it incorporated in Delaware (and despite what Obama would have you believe, you'll probably have built that yourself).

Kerry's money comes from the Heinz fortune, thus he's pretty free with what he didn't earn... plus Teresa probably carrys the big stick in that family because someone other than John surely does.

I'm familiar with all that crap from the airplane world. Same game.

Boreas
09-20-2012, 01:41 PM
See any US ensign flying from the "Cracker Bay's" spreader, Mess?

John

http://media.kitsapsun.com/media/img/photos/2012/08/29/media_7bb4748e894547efb5abdbe9a6b2170f_t607.jpg

mezz
09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Hmmm. What flag does Kerry's yacht sail under? It looks vaguely familiar. It's red white and blue like the Cayman flag, so apparently that's close enough for a real Uhmurican.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/MetroPhotos07/10/Kerry_Yacht_072710.jpg

The general rules regarding ensign (or national) flag size are 1 inch per foot of vessel length. It is better to err on the large vs the small side, but I think Kerry is perhaps overdoing it here. Think he has something to prove?

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 01:43 PM
I see his wife only paid 15% ;)

Pete

ebacon
09-20-2012, 01:47 PM
The general rules regarding ensign (or national) flag size are 1 inch per foot of vessel length. It is better to err on the large vs the small side, but I think Kerry is perhaps overdoing it here. Think he has something to prove?

Ruh-roh. Now a Republican is blaming someone for having too much patriotism.

Whiners are never happy. :p

ebacon
09-20-2012, 01:48 PM

Pete

Aaaaaand . . . she paid that to me. :D

http://youtu.be/BZlxvn_jWgM

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 01:50 PM

Pete

There is one significant parallel between Kerry and Romney. In each instance, the party put a weak candidate up against a president who was vulnerable. In Bush's case it was the mishandling of the wars, in Obama's case it is difficulty in overcoming the lingering effects of the Bush economic meltdown.

Regards,

D-Ray

JJIII
09-20-2012, 01:51 PM

My point was they both avoiding paying taxes they should have paid.

It's just wrong.

I agree with this.

John, you'd have to be living in a vacuum not to know what a loaded issue flag "desecration" is for the Right. Frankly, I don't believe you.

John

Big whoopty-dang-doo. The question was intended to start a discussion. It has.

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
The apprentice succeeds in moving the thread. Congrats Pete. Figured it out on your own. :)

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
09-20-2012, 01:59 PM

Of course, if Kerry were flying an ensign of the minimum size, you'd be accusing him of insufficient patriotism. You people are so f#@king predictable and so f#@king boring.

And, at sea, an ensign is always an ensign. A flag is for signalling.

John

mezz
09-20-2012, 02:07 PM
See any US ensign flying from the "Cracker Bay's" spreader, Mess?

John

http://media.kitsapsun.com/media/img/photos/2012/08/29/media_7bb4748e894547efb5abdbe9a6b2170f_t607.jpg

Well, your photo appears to have been taken either before 8 am or after sunset, so unless the yacht was leaving port it shouldn't be flying any flags. I do see the Cayman's flag at the stern which indicates that the vessel was in the Cayman's or the flags may be in the process of being taking down for the night, or being hoisted in the morning.

Here are some pictures of the Cracker Bay which clearly show the US flag being flown during daylight hours in the proper position (for a courtesy flag) at the highest point of the vessel which substitutes for the mainmast on a vessel without mast or sail such as this is.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=319715000

JJIII
09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
The apprentice succeeds in moving the thread. Congrats Pete. Figured it out on your own. :)

Regards,

D-Ray

Thanks Pete.

ebacon
09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Hmmm.

Po folk can rent Kerry's yacht for about $33K/week. That's a steal compared to Mitt's $50K/plate dinners.

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=syisabel-6173

icenine
09-20-2012, 02:16 PM

Pete

I thought you do not like big government....like Ebacon said the flag represents that...why would you care if someone burned it? Besides after all the Pabst Blue Ribbon beers I am pretty sure your punch would miss...

piece-itpete
D, Ji, as Chas would say, I'm a Fart Smeller :D

Pete

Boreas
Well, your photo appears to have been taken either before 8 am or after sunset, so unless the yacht was leaving port it shouldn't be flying any flags. I do see the Cayman's flag at the stern which indicates that the vessel was in the Cayman's or the flags may be in the process of being taking down for the night, or being hoisted in the morning.

Wow, squirm much? That photo is from Tampa at the Convention.....

But I'm sure you're right. I'm sure the Caymanian ensign was just about to be struck.

Also, apropos of nothing really, if you look, you'll see Cracker Bay is rigged with a small (radio?) mast and spreader in the photo. That's where the halyard would/should be. There appears to be nothing there.

John

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 02:33 PM
PBR me ASAP? :D

The US is a great place, a beacon unto the world. Just because we've slid too far towards D.C. doesn't change that.

Pete

ebacon
09-20-2012, 02:36 PM

The US is a great place, a beacon unto the world. Just because we've slid too far towards D.C. doesn't change that.

Pete

Did someone say beer summit?

/perk! :D

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 02:55 PM
:D

But, less filling, or tastes great? :eek:

Pete

icenine
09-20-2012, 02:56 PM

Pete

Well after you have punched me in the nose you get a downgrade USA Beer...they still have that there in Ohio? Actually means U Save Alot beer;)

Hey you cannot have your big wars in the Middle East without D.C. Pete you know that as well as I do.....

back in the 80s a six of USA went for $1.99

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Gennesseein' is believin' was $1.99 too :)

Pete

icenine
09-20-2012, 03:09 PM

Pete

I do really miss Gennesee Cream Ale...that was my all time favorite...

ebacon
09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Wiedemann's at $4/case FTW!

And whaddya know? It's coming back!
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120803/NEWS01/308030102/Wiedemann-beer-returns-Newport

piece-itpete
09-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Wasn't Wiedemans slogan 'It's the water, I tell you'?

I saw it on a truck and someone crossed out the 'the' :D

Pete

d-ray657
09-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Boulevard Pale Ale (http://www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers/pale-ale/), brewed right here in the heart of America. It's worthy of any summit. (No affiliation)

Regards,

D-Ray

icenine
09-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Wiedemann's at $4/case FTW!

And whaddya know? It's coming back!
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120803/NEWS01/308030102/Wiedemann-beer-returns-Newport

Yeah that is what I drank at Kent State University when funds were low...my dad would send me $10 bucks a week for an allowance lol...Red and White packaging ......:D

bobabode
09-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Tecate! Mi compadres!:D

BlueStreak
09-21-2012, 06:33 AM

How about this...

No more so than that draft dodging maggot Ted Nugent wearing the flag as a garment, while denigrating the President of the United States with a loud streak of profanity at one of his shitty concerts.:rolleyes:

Dave

BlueStreak
09-21-2012, 06:36 AM

Pete

I do really miss Gennesee Cream Ale...that was my all time favorite...

They sell that crap here. I get some every now and then, just to remind myself of the terrible taste I had as a teenager.

Dave

BlueStreak
09-21-2012, 06:44 AM

Yeah, he's proving that he isn't a draft dogding POS, like your boy is. See, Kerry both served his country AND pays his taxes, unlike that worthless, self-serving, elitist prick you worship. Oh, my bad, I have to be more specific when referring to Republican draft dodgers----I was speaking of Mitt Romney.

Dave

JJIII
09-21-2012, 07:14 AM
No more so than that draft dodging maggot Ted Nugent wearing the flag as a garment, while denigrating the President of the United States with a loud streak of profanity at one of his shitty concerts.:rolleyes:

Dave

I'm not a big fan of wearing the flag either, unless it is part of a uniform as in law enforcement, military, emergency personnel, etc. That being said, I support the 1st Amendment also.

mezz
09-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Yeah, he's proving that he isn't a draft dogding POS, like your boy is. See, Kerry both served his country AND pays his taxes, unlike that worthless, self-serving, elitist prick you worship. Oh, my bad, I have to be more specific when referring to Republican draft dodgers----I was speaking of Mitt Romney.

Dave

Until Obama came along I thought Kerry's hypocrisy was beyond the pale. Imagine insuring you were filmed throwing your medals over a fence and then when you decide to run for president those medals magically appear and you are suddenly a proud war hero. With such antics Kerry ended up proving himself a flip-flopping and pandering opportunist. He was for his military service, before he was against it, before he was for it again. The electorate sent a clear message on Kerry anyway.

I appreciate military service/sacrifice more than the average guy, but I don't think it creates any immunity for anyone and certainly don't respect hypocritical opportunists like Kerry using his service to support whatever his political flavor of the month is regarding being pro-war or anti-war etc. I also don't believe we should be honoring servicemen who have been convicted of serious crimes (such as serial child murderers who happened to be veterens and who still have flowers and US flags placed on their graves to honor their service).

You should probably consider not speaking about your next commander-in-chief in quite that way... mostly for the benefit of your own mental health which may end up under some strain already in early Nov. Think positive thoughts.

d-ray657
09-21-2012, 07:24 AM
What makes you so confident, Mezz? It certainly can't be the polls, particularly the ones in the swing states. When demonstrating such cockiness in the light of contrary evidence, it seems to boil down to an irrational hatred for your current commander in chief.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
09-21-2012, 07:45 AM
They sell that crap here. I get some every now and then, just to remind myself of the terrible taste I had as a teenager.

Dave

Last year in a 'hood gas station I spotted regular Gennie tallboy 6 packs for $2.99. I thought what the heck, I'll try it for old times' sake. Um, yuck.

I'm not a big fan of wearing the flag either, unless it is part of a uniform as in law enforcement, military, emergency personnel, etc. That being said, I support the 1st Amendment also.

On antiques roadshow the other day they had a pair of Civil War socks. There was a Union flag on the tops, and a Confederate flag on the sole :)

Pete

JJIII
09-21-2012, 08:07 AM
On antiques roadshow the other day they had a pair of Civil War socks. There was a Union flag on the tops, and a Confederate flag on the sole :)

Pete

Damn Yankees! They've got no respect.:D

mezz
09-21-2012, 08:08 AM
What makes you so confident, Mezz? It certainly can't be the polls, particularly the ones in the swing states. When demonstrating such cockiness in the light of contrary evidence, it seems to boil down to an irrational hatred for your current commander in chief.

Regards,

D-Ray

The only thing that is irrational is the thinking that Obama's first term was anywhere near a success and that people won't end up voting for 'change'. Hence my confidence.

d-ray657
09-21-2012, 08:18 AM
The only thing that is irrational is the thinking that Obama's first term was anywhere near a success and that people won't end up voting for 'change'. Hence my confidence.

As I said, an irrational hatred for the man in the office.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
09-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Until Obama came along I thought Kerry's hypocrisy was beyond the pale. Imagine insuring you were filmed throwing your medals over a fence and then when you decide to run for president those medals magically appear and you are suddenly a proud war hero. With such antics Kerry ended up proving himself a flip-flopping and pandering opportunist. He was for his military service, before he was against it, before he was for it again. The electorate sent a clear message on Kerry anyway.

I appreciate military service/sacrifice more than the average guy, but I don't think it creates any immunity for anyone and certainly don't respect hypocritical opportunists like Kerry using his service to support whatever his political flavor of the month is regarding being pro-war or anti-war etc. I also don't believe we should be honoring servicemen who have been convicted of serious crimes (such as serial child murderers who happened to be veterens and who still have flowers and US flags placed on their graves to honor their service).

You should probably consider not speaking about your next commander-in-chief in quite that way... mostly for the benefit of your own mental health which may end up under some strain already in early Nov. Think positive thoughts.

You do understand that someone can be against a war and still love their country, Right? That it is possible for men to go off to war, even volutarily, and discover that they don't much care for the way the government is waging that war....and thence protest against it....without necessarily being guilty of anything treasonous, can't you? I've seen the interview he gave before the senate committee, and as I understand it, didn't say anything that didn't contain some truth.

I find that quite different from someone who professes support for the same war, then seeks exemptions and runs off to France on some bogus "religious mission" to wait it out. This to me is reprehensible behaviour.

What's even more reprehensible is some dirtbag who trashtalks the military during the war, goes before the draft board and shits his pants to get out of the being drafted......Now, all of the sudden he's Captain America, running around talking more baseless, profane trash about our president and his administration...................

I'm not buying it, Mezz. I've seen who the real , one way, draft dodging pigs are, and it's not John Kerry, or Barack Obama. It's Romney and Nugent.

Regards,
Dave

Charles
09-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but I wuz in 2nd grade too. I just moved beyond. If anyone should perceive that as an insult...then I'm talking to you.

If this thread isn't the ultimate pissing contest...I don't know what is.

I suppose my point is we are no longer adults having a rational discussion, but children rationalizing their discussion.

Stick that in your collective pipe and smoke it.

Chas

PS: And I went out of way not to take sides, as much as I wanted to.

bobabode
09-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but I wuz in 2nd grade too. I just moved beyond. If anyone should perceive that as an insult...then I'm talking to you.

I suppose my point is we are no longer adults having a rational discussion, but children rationalizing their discussion.

Chas

Puff, puff- tastes like stems and seeds, Charlie. Who started this thread?:)Sorry JJ....;)

BlueStreak
09-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Whatever, Chas.

Dave

piece-itpete
09-24-2012, 08:10 AM
As I said, an irrational hatred for the man in the office.

Regards,

D-Ray

I hate Kenyan Kansasians (?) exclusively :D

Chas

Whoo-hoo! Pipes. :D

Pete