PDA

View Full Version : Our tax dollars at work

Grumpy
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
With my wife taking a substantial pay cut we thought it may be for the best to request a loan modification for our mortgage. The big O guy says hes gonna help and and who am I to turn it down.

Got the paperwork packet in the mail today from the mortgage company. Under the Financial Stability Plan my payments will go up $263.15 a month. :eek:

What the fuck ? Am I the wrong color. FUCK the gooberment and the horse they rode in on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

JJIII
10-19-2009, 06:54 PM
"Change you can believe in!" :eek:

Sandy G
10-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah, but YOU'RE a White, Oppressive Male...Shoulda had Nancy apply. And don't forget that any assistance, like the "Kash Fer Klunkers" program, IS taxable at the highest allowable rate...

Charles
10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm from the goobermitt and I'm here to help.

Besides, you're doing the wrong thing...you're trying to help yourself. Quit working so hard.

"Sit down on your ass, light up a Camel, this is the promised land"...FDR

Chas

Grumpy
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM

Chas

I keep trying too but these damn self-extinguishing cigarettes keep putting themselves out. Not to mention they taste like shit now !

Gooberment fucked up that simple pleasure too..

Charles
10-20-2009, 06:49 AM
I keep trying too but these damn self-extinguishing cigarettes keep putting themselves out. Not to mention they taste like shit now !

Gooberment fucked up that simple pleasure too..

What did they put in tobacco to make it stink?

When I was a kid, cigarettes smelled good, now they're horrible. At least they haven't ruined captain Black.

Chas

merrylander
10-20-2009, 07:33 AM
You did say you got the papers "from the mortgage company" hardly the governmment's fault that most mortgage companies cannot find their gluteous maximus with both hands and a flashlight.

Grumpy
10-20-2009, 08:54 AM
These are the standard Financial Stability Plan papers supplied to the mortgage company by the feds.

I hate them both !

Charles
10-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Seems like Kam ran into similar problems when he tried to modify his mortgage with "help" from the goobermitt.

Chas

hillbilly
10-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I was sitting on a rock the other day and the horses came up and just decided to hang out with me. I told 'em since they wanted to know what I was thinkin' about, then I may as well point out just how lucky they really are.

I told 'em they didn't have to worry about whether or not work will hold up for the next five years till the farms paid off. I told 'em they didn't have to worry about going to the store and buying food. I told 'em they didn't have to worry about how they'll pay the doctor when they grow old. I told 'em they are very lucky indeed to be horses. Then my sons horse nudged at my baccer pocket ... and I said ''thats exactly what I mean ole fella'', .. and I gave him a chew. Good day .. or a bad one, you can't help but love the creatures :D

JJIII
10-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Sorry to ruin your breakfast....:mad:

Written by Dr. Paul L. Williams

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much," she said. "See, that's why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, "... Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.

Just think, Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhowe had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary from her husband's salary.

Total Personal Staff members for other first ladies paid by taxpayers:

Mamie Eisenhower : 1 paid for personally out of President's salary

Jackie Kennedy: 1

Roseline Carter: 1

Barbara Bush: 1

Hilary Clinton: 3

Laura Bush: 1

Michele Obama: 22

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Ms Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU, John Q. Public:

Michele Obama's personal staff:
1.. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lel yveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samanth a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
(total = $1,591,200 in annual salaries)

There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.

Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe .

Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com
canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652

Yes, I know, The Canadian Free Press had to publish this perhaps because America no longer has a free press and the USA media is too scared that they might be considered racist or suffer at the hands of Obama.

Sorry America!

Charles
10-21-2009, 06:59 AM
But, but, but...the Canadian Free Press is a conservative site...they even say so themselves!!!!! They have an agenda!!!!

Chas

JJIII
10-21-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm sorry to start anyone's day like that. Here is something to make you forget about the other post. :mad: :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgUCdefSW8

Grumpy
10-21-2009, 09:47 AM
22 aids ??? Holy shit that is just plain disgusting !!!!!

Fuck that bitch. I am sure shes saying shes doing her part for the economy but thats just wrong. She did not get one vote and should not have access to that sort of staff budget.

Fast_Eddie
10-21-2009, 10:01 AM
With my wife taking a substantial pay cut we thought it may be for the best to request a loan modification for our mortgage. The big O guy says hes gonna help and and who am I to turn it down.

Got the paperwork packet in the mail today from the mortgage company. Under the Financial Stability Plan my payments will go up $263.15 a month. :eek:

What the fuck ? Am I the wrong color. FUCK the gooberment and the horse they rode in on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Well, that sucks. But I have to point something out- you're angry because the government plan to help people can't help you? So, Obama would be better in your eyes if he had done nothing.

Starting to understand how people liked Bush. Nothing was something he was very good at doing, at least for people in this country. But I do hear about all the great schools and hospitals we're building in Iraq. I guess education and health care for Iraqi citizens are big priorities for American taxpayers.

Not making light of anyone's financial situation though. I thank God everyday that so far I'm still doing okay. Certainly don't feel confidant that it will last forever. If the bottom does fall out for me I sure hope we haven't gutted every service that may have helped.

Fast_Eddie
10-21-2009, 10:02 AM
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.

This, of course, is a lie.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/firstlady.asp

Fast_Eddie
10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
22 aids ??? Holy shit that is just plain disgusting !!!!!

Fuck that bitch. I am sure shes saying shes doing her part for the economy but thats just wrong. She did not get one vote and should not have access to that sort of staff budget.

Laura Bush had between 24 and 26 aids. "Fuck that bitch" too? Or as you postulated in your first post, is she the wrong color?

Fast_Eddie
10-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Written by Dr. Paul L. Williams

Maybe a different guy, but Wikipedia has an entry for a Dr. Paul L. Williams which contains tid bits like this:

Lawsuit
Williams is currently being sued by McMaster University for upwards of $2-Million, as a result of his claims that Islamic terrorists managed to steal 180lbs of unspecified nuclear material from the McMaster Nuclear Reactor. The University has extracted an apology from the publisher of Dunces of Doomsday, WND Books/Cumberland House Publishing, who now say that statements made in Williams' book about the theft are "without basis in fact." Williams himself is standing behind his claims.

The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, which regulates all radioactive material in Canada, have released a letter stating that "We can confirm that there has never been a report of any nuclear material that has been lost or stolen from McMaster's reactor".[3]

Grumpy
10-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Laura Bush had between 24 and 26 aids. "Fuck that bitch" too? Or as you postulated in your first post, is she the wrong color?

I still dislike her cause she has bigger guns then me :D

Otherwise I am sorry for my inaccurate rant.

Fast_Eddie
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
I still dislike her cause she has bigger guns then me :D

Otherwise I am sorry for my inaccurate rant.

You and me both buddy. I swear I can't get in shape to save my life.

Fit bitch.

Grumpy
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, that sucks. But I have to point something out- you're angry because the government plan to help people can't help you? So, Obama would be better in your eyes if he had done nothing.

Starting to understand how people liked Bush. Nothing was something he was very good at doing, at least for people in this country. But I do hear about all the great schools and hospitals we're building in Iraq. I guess education and health care for Iraqi citizens are big priorities for American taxpayers.

Not making light of anyone's financial situation though. I thank God everyday that so far I'm still doing okay. Certainly don't feel confidant that it will last forever. If the bottom does fall out for me I sure hope we haven't gutted every service that may have helped.

Short answer yes.

Why is it to help some people ( who are usually of color ) and not all.

doucanoe
10-21-2009, 12:09 PM
My "everything" is and has gone up substantially. Property Tax (even though value is way down) along with Homeowners insurance, Tuition, Auto, Food... Everything.

Just wait until the VAT kicks in. It's coming like a freight train.

Thank God, I will have affordable health care. Oh, thats right, thats going to cost me also.

RC

JJIII
10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I stand corrected. I would urge anyone to check the Snopes link Fast Eddie provided. I will say that the quote Eddie has under my name is part of the article and not from me directly.

I will try to remember to check things like this a little closer before I post them in the future.

Sorry for the misinformation, :o

John

merrylander
10-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, where did this BS about the cost of living not having gone up. I had an appraisal done on the house, licenced appraiser, came in at $615,000. Sent a copy of the cover page to the state and county, they still have us at $630,000. The letter did not say to FO but they may as well have. Homeowners insurance and auto insurance up, gas up, food up - and you have to eat the veggies on the way to your car before they go rotten.

doucanoe
10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
...and you have to eat the veggies on the way to your car before they go rotten.

I know what you are saying Rob, whats up with that???

We have gotten to a point around here where we are buying fresh vegies twice as often because seem to be going south on the drive home from the store. A couple of different stores around here seem to have the same problem lately.

The other day, we were hungry for some fresh green beans. I sorted through damn near a hay bail of them and couldn't even come up with enough for dinner. It wasn't like they were giving them away either :(

You think they would just call a "do-over" and throw all that crap out. It's obvious it isn't selling or not moving fast enough anyway.

RC

d-ray657
10-21-2009, 02:41 PM
I stand corrected. I would urge anyone to check the Snopes link Fast Eddie provided. I will say that the quote Eddie has under my name is part of the article and not from me directly.

I will try to remember to check things like this a little closer before I post them in the future.

Sorry for the misinformation, :o

John

WTF, a political chat page and someone is admitting a mistake.

Actually, John here's a nod of respect to you.

Someday, I might learn what it's like to make a mistage. :D

Regards,

D-Ray

Grumpy
10-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, where did this BS about the cost of living not having gone up. I had an appraisal done on the house, licenced appraiser, came in at $615,000. Sent a copy of the cover page to the state and county, they still have us at $630,000. The letter did not say to FO but they may as well have. Homeowners insurance and auto insurance up, gas up, food up - and you have to eat the veggies on the way to your car before they go rotten.

I feel your pain. Our house has decreased in value by at least 35-40,000 and my taxes went up by a couple of hundred a year. That was not enough so our city has a vote in Nov to raise them again. My guess is it will be the first time we even got a unanimous result.

Charles
10-21-2009, 06:49 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-story-of-21-year-old-with-the-underwater-fha-loan-is-even-worse-than-you-think-2009-10

Grumpy, yer just doin' sumptin' wrong.

Chas

Charles
10-21-2009, 07:08 PM

We're just not printing money fast enough. More money you got, more shit you can buy.

Inflation, the fairest tax of all. Affects those with assets the most.

Chas

spasmo55
10-22-2009, 08:23 AM
A little something in regards to the original intent of the thread. Please pay particular attention to paragraph 5.

http://news.lp.findlaw.com/ap/a/w/1151/10-20-2009/20091020002027_36.html

I guess Hillary hired travel people for the prez from her time in the "House", hey!!

merrylander
10-22-2009, 10:12 AM
So the Prez has so much spare time that he should not combine things? W sure as hell spent a hell of a lot of Air Force 1 dollars in his 8 years and not all of it was for the benefit of taxpayers.

Fast_Eddie
10-22-2009, 10:14 AM
A little something in regards to the original intent of the thread. Please pay particular attention to paragraph 5.

http://news.lp.findlaw.com/ap/a/w/1151/10-20-2009/20091020002027_36.html

I guess Hillary hired travel people for the prez from her time in the "House", hey!!

The original intent of this thread was to suggest that the financial stability plan was racist and only helped minorities. That was substantiated by the ravings of some kookoo who was shown to be lying.

I don't see the connection to the link you posted. Nor do I see the point. If you'd like to have your jaw drop a bit examine how Cheney used this kind of provision. Not to mention W.

Grumpy
10-22-2009, 11:00 AM
The original intent of this thread was to suggest that the financial stability plan was racist and only helped minorities. That was substantiated by the ravings of some kookoo who was shown to be lying.

I don't see the connection to the link you posted. Nor do I see the point. If you'd like to have your jaw drop a bit examine how Cheney used this kind of provision. Not to mention W.

No that was not my intent. I can see how or why you took it that way.

BlueStreak
10-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm from the goobermitt and I'm here to help.

Besides, you're doing the wrong thing...you're trying to help yourself. Quit working so hard.

Chas

Did he really say that? That's awesome.

Charles
10-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Did he really say that? That's awesome.

Glenn Beck says he did.

Chas

merrylander
10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
And as usual Beck is full of that smelly brown stuff, I lived through FDR's administrations, and that is more than that wet behind the ears a-hole can say.

BlueStreak
10-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Glenn Beck says he did.

Chas

Figures.

Beck should wear a diaper on his head, 'cuz more shit comes from his mouth than anywhere else.

Dave

Charles
10-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Beck never said that, as far as I know. It was part of an old joke.

Amazing how the smallest of things can invoke so much rage.

BTW, wife just returned from "the home for the criminally insane", said she had to put two of her "clients" in restraints and had to write up two others.

Is it a full moon tonite?

Chas

spasmo55
10-23-2009, 01:32 PM

"Our Tax Dollars at Work" See the relevance of my link?

Expected type of replys: Wellllllll, W did it, Cheney did it, blah, blah, blah.

I was looking for "CHANGE" as promised. Most employers would not be real happy if you went out while on the clock trying to raise money for your buddies, or look for another job for yourself or friends.

He is paid to administer the Federal Gov't, not his Party. Remember how many times you have read in this forum "He is our President", once elected let the DNC run the party, you run the country.

It has become excepted practice that politicians can do shit way outside their job description on the taxpayers dime, perhaps that is one reason they can't do shit within their job description well.

Why the F**K should we as taxpayers except this practice!!!

Now tell me again about all the things our government does well. I keep forgetting because I'm not seeing it.

Charles
10-23-2009, 05:48 PM
"Our Tax Dollars at Work" See the relevance of my link?

Expected type of replys: Wellllllll, W did it, Cheney did it, blah, blah, blah.

I was looking for "CHANGE" as promised. Most employers would not be real happy if you went out while on the clock trying to raise money for your buddies, or look for another job for yourself or friends.

He is paid to administer the Federal Gov't, not his Party. Remember how many times you have read in this forum "He is our President", once elected let the DNC run the party, you run the country.

It has become excepted practice that politicians can do shit way outside their job description on the taxpayers dime, perhaps that is one reason they can't do shit within their job description well.

Why the F**K should we as taxpayers except this practice!!!

Now tell me again about all the things our government does well. I keep forgetting because I'm not seeing it.

The pot calling the kettle black, or "my way or the highway...it's my turn now", are not arguments which are conducive to a constructive political discourse.

But if you have a case of the ass, and are of a notion to start a fight, they work as well as anything.

Don't want to point any fingers, not to mention that I'm as guilty as anyone...but what's say we play nice in the sandbox?

Until, of course, I've had a bad day, I'm drunk, pissed off, but still have enough of a grasp on reality to realize that picking a fight on the internet is far wiser than shootin' up the "hood".

Chas

noonereal
10-23-2009, 06:20 PM

Healthcare. Medicare is a very successful program.

NASA, Military, US Post Office, FDA.......

Charles
10-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Healthcare. Medicare is a very successful program.

NASA, Military, US Post Office, FDA.......

You forgot NSA, CIA, FBI, DEA, BATF, IRS, ICE, TSA, and.................................

Amtrack!!!!!!!!!

Chas

noonereal
10-24-2009, 03:08 PM
You forgot NSA, CIA, FBI, DEA, BATF, IRS, ICE, TSA, and.................................

Amtrack!!!!!!!!!

Chas

yes the IRS is very effective, I'd like see prove industry take money from folks as effectively

Charles
10-24-2009, 03:51 PM
yes the IRS is very effective, I'd like see prove industry take money from folks as effectively

I've noticed that being a member of the Obama Administration seems to be far more effective in causing people to pay their taxes than the IRS is.

Maybe the IRS is just for "the little people".

Chas

noonereal
10-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I've noticed that being a member of the Obama Administration seems to be far more effective in causing people to pay their taxes than the IRS is.

Maybe the IRS is just for "the little people".

Chas

Some things never change. :rolleyes:

merrylander
10-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Amtrak actually does well for a railroad that owns very little track. What they do own they pay for themselves unlike airlines whose airports we pay for, and trucking companies whose roads we pay for.

Sure Amtrack gets handed some money every year, but no moreso than the airlines or trucking companies.

Took the Superliner to Colorado a few years back, great way to actually 'see' the country. Much prettier at ground level than at 30,000 feet. Food was great, not like Southmessed peanuts.

Charles
10-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Amtrak actually does well for a railroad that owns very little track. What they do own they pay for themselves unlike airlines whose airports we pay for, and trucking companies whose roads we pay for.

Sure Amtrack gets handed some money every year, but no moreso than the airlines or trucking companies.

Took the Superliner to Colorado a few years back, great way to actually 'see' the country. Much prettier at ground level than at 30,000 feet. Food was great, not like Southmessed peanuts.

Amtrack just doesn't work in Missouri, unless you want to go from St. Louis to Kansas City.

Actually, when I was a kid, and we still had a depot, my Grandfather took me to KC a couple of times to watch the Cardinals play KC...he was a die hard Cardinal fan. Also retired from the railroad and got free passes. We still have the "Railroad Pond", about a three acre lake which has been converted into a pretty nice city park. Used to go hunting there when I was a kid...back in the good old days when the city cops would drive past a couple of mean little kids packing .22's and shotguns and never look up. It was a city park then.

I enjoyed taking the train. Way better than riding the Arkamo (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri) bus. Purple with an orange interior.

I would rather walk uphill in the rain as fly.

Chas

Twodogs
10-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Small world, my Dad was a die hard Cardinals fan too. We only went to games at Bush Stadium though, and then only when he got tickets for free at work. When I first moved here to KC I would wear all my Cardinals gear to watch the Royals play. Oddly enough, I would get as many thumbs up as thumbs down on my attire.:p

Charles
10-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Small world, my Dad was a die hard Cardinals fan too. We only went to games at Bush Stadium though, and then only when he got tickets for free at work. When I first moved here to KC I would wear all my Cardinals gear to watch the Royals play. Oddly enough, I would get as many thumbs up as thumbs down on my attire.:p

Always was a Cardinals fan...raised that way. I still like their baseball team, although I would rather watch the grass grow as baseball. And I'm still a fan of Anheuser Busch, I just refuse to drink their slop. Someone up there should be shot for ruining Michelob.

And someone else should be shot for moving the Cardinals football team to Arizona and replacing them with the LA Bums.

But I've been down on football every since they fired Tom Landry. While we're shooting people, let's save a cap for Jerry Jones.

Chas

d-ray657
10-24-2009, 06:20 PM

Now you're talking sense. Been a Cardinal fan since the '64 World Series. If they let us out of class to go watch TV in the gym, I figured it had to be something special. While I would have liked to see the Cards in the series this year, it would have been real tough to fulfill my promise to take the boys to the Series again this year - 3 tickets at $250-$300 each.

Regards,

D-Ray

d-ray657
10-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Always was a Cardinals fan...raised that way. I still like their baseball team, although I would rather watch the grass grow as baseball. And I'm still a fan of Anheuser Busch, I just refuse to drink their slop. Someone up there should be shot for ruining Michelob.

And someone else should be shot for moving the Cardinals football team to Arizona and replacing them with the LA Bums.

But I've been down on football every since they fired Tom Landry. While we're shooting people, let's save a cap for Jerry Jones.

Chas

Same guy who moved the football Cardinals also fired Bud Wilkinson. :mad:

Who do ya think I was rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Regards,

D-Ray