PDA

View Full Version : Change you can believe in.

Charles
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2009/10/21/poll-obama-worst-decline-in-approval-since-wwii/#

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Chas

d-ray657
10-22-2009, 03:53 AM
Change is painful. Moreover, much of what Obama's trying to do threatens those with lots of resources to invest in misinformation - for example insurance companies. Sooner or later people are going to realize that corporate America's interest isn't the people's interest.

Regards,

D-Ray

Grumpy
10-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Change is painful. Moreover, much of what Obama's trying to do threatens those with lots of resources to invest in misinformation - for example insurance companies. Sooner or later people are going to realize that all politicians in America's interest isn't the people's interest.

Regards,

D-Ray

Fixed that for you :)

d-ray657
10-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Fixed that for you :)

Signed up with the insurance lobby?

Regards,

D-Ray

Grumpy
10-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Just because I do not support the proposed health care plan does not mean I am a big biz lacky..

d-ray657
10-22-2009, 07:18 AM
To expand on my original post, I trust elected officials who are held accountable by the electorate more than I trust an organization whose only loyalty is to the bottom line. The edit showed a greater trust in corporate officials than elected officials.

The insurance companies are engaged in a desparate campaign to protect their bottom line, suggesting that even with competition from the government, the health care reform would result in higher prices. A basic economic principle is that competition lowers prices. The insurance industry is just feeding us more vodoo economics.

I do, however, trust music lovers and those who facilitate the audio experience, more than I trust corporations. :cool: I will, therefore, apologize for throwing you into the same basket as those slime-sucking insurance Dons who have their high priced bookies (actuaries) take petite girls and plump babies off the board.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20091021/hl_ynews/ynews_hl951

Regards,

D-Ray

merrylander
10-22-2009, 07:38 AM
In retrospect there was more truth than fiction in John Grisham's novel about the disease insurance industry. (I don't understand why it is called health insurance because they won't pay for routine checkups that might avert some diseases).

On the good news front it seems Dick Armey is now the big honcho in the GOP. Theye are currently down to 20% of the electorate, leave dickey boy in charge for another year and the only thing protecting them will be the game laws.

noonereal
10-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Just because I do not support the proposed health care plan does not mean I am a big biz lacky..

What are your views on the current health care system.

Grumpy
10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
What are your views on the current health care system.

Simple it does not work.

Fast_Eddie
10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Simple it does not work.

It works great for the people who own it and have stock in it.

Fast_Eddie
10-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Change is painful. Moreover, much of what Obama's trying to do threatens those with lots of resources to invest in misinformation - for example insurance companies. Sooner or later people are going to realize that corporate America's interest isn't the people's interest.

Regards,

D-Ray

I think you're about right here. If this thing works out his numbers will improve. The insentive to spend big bucks lying about it will be removed once it's passed and Obama will take every opportunity to show poor kids who's lives were saved. In the end it will be a politicial win for him- assuming it gets done. Otherwise, yeah, he's in a tough spot. That's exactly why Republicans won't get on board, as I've been saying, with *any* plan to reform the health care system. Jesus himslef could write the bill and they'd find some way to be against it. They know that if he gets this done they're in trouble.

And let me plant this seed- listen to allllll those Republicans saying "we need to do something". If nothing is done and they win control of Congress, how many healt care reform plans do you think they'll propose. I'll tell you. Exactly the same number of plans they proposed last time they ran Washington (not all that long ago). Specifically, zero. Why? Because they are LYING! They say "somthing needs to be done" but they did nothing and are working hard to do nothing once more.